ESTRANGED

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like watching a tennis match between Joohyun and Anda, who kept on exchanging words during the presentation prepared by Joy.

In the end, Jinhwan sided with Joohyun and the debate ended.

Joohyun was still fired up and her hands are shaking when Anda stood next to her with a smile, as if nothing happened. “No hard feelings?”

She managed to force a smile. “Of course.”

 

Anda walked away and met Mino by the doorway. “I like her.”

Mino frowned and took a peek inside the meeting room. Joy and Joohyun were the only ones left. He saw his girlfriend muttering under her breath while stuffing her laptop in its bag.

“Hi Chef Song!” Joy greeted him. That made Joohyun stop and look up to see him. Her anger quickly melted as he helped her zip her laptop bag.

“I’ve already asked Junhoe to drive you back to your office, Joy. I hope you don’t mind.” Mino beamed at her.

“No worries, Chef. I love talking to Junhoe. See you later, unnie!” She waved and left the couple inside.

 

As soon as the door closed, Mino grabbed Joohyun’s waist next to him and started kissing her.

“God, I missed my bae so much.” He whispered while they kissed. Joohyun latch her arms around his neck and pouted her lips when they separated from their kiss. “I almost forgot how to kiss you, bub. I missed you too.”

“That’s why I’m here to make it up to you.” He grabbed her hand away from his neck and held it. They walked outside the conference room and boarded the elevator. Mino pressed his thumb in the scanner and the elevator moved up to his office floor.

“You really do things differently here at YGE.” Joohyun sounded impressed. This elevator is a major upgrade from that faulty piece of trash going up and down their tower.

“Most of the things here are for show. That’s why most people are just playing, not taking their jobs seriously. You can really count the number of people dedicated to their jobs.” He looked livid. She realized despite being two of the biggest companies in the country, YGE and SMI are far from the perfection outsiders portray about them.

They reached the 44th floor, where all business heads are taking refuge, along with their respective teams.

“Mr. Song, you have a meeting with Sir Suwon at 4pm later. I was about to mention it to your assistant, but he isn’t here.” A girl with thick curls and full lips suddenly popped out of nowhere as soon as they left the elevator.

“Thanks, Ahyeong. Please leave a note for Junhoe so he can write it for today's schedule.” Mino said with a kind smile towards the voluptuous girl. Joohyun couldn’t help but think how lucky she is that her boyfriend chose to have a male secretary.

“Something bothering you?” Mino noticed she’s still looking at Ahyeong’s direction.

“She’s so pretty.” Was all she can say.

“That’s Seunghyun hyung’s secretary. She’ll be helping me and Junhoe with the turnover so you’ll probably see or hear her name in the coming days.” He explained it clearly, as if trying to shrug off whatever is forming in her mind.

 

They then took a turn and a warm sight welcomed her. This must be Mino’s turf. It’s their lunch break, but most of them are on their desks, eating from the same looking lunch pack. One of them saw Mino and said, “Thanks for the free lunch, Master Song!”

Mino winked back at them, like a cool boss. This is how she clearly imagined how he is at work.They saw Joohyun, and they all smiled at her. It seems that they are aware of her relationship with Mino.

“What are we doing here?” Joohyun asked him, trying to bow her head from the people looking at them.

“We’re having lunch.” Mino said as he opened the door to his office.

 

His office is surrounded by glass, and the little parts of it with concrete walls are filled with artworks, some of them are similar to what he has at home.

“Make yourself comfortable, bae.” Mino kissed her forehead and took off his coat. He rolled his sleeves up to his elbows and entered a mini room inside his office. He then started taking out boxes of food from a picnic bag.

Joohyun sat at his chair behind the desk and smiled upon seeing four polaroid photos clipped around his computer monitor.

One was a photo of him with Jennie, Jiyong and Dara. Next to it is a photo of the twins, with Dami smiling and Jaehyun crying.

She then sighed upon seeing a photo of Mino and his friends with the guys from the bistro. He must have been missing the kitchen and those guys too.

Her eyes landed on the topmost photo. It was her favorite photo of them. They were laughing, and Mino was staring at her. Jennie took it while they were at the gazebo at the Dungeon.

She looked around and realized that his desk was the only place in his office that looks to be in order. When Mino told her about his added responsibilities, he made her feel that it won’t be too much work. What she’s seeing now says otherwise.

She saw piles of documents towering at a corner table next to a shelf with rows of binders and boxes she assumed are more paperworks. Next to it is a small scale model of the retail concept store he’s been working on. She was about to touch it when Mino emerged from the mini room.

 

“Don’t touch it, it explodes.” He said with a straight face. Joohyun looked surprised and that made Mino break into a laugh.

“I’m just kidding, bae.” He walked next to her. But she was upset, or trying to be one.

“All these responsibilities and you still joke like a kid.” She frowned at him.

“Don’t get mad, bae. I’m just happy you're here.” He hugged her waist and planted a kiss on her neck. That made her jerk forward. It has been a while since they last did it, and she admits that her body is missing him.

Mino decided to linger his face at the curve of her neck and brushed his lips against her skin.

“I missed this.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter