Critical Fate

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun got off just a few blocks away from the cemetery. The area was dead and empty at the moment. He gulped as he roamed his eyes around trying to spot an abandoned gas station. He took very light steps, walking as cautiously as possible. The overflowing fear he’s feeling right now makes his chest tremble in every breath he takes. Finally, he spotted an old-looking Gas Station signage. He quietly made his way towards it and hid behind a wall. He peeked at the closed store right in it, it was covered with wooden blocks so what’s inside is all covered. He looked down while breathing heavily.

Taking his phone out, he went to his contacts to call one of his friends.

Right now, he’s too scared to call any of his family members and just make Hwang Daehwan even madder.

“Hello? Dude, what’s up.”

He took a deep breath before speaking. “H-hoon-ah. Listen to me, I should call you again in twenty minutes, okay?” He said, giving himself twenty minutes to hopefully get Jiwon away from the place and fix the problem himself without needing any help. “Huh? What do you mean?” Hoon asked in confusion. “I will call you again in twenty minutes but if I don’t. . . In case I don’t call back in twenty minutes, call the cops at the old gas station close to Yongsan Cemetery.” He instructed very carefully. As much as he wanted to take care of this himself, he’s still not sure what to expect, he wanted to have a Plan B in case Daehwan doesn’t grant his promise of letting Jiwon go.

“What? The is happening? Yah, you’re scaring me.” Hoon responded. Baekhyun closed his eyes while sighing. “Just do it, promise me. In twenty minutes. If you don’t get any call from me, promise me you’ll call the cops. Don’t tell anyone about this, don’t ask anything more because I will tell you once this is all done. Promise me.” He hissed. “U-uh. . . Y-yongsan Cemetery, you say?” Hoon asked in fear. “Yes, but it’s at the old gas station a few blocks away across the cemetery. Okay? I’ll trust you, okay?” Baekhyun pleaded. “B-baekhyun-ah, you’re really worrying me. If something’s happening, why not just call the cops now, hm?” Hoon asked trying to convince the guy.

“No—just. . . the cops is just for Plan B, alright? Please, just cooperate.”

“T-tell me what’s happening first. Are you really alright?”

“I am. . . my girlfriend just got in trouble, you know she’s a troublemaker. I’ll just pick her up, okay? Promise me you’ll wait for my call and if it doesn’t come, you know what you’ll do. Promise me, Kwon Janghoon. Just do this one simple favor for me.”

He heard a sigh coming from the guy. “O-okay, but whatever it is, be careful, bro. . .” Hoon answered hesitantly. “Thank you so much.” Baekhyun mumbled before finally hanging up. He glanced down to his phone to check the time before carefully making his way towards the store. He peeked through a very tiny hole on one wood board but it was just dark as if it’s all covered. But he started hearing faint cries making his insides turn. “J-jiwon. . .” he mumbled before turning around only to be surprised by a man standing right there with a big smirk on his face. “Are you the kid?” He asked before grabbing him harshly by the arm. “L-let go of me! I can go in myself.” He grunted while trying to yank himself away but the guy was too strong. The man opened a big pile of wood that seemed to serve as their entrance and pushed him inside. He stumbled down the floor and he heard a gasp.

“B-baekhyun, I told you not to listen to him!”

Baekhyun stood up while rubbing his hands together before looking at the direction of the voice. Jiwon was there on one corner while stumbling to get up. His heart sunk when he saw the bruises all over her face, her uniform all dirty and torn. His eyes darted straight down to none other than Hwang Daehwan sitting on a chair opposite to him. “Wow, you did come a lone, kid.” He chuckled before standing up. “W-what did you do to her?” He asked before rushing towards Jiwon. “H-hey, it’s okay. . .” He whispered while cupping her face. He was about to grab her hand when two men pulled them away. “Yah! I’m already here, then let her go! What the hell is wrong with you?!” Baekhyun exclaimed while squirming away.

Hwang Daehwan sighed before chuckling. “There was nothing wrong with me until my daughter died and my wife left me.” He answered. Baekhyun went silent after hearing what he just said. Daehwan’s eyes were sparkling with tears but then he started laughing again, as if he had lost his mind. He stood up and walked over to him. “You know, all I asked for was help. As simple as that. Your family’s ing rich so you would think. . . what’s so hard about helping a dying kid, right?~” he asked. Baekhyun was about to speak when a punch came across his face. “Yah, you sick !” Jiwon shouted while trying to yank her arms away from the two guys holding her.

“I-I didn’t know about what happened.” Baekhyun mumbled while breathing heavily. “Of course, you wouldn’t know, like always, your mother hid it from everyone.” Daehwan grunted in between laughter. “I-if you needed money, why did—why did you resign?” Baekhyun muffled earning another punch from the guy. “Your ing mother fired me! She fired me for asking for help, okay?!” Daehwan grunted and pushed Baekhyun hard, his back slamming right on a wall. Baekhyun kept a smirk on while getting up. He glanced at Jiwon giving her an assuring smile. “B-baekhyun. . .” She cried while shaking her head.

“What a ing , she said I resigned?” Daehwan laughed while shaking his head. “M-my mom might not be the nicest person but she wouldn’t just fire you because you asked for help.”  Baekhyun muttered while clenching his fist. “Oh, look at you~’ Daehwang beamed before grabbing him on the back of his head. “My daughter was twelve. Heard that? She was ing twelve!” He grunted before suddenly slamming Baekhyun’s head right on the wall. “Ya—Baekhyun! What the are you doing—stop! Oh my god—Baekhyun!” Jiwon cried hard while htting the guys on the chest, they were still holding her down.

Baekhyun fell to the ground losing balance.

He blinked really hard while trying to get up, stumbling a few times before successfully landing both feet down to the ground again. “You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter