Defensive

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun stares down to his nephew on his lap while poking his chubby cheek. “You’re such a cute little bastard, aren’t you?” He asks making Sunwoo giggle while looking back at him. “Oh yes? You like being a bastard, eh?” He asks while chuckling. He puts his arm around the baby for support before turning to his brother who’s walking at a certain area of their library looking for a book. “Hyung, are you sure you’re working tomorrow? What about Noona’s birthday?” He asks making the older man turn. “It’s not like it was my choice, Baekhyun-ah. It was scheduled way before this month came.” His brother, Baekbeom answers while grabbing a book from the shelf. “But it’s not like Noona’s birthday was only decided this month too. You could have declined the schedule for her? You know when her birthday is, she’s been celebrating it with you for the past five years.” Baekhyun asks while blinking.

This time, Baekbeom walks over to him while holding the book to his side.

“What’s with your sudden concern?” He asks before taking Sunwoo from Baekhyun into his arm. Baekhyun looks away while sighing. “I’ve always been concerned. Of all people, noona’s the closest to me in this house.” Baekhyun mumbles as if he didn’t want him to hear it properly. “What?” Baekbeom asks while raising an eyebrow. “Nothing.” Baekhyun stood up while making a blowfish. He walks out of the library, leaning on its door as soon as he closed it.

He doesn’t like it that his older brother barely hangs out with him like a brother, he doesn’t like it that he barely opens up about his feelings; neither does he smiles a lot nor laugh unless it’s about his son.

He doesn’t like it that he can see himself being exactly like that to his family in the future as well.

He walks across the living room to go to the kitchen when he saw his father having tea on the couch. “Hello, appa.” He greets while bowing. “Oh, Baekhyun-ah. Come seat and have tea with me.” His father calls out in a calm yet authoritative way. He keeps his head low while making his way towards the couch. “Thank you.” He awkwardly sits down beside his father while watching him pour some tea on another cup.

His father isn’t as cold as his mother and brother but he’s naturally quiet that’s why they don’t get along either.

“Thank you.” He bows while taking the cup of tea with two hands. He awkwardly traces his eyes on his father’s every move. He has always wondered if his father is happy with his mother, he had never really heard about their love story – or if there’s any. “Uh. . .” He scratches his neck while peeking at his face. “Appa.” He calls making the old man look. “Were you and Eomma in a fixed marriage as well?” He asks while holding the cup very tightly, afraid that he asked a wrong question. To his surprise, his father gave him a small smile before placing his cup down the tray for a while. “Why are you suddenly curious?” He asks.

Baekhyun scratches his neck hearing a similar question again.

He doesn’t even know why he’s acting like this today.

It’s Saturday, he should be using this time to study in the library the whole day.

He clears his throat while chuckling, trying to come up with a nice excuse. “Uh well, just—I guess I’m just curious. Just trying to make a conversation, it’s my first time having tea with you, Appa.” He politely explains. “Is that so.” Mr. Byun asks before grabbing his cup again. “Well, you could say we were but at the same time, I also pursued your mother because of love. We were just lucky. We were childhood friends.” He answers the young boy’s question easily. “R-really?” Baekhyun asks, quite surprised of even hearing ‘love’ in the story. He can’t really imagine his mother being that way. “We’ve known each other since we were very young, she was my first puppy love.” Mr. Byun begins telling his story with a light smile on his face.

Baekhyun tilts his head in pure surprise that his father is actually talking more than two sentences.

‘It must be the tea,’ he thought to himself while listening, although it didn’t make sense.

“Your mother has a very strong personality, it was hard to woo her, it was almost impossible but I didn’t give up. When I succeeded in wooing her, our parents decided to marry us off as soon as possible.” Mr. Byun continues before taking a small sip on his tea. “Just right off the bat like that? You didn’t even get to be girlfriend-boyfriend first?” Baekhyun asks in surprise. “Unfortunately, no.” His father briefly answers while chuckling. Just then, their conversation was cut off short when Mrs. Byun arrived. “Hello, dear. Do you want to have tea with me and our maknae?” Mr. Byun offers while looking at his wife who’s busy looking at her phone.

“Later, dear. I’ll be in my office. And Baekhyun-ah, why aren’t you studying? Go study, you can drink tea while studying.” She briefly says before walking straight to her office. When the two were left again, Baekhyun looks over to his father. “I should be going back to the library now, thank you Appa.” He puts the cup down while bowing. He was about to walk away when his father tapped his hand. “Is there someone special in our maknae’s mind?” He asks knowingly. Baekhyun’s eyes widen before shaking his head firmly. “Oh no no. No way, there’s no one, Appa. Don’t worry.” He defends right away while chuckling. He bows one last time before running back to the library.

He arrives back into the library making Baekbom turn. “Ssh.” He hushes before Baekhyun could close the door. Sunwoo was fast asleep in Baekbeom’s arms. Baekhyun carefully closes the door before walking into the study desk. “Are you studying.” Baekbeom softly asks while looking over to his direction. Baekhyun gave a plain nod before sitting down the chair. Without saying anymore word, his brother left the library. Baekhyun sighs as he grabs his textbook in English.

Just then, his conversation with Jiwon flashed back into his head – one thing he’s been avoiding to remember ever since it happened yesterday. “Tch, see you tomorrow. What an idiot, it’s Saturday.” He hushes to himself while flipping through pages. He realized the smile on his face and quickly put his straight face back. “Yah.” He scolds himself before slapping his left cheek. “Focus.” He whispers before darting his eyes back down to his book.

“Did the boy thank you?”

“I don’t think so?”

He looks straight again. “Idiot, I did.” He mutters to himself while shaking his again. Yet another smile was threatening to form on his lips. “HA!” He grunts while stretching his mouth widely as if it would help on stopping the smile from coming. He cracks his neck from left to right before glaring down his book again. Just then, the door opened again. It was Soyeon this time. “Of course you’re going to come just when I’m about to start with a school-related activity. That’s your thing.” He mocks while watching her walk in. “Where were you?” he asks. Soyeon flops down the couch a few meters away from the desk. “I had a full-body massage, just a little gift for myself since no one would give me one.” He replies obviously pertaining to Baekbeom. “Why don’t you go to him? He’s probably upstairs in the baby room, he just put Sunwoo to sleep.” Baekhyun suggests making the woman turn to him. “I don’t even want to see him right now. He gets on my nerves.” Soyeon hisses while rubbing her face harshly with her hands. “Wow, a married couple you ar—” Baekhyun couldn’t finish his sentence when Soyeon suddenly started crying.

He sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

He’s never good in comforting people.

“I don’t know anymore, I don’t even know where this is going anymore. This is so weird to say, we’re already married but why can’t I see our future? Your brother is such an .” She cries out like a child. “Uh, Noona can I say something?” Baekhyun asks while raising his hand. “What?” Soyeon asks looking at him, showing her awful crying face. “First, you look ugly stop crying and second, are you actually in love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter