Believe In Him

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Aunt Hayoung, I think she’s waking up.” Kyungsoo jolted up from the chair when he saw Jiwon’s hand moving towards her head. The old lady who was peeling a fruit on one corner immediately rushed over to the hospital bed. “J-jiwonnie? It’s Aunt Hayoung, can you hear me?” She asked while Jiwon’s cheek gently. It took her a few more seconds before completely opening her eyes. “A-aunty. . .” She muffled with a hoarse voice. Kyungsoo just collapsed back down to the chair while massaging his head. As soon as he heard about what happened last night, he rushed to the hospital and hasn’t come home since. “You were always dazed whenever you open your eyes and you would fall back to sleep for like two days, you can look me in the eyes now, I guess you’re feeling much better? Hm?” Aunt Hayoung asked her right away. Jiwon looked at her aunt’s swollen eyes and scenes from that night immediately came back to her.

“B-baekhyun. . . Where’s Baekhyun?” She asked and tried to get up but her aunt only pushed her down again. “Don’t get up too fast, just relax first, honey. You just woke up.” She softly muttered before grabbing the glass of water from the side table. “Here, have water first.” She helped Jiwon on drinking it as slowly as possible. “Aunty, where’s Baekhyun?” Jiwon asked again before turning to Kyungsoo this time. “Where is he?” She repeated. It was silent in the room for a while, only the breeze from outside could be faintly heard.  Kyungsoo cleared his throat before looking at her cautiously. “He’s in a coma.” He finally revealed before looking down.

Jiwon’s whole body stiffened at what she just heard. She covered and started crying. “Dear, d-don’t stress yourself. Just relax first, hm? He’s going to be okay.” Aunt Hayoung tried comforting her. “B-but it’s only been two days, who knows. . . he might wake up soon.” Kyungsoo added hesitantly while gazing at Aunt Hayoung. “I-is it that bad?” Jiwon asked while slowly sitting up while her aunt helped her. Kyungsoo had a hard time explaining at such sensitive topic especially for her. “I have only talked to one of his friends who visited yesterday once but. . . his head injury almost killed him. . . and aside from that, he got some fractures around th—" Kyungsoo immediately stopped talking when Jiwon started crying even harder. “I-I’m sorry.” He muttered and grabbed her hand.

“It’s my fault, it’s all my fault. . . He shouldn’t have come to get me.” She mumbled while shaking her head. “Ssh, it’s okay. . .” Aunt Hayoung hugged her letting Jiwon rest her head on her chest. “Can I see him?” Jiwon asked while looking up to her aunt. Kyungsoo immediately stood up while running his fingers through his hair. “I’m going to check, okay?” He softly replied and patted her before leaving the room. He went to the tenth floor of the hospital, in the ICU. Once he reached the corridor close to Baekhyun’s room, he already spotted some of his friends standing by the glass window of the room, simply staring at their unconscious friend inside. Kyungsoo hesitantly walked over to them while glancing over to the glass window as well, he could see two more people inside, one woman and one man while wearing the hospital gowns and masks. “Uhm. . . hi.” He greeted making them all turn to him.

“Oh, hey. How’s Jiwon?” Chanyeol was the first one to respond since he has talked to the guy before. “A-actually, she just woke up. You think uhm. . . you think she can take a look at him?” Kyungsoo politely asked while briefly gazing at each one of them. “We don’t know when his parents will be back from the court session and also, we’re just waiting too since only two people are allowed at a time, his brother and sister-in-law is inside right now.” Hoon explained. Kyungsoo glanced down to the window again meeting eyes with Baekbeom. To his surprise, the man stood up and went out. “Who wants to go in for now?” He asked Baekhyun’s friends. “C-can I? Please, hyung.” Chanyeol went to him first while rubbing his palms together. “Sure, just don’t forget to wear the gown and mask.” Baekbeom softly replied before getting out of the room. Once Chanyeol was in, Baekbeom looked at Kyungsoo. “You’re Jiwon’s friend, right?” he asked. The two walked to one corner, away from the room. “Yes, I am. I’m Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo politely bowed to the older guy. “Is she up now?” Baekbeom asked while folding his arms. “Actually, she has already woken up a few times since yesterday it’s just that. . . she was like. . . dazed and wasn’t really awake for too long but just now, she completely woke up and talked.” Kyungsoo explained in detail. “And I’m sure she wants to see Baekhyun?” Baekbeom asked.

Kyungsoo lowered his head while clasping his hands together.

“I-if that’s okay.” He replied hesitantly. “I’m going to be straight to you, this thing that happened. . . might just make everything worse for the two of them. My mother. . . is really furious at her. Right now they’re on their second trial with the kidnappers and she just found out that Baekhyun really did go to the kidnapper in his freewill just to get Jiwon and. . . and so—” Baekbeom cleared his throat while massaging his temples. “Believe me, I want Jiwon to see him right now. And I know my brother would want that if he was awake but. . . I just don’t want to make things worse. Baekhyun is in a critical condition right now and I honestly don’t know if I should go against my mother again and let her in there for now.” He managed to finish his sentence with a heavy heart.

“Oh. . . I understand.” Kyungsoo nodded while looking down. “And also, they might be back anytime soon. I swear I reall—”

“Are you Kyungsoo?”

The two guys turned and saw Soyeon, she had swollen tired eyes but she remained smiling warmly towards Kyungsoo. “Hello, I’m Do Kyungsoo. I’m Jiwon’s friend.” Kyungsoo immediately greeted politely while bowing. “Yes, I’ve heard your name a few times from Baekhyun.” Soyeon nodded brightly. She hasn’t had enough sleep since the incident. Since Mr. and Mrs. Byun are very busy fixing the case with the kidnappers, she and Baekbeom are in charged to look after Baekhyun for now. “Omo, how is Jiwon doing? Does she want to go here? I can cover her up, hm?” Soyeon encouraged. Baekbeom put an arm over her while shaking his head. “Hun, let’s not risk anything right now. Eomma and Appa might be back soon.” He muttered softly.

“After all Baekhyun has done, you don’t want to risk anything just because of Eomma? Baekhyun basically risked his life for Jiwon and you don’t want them to be on each other’s side?” Soyeon argued back with a big frown. Baekbeom sighed while running his fingers through his hair. “He’s not even awake, Soyeon.” He muttered. Kyungsoo felt like he was in the middle of it so he just kept his head low. “He’s in a coma, he’s not dead. Who knows, his condition might get better if he hears or feel Jiwon.” Soyeon explained, determined to bring Jiwon into the room.

Baekbeom was silent for a while until he faces Kyungsoo again. “Uh, Kyungsoo ssi, my parents would take charge later tonight while the two of us go home but we’ll be back tomorrow. They won’t be here until the night again. So if it’s okay with Jiwon to wait, she can come tomorrow afternoon.” He suggested, finally giving in to Soyeon’s persuasion. “Oh, that would mean a lot to her. Thank you so much. I’ll inform her about it now. Thank you so much.” Kyungsoo bowed to the both of them a couple of times before walking away.

Once the boy was gone, the couple faced each other again. “You don’t understand me, Soyeon. In the end, eomma was right. She was strict towards him for this reason.” Baekbeom spoke with a very concerned tone. “You may be right but obviously, that didn’t stop Baekhyun from trying to save the person he loves. Don’t blame this on the kid, she got involved and she didn’t ask for it. The least we could do is help her see Baekhyun. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter