Chapter 17 - Coincidence

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We are going to be late if you guys keep talking..." Taeyeon reminded the chatty friends laughing away in front of her.

After telling Tiffany about her newly assigned task by her father, Jessica went off topic and started to chat about what she did during lunch. It's as if they could not wait until next time to catch up. Will one of them die if they didn't talk for a day? Taeyeon did not understand the rush to talk to anyone.

"Ok. Bye! I will talk to you soon!" Tiffany waved Jessica good bye.

"You guys really have a lot to talk about." Taeyeon said grumpily. 

"Are you jealous?" Tiffany smirked.

"Oh nah." Taeyeon walked ahead happily and went back inside their classroom.

------

During the afternoon classes they were assigned two projects and two tests, which are going to take place next week. So they decided to study together tonight and hopefully, nothing interesting happens like last Friday. 

"LET'S GO STUDY!" Tiffany cheered as the class is finally over.

"It's just studying, why are you so excited. You are crazy."

"Because I get to study with you! Oh right, let's head to the front and find Yuri." Tiffany remembered Jessica's orders.

As soon as Taeyeon zipped up her bag Tiffany grabbed her hand and started walking.

"Fany! I haven't put my bag on properly yet...yaaaa!!!" Taeyeon stumbled after her friend.

The two waited at the edge of the playing field, the place where Yuri would be looking for them.  

Sure enough, not a few minutes later a girl who looks tall for her age walked towards them. She had slightly tanned skin, super long hair and looked very athletic. Tiffany and Taeyeon looked like nerds in front of her.

"Ah ha! Jessica was right, you are easy to spot." Yuri remarked and inspected Tiffany up and down. "And pretty too! Just a...little bit too much pink." She looked at her pink hair bands, pink backpack, pink notebook and pink socks.

"Hi, my name is Tiffany," Tiffany happily introduced herself. "This is too much pink? Aniya! Only if I could dye my uniform l would dye it pink as well."

Yuri rolled her eyes at the suggestion, "Why not just by a pink panther costume instead?"

The two laughed at the idea.

Did Jessica ask for notes or set up a blind date? Taeyeon thought to herself quietly, then introduced herself when she saw Tiffany looking at her side.

"Hi Taeyeon." It sounded more like a greeting than an introduction.

"Huh? My name is Yuri...not Tae..." Yuri realized what she meant and grimaced.

"She meant her name is Taeyeon. She doesn't really like to talk a lot." Tiffany tried to cover for Taeyeon, so she doesn't get misunderstood. 

"You must be that odd girl Jessica talked about. Interesting." Yuri commented outloud then looked back at Tiffany and handed her Jessica's notebook.

"Anyways I got to get back before my friends miss me. It was nice to meet you Tiffany! And you, I guess." Yuri glanced quickly at Taeyeon and walked away.

"Aish, I really need to speak to Jess. What is wrong with her, feeding her friends false information." Tiffany frowned and then hanged her arm around Taeyeon's shoulder. "It's okay Tae, I will talk to her."

"I don't really care." Taeyeon stated. "It's not like I want to be her friend anyways."

"Awww, TaeTae it's okay. Once I you get to know Jess. She is a really sweet person. You will see!" Tiffany winked.

"I can just hang with you. I don't need other friends." 

"Why not? More friends means more fun. When we have our breaks, we can go out, eat lots of food and play games together."

"I guess." Taeyeon decided to just ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter