Changes

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was silent in the car. Baekbeom drives while constantly looking at Baekhyun who was staring in space while having his fingertips on his lips. He cleared his throat to get his attention but it didn’t seem to work, Baekhyun looked mentally unconscious right now. “Yah.” He couldn’t help but to call while still keeping his eyes glued down the road. Baekhyun continues brushing his fingers across his lips as if he didn’t hear his brother at all.

He actually couldn’t hear anything.

“How was school.” Baekbeom tries opening up a conversation again, his tone sounding more impatient this time. “Byun Baekhyun.” He calls but he still failed to get the young boy’s attention. “Yah.” This time, he reaches one hand towards him and flicks him right on the temple. “Aw!” Baekhyun finally responded while rubbing the affected area on his head. “What’s wrong with you.” Baekbeom asks before putting his hand back the steering wheel. Baekhyun blinks rapidly while looking outside the window. “I-I was just thinking about the Foundation Week.” He comes up with an answer as quickly as he could. Baekbeom replies with a scoff, not convinced at all.

“What’s so good about the foundation week that it makes you that red.”

“Eh?” Baekhyun exclaims before putting both hands right on his cheeks. “N-no, I’m not.” He disagrees while trying his best to turn the other way, hiding his face. Baekbeom who is normally quiet thinks hard while observing his younger brother. He was sure he has never seen Baekhyun act this way before. It was something different, it was something familiar to an experienced man like he is. Baekhyun looked like he was barely present right now and knowing his age, Baekbeom has actually been starting to worry about him. He doesn’t say anything but he knows eventually, Baekhyun might experience what he did when he was younger.

He was worried about that.

“Focus on your studies, stop doing other unimportant things.” He speaks up again making Baekhyun turn. “I-I’m not doing unimportant things, what do you mean? I-I’m not, I swear. I never go anywhere else aside from school. N-not even today.” Baekhyun defends himself right away while shaking his head. “I mean the student council. I know Eomma wants you to excel in everything but don’t forget that you’re still managing a company once you finish school, it’s not a joke.” Baekbeom replies. Baekhyun felt weirded out by him making him scoff a little. “Since when did you care?” He asks while folding his arms.

“I may not say anything but I know everything.”

Baekhyun darts his eyes back to his brother while gulping. “Y-you. . . you know everything?” He asks, already murdering Soyeon in his head. “I’m older than you, I was in your age when I acted carelessly and didn’t think about my future. Eomma is pushing you harder because she couldn’t do it to me back then, I did a lot of things behind her back. She was only able to control me when she married me off.” Baekbeom explains surprising Baekhyun because of how much he talked. “Are you drunk or something?” Baekhyun asks earning a brief glare from the older one.

“No, I just didn’t know all of these, where is this coming from, hyung?”

“Whatever you might be experiencing right now, been there, done that. I’m just warning you.”

Baekhyun looks away blinking hard. “E-experiencing what.” He mumbles while fiddling with his hands. “I’m still your brother, I watched you grow. I know you. Eomma has forced you to put off a strong personality like that but between the two of us, you’re much softer and more naïve. You haven't experienced a lot of things yet. Don’t do things that you might regret later on.” Baekbeom replies with a straight, emotionless tone. Baekhyun grew silent, his expression getting stiff. “D-did. . . did Noona tell you anything?” He asks, worry beginning to build up on his chest. “It doesn’t matter if she did or not and even if she really did, it’s between the two of us. We’re not married for nothing.” Baekbeom vaguely answers only scaring the younger boy even more.

“Y-yah. . . you’re not helping. I swear, just tell me if you know something.”

Baekbeom glances at him quickly before looking back to the road. “Why, is there something?” He asks meaningfully making Baekhyun look away. “N-no.” The boy answers while scratching the back of his neck. Baekbeom softens up a bit seeing his brother’s expression. “Out of all the people, you shouldn’t be worrying about me knowing anything. Like I said, I’ve been there.” He says, still in authoritative tone but somehow, sincerer. “B-been to where?” Baekhyun asks while blinking, obviously clueless about what exactly his brother is saying.

Baekbeom lets out a sigh before speaking,

“Just don’t do anything that could hurt anyone. . . or even yourself.”

 

 

“Here’s the popcorn.”

Kyungsoo walks over to the couch and flops right beside Jiwon. It’s their movie night, they always do it on Friday’s. It’s their TGIF thing as best friends. “It’s actually fun not having my mom here for a short time. It makes me feel like an independent adult.” He chuckles while looking over to the pile of DVD’s he has, deciding on what to watch. “She called me saying Dad’s doing fine in the States, I still feel bad I couldn’t go with her for vacation. She should have scheduled it during our break. I miss my dad.” He adds before looking over to his best friend, realizing she was giggling out of nowhere. “Yah.” He taps her finally getting her attention. “Ha?” She asks while giggling again. “What’s so funny about my story?” Kyungsoo asks while raising a brow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter