Chapter 18 - There is One More

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon slammed the door shut and waited for a few seconds for her mom to finish yelling whatever she wanted to. After things quiet down, they could still hear her mom apologizing to Jessica and eventually they heard the door click indicating that Jessica had left.

Taeyeon sighed in relief and Tiffany is not sure what to say, so she waited for Taeyeon to break the silence.

If Jessica's family friends with her family, did that mean Mr. Lee had something to do with GG corp as well? She lied on her bed massaging her temples. 

"Here, have some gummy worms. Sweet things always cheer me up!." Tiffany smiled and wiggled a piece of gummy worm above her face.

"Ahhhhh...." she opened .

"...oh my god, TaeTae, sit up or you are going to choke." Tiffany stared at Taeyeon who was just staring at the ceiling of her bunk bed.

"Did you know Jessica's family friends were my parents?" Taeyeon lifted her head to snatch the worm from her hands like a fish and lied back down.

"Uh...no." Tiffany answered truthfully. "But we barely talk about our families because all they ever talk about is work."

 "How come she knew about Yoona, were they good friends?" She starts to chew on the gummy worm.

"Yoona...?" Tiffany tries her best to remember. "Ah! Ani. Her father used to visit Yoona...your house often to discuss work related things and sometimes Jessica would come with. So..."

Hrrrghhh...cough...cough...hufff! Tayeon choked on her gummy worm as she sat up on her bed. 

"Yahhh!! I knew you were going to choke." Tiffany grabbed a water bottle from her bag and handed it to her while rubbing her back.

Taeyeon chewed carefully and then drank the whole bottle.

"Jessica never told you anything about my parents?" She said as she cleared .

"Nope. Going with her dad on business trips and meet his business people were her least favorite things to do."

Taeyeon was hoping to get something out of Tiffany about Jessica or at least some hints about her parent. However, much to her disappoint there was none.  My uncle is so good at hiding things, no wonder he is working in securities of whatever/wherever he is working at.

"When did she move to Seoul?"

"A few weeks before her 11th birthday. March?"

"Ha!? Same year as when I was adopted and came here." Taeyeon is surprised, but don't know for what reason. She had a mild flashback, but decided to ignore it. She remembered seeing a girl about her age standing at the edge of the doorway when she was hiding under the bed during her mother's assassination.

"You two does have something in common."

"What? We both have gorgeous dark brown eyes?" Taeyeon opened her eyes wide and put her face in front of Tiffany's.

"WHAT THE...! Stop being creepy!" Tiffany startled by her action, but gently slapped Taeyeon's face away. 

Taeyeon grinned and then bursted into laughter covering half of her face with her blanket. She did it trying to steer her mind away from her flashback.

Then Tiffany looked at Taeyeon realizing something, "did you just compliment that Jessica has pretty eyes!?"

"No I didn't. How can that cold and evil dagger looking eyes look prettier than mine?" Taeyeon said as if she didn't say anything of the sort. But she did notice Jessica's dark pupils, it pulled her in everytime despite her cold gaze.

"Yes you did! And I think your eyes look more like a dagger! I can't believe you glared at your mom like that. It was so scary!" 

"Really? Maybe I should use it more often to scare off people." She winked at her, showing off her eyes. "I wonder how Jessica reacted to my glare. Hmmm..."

"Weren't you arguing with her just a few minutes ago!? Why are you suddenly so interested in her?" 

"I'm not. I am just wondering the next time she glare at me, what will happen if I glare back at her like that, would I win?" 

"I think you would just get more water on your face." Tiffany said grumpily. 

"I thought you guys were best friends. Why are you so agitated that I am curious about her?" 

"We are and I'm not...It's that Jessica never retaliated like that ever to anyone, even to some people she disliked. You are the first she was so aggressive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter