Let Go

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Don’t you like it better here? No more big glass windows, right?”

Baekhyun nodded as he looked around his new regular in-patient room. In just two days, the doctors have decided to move him from the ICU as his condition didn’t need an intensive care anymore, all he needs to go through is the therapy and the whole recovery process. Mrs. Byun shoved Soyeon lightly away from the bed so she could come closer to Baekhyun. “Do you really not know me?” She asked, her tone had a mix of frustration and confusion. Baekhyun looked at her for a while. “Eomma.” He briefly replied easily since Baekbeom and Soyeon had told him already. “Yes, you know me as your mother now but you don’t remember anything about me?” Mrs. Byun asked in disbelief.

Mr. Byun went to her side and put an arm over her. “Don’t pressure the kid, he’ll get better in time.” He mumbled before dragging his wife back to the couch. Baekhyun just stared at her indifferently as if he’s still not convinced that she really is his mother. “Do you want to sit up?” Soyeon went back to his side and pressed on the button on the side of the bed to incline it. Baekhyun nodded while watching her do it. “Better?” She asked with a grin. “Thanks. . .” He mumbled with a hoarse voice. “No worries~ you can watch the TV easily in that angle too.” Soyeon sat on the chair before taking her phone out to text Baekbeom who’s at work.

“N-noona. . .”

She looked up at Baekhyun again who had his head looking straight ahead but his eyes glued down to her. “W-where is uh. . . J-jiwon.” He muffled out the same question he’s been asking since he woke up two days ago. Mrs. Byun’s face fumed again hearing it. “Byun Baekhyun, I already said she’s not coming. Okay? You may not remember but she was the main reason why this happened to you.” She hissed with a firm tone. Mr. Byun just looked away knowing he won’t be able to stop her. Just this morning, they also found out that Baekhyun has no memory of what exactly happened to him so they vaguely told him about the kidnapping and that he was beaten up to which eventually Mrs. Byun adding that it was Jiwon’s fault. Baekhyun just looked straight at her as if there’s no sigh of respect in his eyes. “Why.” He asked and gulped hard. “Yeobo, let’s just let it be for now, he’s still recovering.” Mr. Byun tried to help again only to earn a stern look from his wife. “He needs to know the truth about the girl.” She replied while folding her arms.

The more that Baekhyun approached her in such way, the more that she sees how Baekhyun doesn’t really remember her, it makes her more and more fumed just by thinking about Kim Jiwon.

She’s hurt that her own son doesn’t know him all because of what happened.

And for her, what had happened was something that she’s been carefully trying to prevent but failed all because of Kim Jiwon.

“All I’m saying is that, you wouldn’t have been in this situation at all if you listened to me and didn’t go to that girl. Listen to your mother now before anything bad happens again.” Mr. Byun added. “I-I don’t. . . I don’t—want to. . . listen to you.” Baekhyun mumbled making Soyeon immediately look up from her phone, surprised at what he just said. Pursing her lips together in a tight line, Mrs. Byun walked out of the room and Mr. Byun immediately followed her. “W-woah. . . I’m sorry—oh my god, why am I smiling.” Soyeon covered to hide her laughter. Baekhyun gulped while staring down at his wrist. “When do I—when do I g-go out?” He asked with his hopeful eyes. “I’m sure it’ll be soon, as long as you cooperate with the therapy and take all your meds, don’t be stubborn when the nurses are trying to help you, and you’ll surely leave soon.” Soyeon assured with a smile. “Yah~ are you excited to go back to school? You should take this chance to take a rest you know, you haven’t had any rest since you became senior and the school president. Just relax~” She added.

“P—president? I’m. . . I’m a president?” he asked back making Soyeon stiff once again. She looked away while covering . “Oh god this kid has a lot to remember.” She mumbled before looking at him with a forced smile again. She watched as Baekhyun stared in space still with a surprised expression. It’s like he doesn’t have any clue of who he really was as the present Baekhyun. “Aigoo, you must have hated being a president. . .” Soyeon sighed while fixing her blanket. “K-kim Jiwon.” He suddenly blurted out again, completely changing the topic.

Soyeon scratched her head while looking around the room.

As much as she wants Jiwon to come, Mrs. Byun wouldn’t leave the hospital.

Ever since she found out about Baekhyun not knowing her, she hasn’t left his side. She didn’t even go to work.

“Uh~ she uh—she’s in school.” Soyeon made up a lie. Baekhyun was about to glance at the small calendar on the side table and Soyeon quickly grabbed it down while grinning. “Yeah, she’s in school. I heard from uh. . . from her friend, you know her friend.” She awkwardly explained. It’s Saturday today and she has talked to Jiwon through the phone when Chanyeol came to visit but because of Mrs. Byun, they can’t decide when to let her come. “Oh wait~ why don’t we try your speech therapy, it looks pretty simple.” She tried to change the subject and took out her tablet from the side table’s drawer. She looked up numbers and word tables for children. “Here, try to pronounce each number. C’mon.” She encouraged while nodding. Baekhyun just stared at the tablet with an upset face.

“One.”

“Good job go on~”

“Two.” He muffled and his lips while looking at the number three next. “Thr—three. Three.” He said next and cleared his throat, hissing when the word came out slurred again, he couldn’t help it sometimes. But he could feel he’s getting better slowly. “Aigoo~ you’re doing well. You’ll receive a star later.” Soyeon sniggered only to earn a glare from the patient. “I-I don’t. . . I’m better in that n-now. . . Don’t want to.” Baekhyun groaned before leaning more on the bed but since it was inclined, he just turned his head away from her. “Yah, even so, it’s better if you’ll be able to say them much faster sooner. C’mon~” Soyeon nudged him gently. “No.” Baekhyun whined more. “Ahh—okay okay.” Soyeon sighed and put the tablet down again. She watched as he put his left arm over his other that has a cast and gently the bracelet with his fingers.

Soyeon closed her eyes for a moment trying to think of how to help him.

She stood up making the boy hesitantly turn. “I’m just going to take a short walk.” She said before leaving the room. Mr. and Mrs. Byun were standing by the door while talking. “Eomma, I’ll be back.” She informed them before walking away. She got into the elevator and leaned on its wall after pressing the button. “Ugh, Baekhyun-ah. . .” She groaned while massaging her neck. The elevator door slid open and she stepped out. She was about to go to a counter when she saw Jiwon standing right there.

She was wearing all black with a hoodie over her head.

“Oh? Jiwon-ah!” Soyeon beamed making the girl turned. “Unni!” Jiwon called back and the two started squealing right at one corner making some nurses and patients look at them. “What are you doing here? Didn’t we tell about eomma being here all the time?” Soyeon asked and pulled away from the hug first. “I know but. . . actually I’ve been sneaking in since Thursday but I would always see Mrs. Byun s I would back out. Today, I tried again but why isn’t Baekhyun in his room anymore? Was he transferred?” Jiwon asked since she went to the ICU today and found no one.

“Yes, he just got transferred to a regular room. And he’s been getting therapies.” Soyeon answered before dragging her to sit down. “I heard from Chanyeol that he forgot about his mother?” Jiwon asked with a frown. “Yes and a few more things including the kidnapping. He also forgot that he was a school president.” Soyeon replied while chuckling. “Wow. . . that’s too bad.” Jiwon pouted while blinking. “But for the past two days. . . he’s been asking for you, like endlessly.” Soyeon added making Jiwon smile while looking down.

“I want to see him too but I just don’t want any chaos in front of him if his mother sees me. I don’t want to cause any stress on him.”

Soyeon rolled her eyes and leaned on the chair more. “He’s more stressed without you. Although he’s cooperating well with the therapies, other than that, he’s nothing but a cranky baby right now.” She hissed making Jiwon laugh. Their eyes moved towards a patient taking a walk to the corridor while pushing his own IV drip pole. “Wait. . .  maybe I could bring him to take a walk?” Soyeon immediately got an idea from it while grinning down to Jiwon. “Is he allowed to?” Jiwon asked while raising an eyebrow. “Well duh~ the doctor even encourages him to take walks, he’s been on bed for a long time. He needs to loosen up a bit and make stretch around. His catheter just got removed at midnight and oh my god, it was so hard guiding him in the bathroom this morning. Besides the fact that he’s cranky, his legs are still weak after being rested for more than a week. So he definitely needs exercise.” Soyeon laughed while shaking her head.

“Well. . . should we?~”

 

 

“N-no. . . don’t want.”

Soyeon nudged on Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter