HOPE

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are we seriously going to talk about this?”

Baekhyun avoided his brother’s eyes while taking a sip on his beer. It’s one of the rare occasions that they get together in Baekbeom’s indoor patio, just the two of them, to drink and chat – both coming from a tiring day of work. “Yah, ever since you became a couple, you never really told me anything about your relationship. Is it that. . . fake?” Baekbeom laughed. Baekhyun scoffed while frowning at the older one. “What do you mean fake? I-it’s not fake.” He defended with a hiss. “Well then if it’s not fake, why haven’t you done anything? Like you know what I mean.” Baekbeom didn’t get faltered by his brother’s glares and just continued. A deep sigh escaped Baekhyun’s lips while he adjusted himself on the armchair. “Soojin doesn’t want to until we get married, as simple a that, and I respect that. Totally respect that~” He explained while putting his hands up in defense.

“So, you mean to say you’re still a ?”

His lips parted when Baekbeom straight asked him about that. “What? You have anything to say? You’ve only had two girls in your life in total. Not unless you have done something with Jiwon in the past?” The older one cornered him into the topic even more. Baekhyun never really told anyone that he had some experiences back in the military that he still regrets up to this date, it was all because of peer pressure. He was young and basically vulnerable at that time, still. The influence of the much older men in the military was overwhelming for him that he did not know how to say yes and eventually, one of those experiences is. . . girls. Girls found in bars and clubs to be exact, that’s also where he learned how to drink whenever they would have breaks and other gatherings.

He never told a soul about the things he has done in the military. He even tried to forget everything as it was too difficult for him. He served the military younger than he had expected but it was his choice. Because of everything that has happened, he graduated from high school later than his batch mates and instead of taking the entrance exams, he chose to go to the military first once he turned twenty – basically to escape from everything and divert himself from all the hardships he had faced. Also, to have a reason to run away from his family for a while.

A mature way of rebelling, per se.

After the military, he went to the university and started handling their company at the same time. As a matter of fact, he just recently graduated, even Soojin finished before he did.

So, to answer Baekbeom’s question, no he’s not a anymore. Although he lost it through such dumb mistake, he just remembers it as a part of his growing up process.

Baekhyun felt the goosebumps behind his neck at the mention of Jiwon’s name again. He suddenly remembered what just happened between them this afternoon. He never thought he could still feel the same sensation around his chest being that close against her. As if there’s some electricity building up between them whenever they touch – well, of course, aside from the static that they actually felt once during the interview.

It was the same feeling, same exact feeling as to what he used to have when he was younger.

It was there to stay unattended until she came back.

“Okay, seriously. You went quiet so you actually did something when you were younger? You were together for only like. . . a month or two, right?” Baekbeom laughed and slapped him on the arm. “What—no!” Baekhyun finally replied, getting woken up from the trance. “And can we not talk about her.” He added before taking another big gulp of beer, he exhaled, enjoying the sensation of the strong and refreshing liquid lining through his throat. “Yah, it’s all in the past, right? You can’t possibly be bitter about it until now?” Baekbeom asked, a combination of playfulness and concern in his tone. “I’m not being bitter, who likes talking about awful past anyway?” Baekhyun whined and leaned on the armchair moe, stretching his worn-out legs.

He has not told Baekbeom about Jiwon coming back, he’s too scared to tell anyone else who knows about their past. He was scared that if he does, his feelings will eventually grow back even more.

“I don’t know, I guess it’s just hard to forget the amount of love you have given this girl. It’s still clear in my mind for some reasons.” Baekbeom muttered while folding his arms. The two brothers suddenly fell into deep silence, only the sound of the breeze hitting the patio windows could be heard. Baekhyun solemnly stared outside. “It. . . it was around this time too.” He finally spoke making Baekbeom turn outside as well. “This is why I’m not very happy when it starts getting cold as we approach the winter time. “ Baekhyun added with a light chuckle. “Just curious. . . do you still think about her? I mean, it took me a few years before I was able to remember Sora in a good way. For the first few years, it was very difficult.” Baekbeom asked.

“Hyung, my case is different with yours. You chose to let go of her, the end results was awful but it was still your choice. . . while I was the one who got abandoned and it’s more painful when you know this person is still alive, probably well and happy with the man she chose.”

Baekbeom took a deep breath not knowing what to say anymore.

“While I. . . I don’t even know how I am doing now. Happy? So-so? Okay? Average? Below average? I don’t know, all I know is that I’m doing pretty good with looking okay so maybe I am okay.” Baekhyun added while chuckling. He looked down to his can of beer. “Soojin. . . is perfect for me.” He hushed as if he was convincing himself.

“Oh, you’re here too Baekhyun-ah.”

The two brothers both turned and saw their mother walking into the patio room while Soyeon and Sunwoo followed behind. “Eomma, what brings you here?” Baekbeom stood up and gave his mother a light bow. Baekhyun did the same but he didn’t stand up anymore. Mrs. Byun sat on the other side of the patio couches and little Sunwoo followed her. Soyeon on the other hand went to Baekbeom’s side. “So.” Mrs. Byun spoke while clearing . It made all of them quiet while cautiously staring back at her. “Your father and I talked.” She muttered with the same monotone voice. Baekhyun and Baekbeom shared a brief eye-contact before turning to their mother again, both of them praying for the same thing.

“He’s coming home.”

As if big sacks of rice were removed from their chests, Baekhyun, Baekbeom and Soyeon both sighed in relief. “That’s good to know. It’s about time, he’s been gone for two weeks already.” Baekbeom spoke with his growing smile. Mrs. Byun put a hand up gesturing them to stop from speaking and moving again. “Byun Baekhyun.” She called making Baekhyun stiffer than ever. “Tomorrow will officially be my last day in the office. From then on, you’ll be managing it yourself.” She announced. Baekbeom and Baekhyun both reacted the same way, their jaw dropped in surprise. “Y-you mean you’re retiring?” Baekhyun had to ask, fearing that he might have misunderstood.

His mother not being in the office and meddling with how he does things? That’s like party in his ears.

“Yes, I am retiring.” Mrs. Byun finally confirmed, an unreadable expression on her face. Like she still doesn’t believe it herself. “I have thought a lot about it and your father and I talked more. I should not be worried anymore because you are managing the company really well. You’re doing well, it’s never been greater, I have to say. It would be nice if Soojin could help you in the future, his father is trying to convince her, but she really loves what she’s doing and her business is doing well so I’m trying to convince her father to just let her do it.” She added.

Baekhyun froze on his spot, his small eyes turning rounder.

He can’t believe she just complimented him.

He doubted it for a second.

“I-I am?” He asked earning a nod from his mother. “Although there is still room for improvement. You’re still very clumsy with your job and a part of me is still in doubt.” Mrs. Byun replied making him completely smile while nodding eagerly. “Thank you, eomma.” Baekhyun bowed his head while covering his mouth. Baekbeom and Soyeon stifled a laugh at how he just thanked his mother for calling him clumsy. “Oh my god, what did Appa tell you. You’re so different.” Baekhyun muffled while covering his mouth. Mrs, Byun cleared as she looked away as if she’s embarrassed for a moment. “I am not different and whatever we talked about is between us already, Baekhyun.” She scolded only to earn teasing smiles from his sons.

“I don’t understand what’s so funny about this, you two.”

“They say you only realize you care for something or someone so much when they’re gone. Did you have that moment, Eomma?” Soyeon grinned. “Soyeon.” Mrs. Byun sternly called out making the woman hide her head behind Baekbeom right away. Baekhyun sighed while watching his family casually spend time together like this. He started wondering what if Jiwon didn’t let go? What if she’s still with him now that his mother is more lenient about life? Things could have been so much different b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter