Twist and Turns

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyday was a torture for Baekhyun. Ever since Mrs. Byun forbid Jiwon to see him, there’s not a day that he didn’t ask if she was coming. He did not know what Mrs. Byun did, no one had the confidence to tell him. They were all too scared of the consequence they might get if they go against Mrs. Byun again. Not even his friends were able to help him anymore as Mrs. Byun herself requested not to meddle with them saying that it’s for Baekhyun’s sake.

Another week has passed and Baekhyun completely recovered his normal speech back with the help of the therapy. He recently got discharged from the hospital three days ago but will continue to pay visits for therapy sessions both for his head injury and for his arm. For the whole three days, he only stayed at home while a special tutor visited him to guide him back into academics. Because of the head trauma, he’s still having a hard time processing thoughts and storing new information in his head that's why his mother hired a special tutor to help him regain his knowledge.

And so far, it hasn’t been so good still.

“I’m tired, I don’t want to do this.” He slammed the notebook on the desk and stood up. “Just one more equation, Baekhyun ssi. It’s not that hard. Come on. One more.” His tutor, Mr. Ha Jungwoo encouraged. Baekhyun looked up while exhaling. “My head is hurting. Do you want me to ing tell you to my doctor?” He grunted before storming out of the library room. He went downstairs and saw the twenty-month old Sunwoo crawling towards the kitchen. “Yah—noona! Sunwoo got out of the playpen again.” He shouted while looking upstairs. But then, Soyeon came out from the laundry room instead. “I’m here, silly. My hands are wet, I’m helping Miss Miyoung hand wash some clothes. Pick him up for me and put him back into the playpen.” She said while walking back into the laundry area which is right beside the kitchen.

Baekhyun glared down at the baby.

“Yah, crawl back there. Tsk tsk tsk, c’mon boy.” He walked towards the playpen and started calling the baby like a dog. Surprisingly, the baby crawled excitedly towards his direction. “Tch, look how happy you are.” He grunted before gesturing the baby to get back into the playpen. Once the baby was in, he walked into the kitchen again. “Oh wait, is your lesson done? Why are you here?” Soyeon peeked from the laundry room door again. “Can’t I take a break? My head is hurting. Geez.” He grunted before grabbing a bottle of water. “Yah, you’ll be going back to school tomorrow, at least try to cooperate. Mr. Ha told me out of all the eleven test papers he has provided you since day one, you only answered five and in those five test papers, you only answered twelve questions and in those twelve questions you only got five right answers.” Soyeon muttered while raising an eyebrow.

“Oh my god—what can I do?!”

She flinched when Baekhyun burst in anger. He sighed heavily while messing his hair up. “Do you think I’m making this up?!” He grunted making Soyeon look down. “Cause you’re right. I’m making this up.” He suddenly added before walking away. Soyeon’s eyes bulged out in surprise when he said the last sentence. “Give me a sec.” She mumbled to the maids before getting out of the laundry room. She wiped her wet hands on her sides while following Baekhyun upstairs. “Yah yah yah, what do you mean you’re making this up—and why do you keep cursing these days. There’s a baby in this house for God’s sake. Yah, Byun Baekhyun. . . you’re like a completely different person.” She scolded while making him turn around to face her. Baekhyun smirked while rubbing his chin before looking down to her seriously.

“Why do you think I’ll be the same person after you all let my so-called mother up my relationship?”

Soyeon just stood there stiffly because of what he just said. He walked into his bedroom and closed the door harshly causing a loud thud. Sunwoo started crying downstairs and Soyeon went down right away to get him. On the other hand, Baekhyun leaned his back on the door as soon as it closed. He massaged his head feeling the familiar pain again. Everything they’ve been doing to him, forcing him to do since he came home were painfully familiar that it keeps giving him headaches. What hurts most is that no one seems to have his back anymore, not even his friends. He walked to his desk and sat down. As much as he doesn’t want to, he grabbed one text book to read. He spotted a short test right in the book and read each question. He grabbed a pen to try answering it. “Ugh—come out.” He groaned when the pen wouldn’t work. He slammed it back down to the desk and looked for other pens.

They seemed to have all dried out.

“.” He muffled before opening the desk drawer. He dug into the pile of papers and other school materials in it trying to find a new pen. “W-where do I put the new pens.” He hushed while looking around. He knew he always kept new set of pens in case of emergencies like this but he can’t figure out where he leaves it. “Where would. . . I put it.” He stood up and put both hands on his waist. He scanned every corner of the room but nothing rang a bell. He looked back down to his desk. He tried the bottom cabinet of the desk and opened it. “Hell yeah it’s he—” he found the pack of pen but paused when he saw a pink box.

It made his eyes squint in wonder.

He took it out and stared at it for a few seconds. “It must be from her, right?” He mumbled, a delighted smile started growing in his lips. He opened it and saw a piece of paper. The box was awfully familiar and he knew it was from her, he just can’t remember how he got it. He grabbed the paper and started reading the letter.

He started reading it as if it’s a new letter from her.

“Lunch time.” He mumbled and started laughing to himself. Without him knowing, he read the letter a couple of times. He finally had the heart to stop when a knock came at his door. He put the paper back into the box and hid the box in the bottom cabinet again. “Come in.” he spoke before facing his book again. “Baekhyun ssi, would you like me to go home now?” It was his tutor, Mr. Ha. Baekhyun exhaled while blankly staring at his book.

Somehow, his outburst at Soyeon made him feel guilty.

He has never talked like that to her before.

“Yes.” He answered before turning around. “But I would like those test papers I skipped answering, I’ll try answering them tonight.” He added earning a surprised smile from the tutor. “Oh, that’s brilliant. I’ll leave all of them in the library. You know. . . just take it slow, relax your head. You’re a very smart kid, you just need to take your time on regaining what you already know. Alright? See you tomorrow after your school. Good luck by the way.” Mr. Ha politely said even giving him a ‘Fighting!’ gesture before closing the door. Baekhyun looked down to the desk again and ran his fingers through his hair. “How are you. . .” he mumbled as if Jiwon’s looking right at him. “Do you have any idea. . . how much I miss you.” He added before burying his face right on the bed.

Unknowingly, tears started forming in his eyes wetting the pages of his book.

Just then, another knock came. He sat up straight again and quickly wiped his tears. “Come in.” he answered while clearing his throat. It was Soyeon. She silently walked over to Baekhyun’s bed and sat there while looking at him. It was quiet for a good thirty seconds before she poked him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter