FRIENDS, LOVERS AND NOTHING

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino has always been alone since he was five, when his mom passed away.

Born without a father, they were both kicked out by her mom’s family. They stayed with her mom’s friend, who knew then that she was sick.

He was later on sent to an orphanage when she died, because her mom’s friend doesn’t have much too.

He lived there until he was 13, when the Kwons found him. He never thought he’d meet his father, who apologized for what he did to their lives, especially when he found out that his mother died.

He was a smart child. The orphanage was able to get him scholarships, so he was able to go to school. When the Kwons found out about it, they gave him the chance to study a business course, hoping that he can join the family business.

It was the happiest moment of his life since his mother left. He suddenly had a sister and a brother, who also looks like him. That made it easier for him to belong to their family. Mrs. Kwon was a generous woman, and she loves her son so much. Seeing her son happy with his newfound siblings made her love them too.

Still, it was hard for him to adjust to this. They were kept mostly at the Dungeon and away from the public, because everyone wanted to know more about the new Kwons.

Jiyong then decided to bring his friends over to hang out with him. They were older, but he doesn’t mind. He was happy because that’s when he met Dara.

She is the prettiest girl he has ever seen. He admired other girls before, a pretty girl in class, the captain of the cheerleading squad, that cf model he sees on TV, a drama actress and a few more idols, but she is different. She is within his reach.

She has the boys wrapped around her finger, following whatever she tells them what to do and what not to do.

They both love to eat. Whenever she gets bored hanging out with the guys, she would call him to join her outside. They started camping out with street food in tow and later on became obsessed with international cuisines.

She loves to eat pasta. The way her eyes sparkle as her fingers twirl the pasta on her fork always makes his heart happy.

He knows he loves her, but he also knows that she sees him as a younger brother. He really was younger, and is yet to become a man.

He dated other girls for the time being, but his heart is set to end up with her.

So he took a big step to study abroad after his early military enlistment and fulfill his passion to become a chef. He would then cook for Dara for the rest of their lives.

He would come back as a man with a purpose.

 

But that changed when he found out about his brother.

 

********

 

Jiyong grew up in a huge mansion on his own. His father was a businessman, who is always out of town. His mother is a socialite, whose mission in life is to help those in need.

She helped so many families that she forgot about her own. He was 16 when he found out that his father had other children. Of course he was heartbroken, but not for him. He felt bad for his mother.

Her mother was unable to bear a child after him, despite her wishes to have more children so that her Jiyong will not live alone in his life.

So instead of hating his father, she searched for the other Kwons, hoping for them to connect with Jiyong.

He was a bad kid who became a bad teen. He was set to be a bad guy throughout his life but his father got sick at an early age. Now he needs to step up. He is the heir, anyway.

Pressure built around as people from their company kept visiting not even his father, but him. They were monitoring his progress. They wanted to make sure that the right person will sit on the vacant throne.

He was so focused on meeting their expectations and he was close to suffocation, when he met his brother and sister.

Jennie was a ball of sunshine who warms his heart everytime she smiles.

“You have the same smile, son.” Her mother would always tell him. She decided to live with them, and the Dungeon was filled with laughter and music and cheers all around.

But she’s too young.

Then came Mino. A shy kid who shares the same face as him. It was as if he was looking at his younger self, but Mino was a good boy.

A scholar with a bright future ahead of him. But he is also a broken one, having been raised in an orphanage after his mother’s death.

His mother, being the kind woman that she is, made sure that Mino will live with them.

Jiyong have friends who he consider

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter