SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren’t you going to meet him, hyung?”

Mino asked his brother. They are on their way to meet with the YGxSM team for Blackpink.

“Not now. I still have a lot of other people to meet.”

 

Mino saw Junhoe waiting for him at the entrance of the conference hall.

“She’s inside now, Master Song.”

He asked his assistant to pick up Joohyun because he spent the night at the Dungeon.

 

Mino caught sight of her right away. She smiled at him and it pains him to think of what this meeting is for. His brother just told him about it last night.

Jiyong presided the meeting, acknowledging Taeyeon’s presence along with her team.

“We’ve been working on this project for quite some time now and despite coming from different companies, we managed to work hand in hand. However, some changes will be in effect after this meeting coming from our side. As you may notice, there are quite a lot of new faces sitting with us right now. First off, Song Mino will no longer be the Project Head for BP. He will be replaced by our Marketing Director, Ms. Won Minji.”

Mino looked at Joohyun and she was in shock. He wanted to pull her close to him and tell her everything will be fine. They were just talking about how BP is the only reason they get to meet and talk often, and now, his brother is pulling him out so he can focus on bigger things.

 

“Kim Jennie and Kim Hanbin will also step down as main software developers, and will be replaced by Nam Taehyun and Lee Chanhyuk.”

Mino saw Junmyeon clench his jaw. He is aware about his indifference towards Taehyun.

Wendy kept smiling as she gets to continue working with Taehyun. Mino saw Joohyun staring at him with sadness in her eyes. Then she started to frown at him, and he was confused. That’s when he realized that Minji is whispering something to him.

 

“Is your assistant crying?”

He turned to see Junhoe crouching his head low.

“Are you, ok?” He asked him.

“Yes, Master Song.” He nodded his head.

Mino tried to hide his smile as he looked back to Joohyun. She did not look his way again.

 

********
 

“He’s pretty funny, Mino. I probably should get a cutie like him.” Minji told him as they sat together for lunch.

Joohyun had to go back to their office after the meeting, and he missed the chance to talk to her because of Junhoe’s breakdown.

“You really should get an assistant now, Anda. Junhoe helped me a lot with BP.” She flinched at the sound of her name.

“Stop calling me that.”

“Why? I’m more used to it than Minji.” He laughed at her.

“Fine. But you’re the only one allowed to call me that.” She scowled at him.

“Hey, Anda!”

Mino laughed upon seeing Seunghoon joining them for lunch. He called him secretly because he knows Anda used to have a crush on him back in college.

Sure enough, she started blushing when he leaned to greet her.

“I didn’t know you were joining us, Honey. I mean, Hoony.” She eyed Mino while Seunghoon was busy taking his seat.

“Do you want me to leave?” Seunghoon, the natural flirt, has started it.

“Of course not.” She flipped her hair to the other side.

“Besides, Mino shouldn’t be seen dining with a woman on his own or people will think he’s cheating with his girlfriend.” Seunghoon casually said, as he called the waiter for the menu.

“Wait, you have a girlfriend? How come you never told me this?” She looked at Mino who almost choked on his drink.

“Hyung, you really should just shut your mouth.” He sighed back to Anda who’s waiting for an answer.

“Well, we really haven’t sat down to talk about personal stuff since you joined YGE. But you’ve actually met her, I just didn’t tell you that she’s my girlfriend because we’re in a meeting.”

“Hmmm.” She leaned back and tried to reach the corners of her mind. A smile slipped on her lips as she placed her chin on her knuckles.

“The fair maiden from SM who can’t stop looking at you?”

Mino tried his best to keep the ticklish feeling of his giddiness and ended up scrunching his face.

“You look like a fish, Mino. Stop it.” Seunghoon laughed at his friend.

Anda leaned close to Seunghoon. “He’s that whipped?”

“You have no idea.”

“Don’t gang up on me.” Mino scowled at them.

“But this is fun.” Seunghoon placed an arm at the back of Anda’s seat and it made her eyes double in size.

“You two should date.” He back.

“Should we?” Anda looked at Seunghoon and he just winked at her.

“My job here is done. I’ll leave you two. I have a meeting at KOZ Corp at 3. See you around!”

 

********

 

Jiyong and Hayi were ushered in a private dining room inside a Japanese restaurant in Gangnam.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter