Chapter 20 - Time Gone by

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did your mom gave you any trouble last night after I left?"

"No." Taeyeon sighed. "She did this morning though...I..."

She paused to think if she should tell Tiffany. Plus, her mom did seem to have an idea of who Tiffany is. She better be careful.

"Remember Tae, if you don't want to tell me or explain something to me you do not have to." Tiffany reassured her, "do you still have a tangerine on...wait, where's your school supplies?"

"Huh? Right, I forgot..." 

Tiffany only frowned at her.

"You don't have to hang with me you know. Jessica is over there." Taeyeon nodded towards Jessica when she found where she went. Jessica is now sitting with the group of friends she mentioned before. She could see the tall girl that gave them the notebook sitting beside Jessica, a shorter girl with short hair sitting across next to a blonde girl, and a cute girl with light brown hair sitting at the side.

"Why are you suddenly pushing me away? You just said you trusted me last night!" Tiffany whined.

"I do trust you...it's just that because of me you can't even talk to your best friend normally anymore..."

"What do you mean normally...if it's about last night, I am sure she will understand if I talk to her."

"You always say that you will talk to her, but I don't see the situation getting any better. But what if..." 

"No what if's TaeTae, if there is what if's there would be too many outcomes to deal with. All the outcome I know is that I want to be your friend. Don't worry about Jessica, alright?" 

"...what if she stops being friends with you because of me...what if..."

"She is my best friend TaeTae, she won't ditch me just because I'm friends with someone she doesn't like..." Tiffany scooted closer. "Fine, I will make a promise to you. I will never ever leave you regardless of Jessica's decisions." Before Taeyeon could protest, she continued. "AND I will also try my best to keep me and Jessica in good spirits. If she try to leave me...mmmm...I will...uh...sell my soul to the devil if I have to in order to get her back!" Tiffany held up her right hand and swore. 

Taeyeon chuckled, "what the heck Pany. Don't sell it to the devil! Sell it to me!!" She tries to reach for Tiffany's hand to make her cancel her oath, but her chair tipped instead.

"Ahhhhh!!" Taeyeon  yelped as she fell off her chair. 

Laughs were heard among the students who sat close by and only Jessica, who was just staring blankly at their table. 

"Look like Tiffany found a new best friend." The shorter girl said and frowned a little. "Poor Jessica." 

"More like replaced." The blonde said forwardly. 

"Shush both of you." Yuri hushed her two friends when she saw Jessica had her head down. "What is it Jessica? What's on your mind, tell us."

"It's not her fault..." She muttered and then returned her gaze to her friends, "It's nothing, just an...argument, that's all! Let's finish and go outside."

 

Back at Taeyeon's Table.

"Owww..." Taeyeon rubbed her hip as she got back in her seat. And looked sad but accusingly at Tiffany. 

"You want my soul that bad? Are you the Devil?"

"Yea, only the devil get a broken on her birthday." Taeyeon scoffed.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon for half a second before...

"Oh my god, happy birthday! I totally forgot after last night, I am sooooo sorry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Tiffany clapped her hands. "We definitely have to celebrate this weekend!"

"Why are you excited over everything?" Taeyeon gave her a slight smile.

------

Almost One Year Later.

It is almost the final exams of the last semester of the school year. Thanks to Taeyeon, Tiffany was able to pass Math effortlessly last semester and thanks to Tiffany, Taeyeon had a friend she could trust and talk to. They hanged together during lunch and on weekends, and just like Tiffany promised, she made up with Jessica and hanged with her afterschool during weekdays. However, it still left Jessica with a sour taste as Taeyeon practically became best friends with Tiff within the first few weeks of school.

"It's almost finals already, I am so not ready TaeTae!" Tiffany whined to the shorter girl in front of her as she held onto the girl's backpack.

"Fany!! STOP dragging me! I can't even walk properly!" Taeyeon trying to shake off the girl behind her, who was holding on to her bag as if they were a train.

"Then eat more and grow some muscles!" Tiffany chuckled.

"Are we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter