Marriage

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Tsk tsk, humans.”

Baekhyun took his last sip of coffee while watching the daily news on the TV right in their kitchen. His eyes next fell to the time provided by the news making him jump off the high chair immediately. “Shoot, I need to be early.” He hisses in realization. He hurriedly dunked his empty mug down the full sink. “Ah—aigoo.” He sighed a chuckle. Taking for granted his need to be at work very early for the day, he removed his suit and folded up his sleeves to rinse the dishes himself and put them in the dishwasher. “She’s been very unpredictable lately.” He shook his head while rinsing the first place he reached for.

For the past month and a half of marriage, everything’s been pretty much normal between them. Although she’s obviously trying her best, Jiwon still fails to be the ‘perfect wife material’ that the society requires. However, Baekhyun likes just the way she is. One time, she made a ‘special dinner’ for him, she tempted him about it the whole day through the phone but when he got home, he was welcomed by a burnt fried rice with some egg shells on it. Normally, he would lose his with such mistakes but because he knew Jiwon tried her best on it, he ate it all. With cleaning on the other hand, she’s pretty good at it except when it’s the bathroom – Jiwon always tells him that she finds it harder to clean the bathroom for some odd reasons.

However, for the past couple of weeks, she’s been cleaning less than before.

He can’t blame her though, she’s been jobless for a long time now.

“Oh—, right.” Baekhyun slammed the dishwasher door closed halfway and rushed out of the house to check their mailbox. “Please be here, please please please. It’s got to be here by now.” He mentally prepared himself for the positive. He knows how frustrated Jiwon has been to do something productive. He took a deep breath before opening the mailbox. A few letters, he grabbed all of them. Half of them were his but they’re all from banks and other ads. The other half which was Jiwon’s were also bank statements except for one.

“YES—well, I think so? This is it, right?” He flipped the envelope a few times trying to figure out where it came from. There’s a government stamp on it but he still wanted to make sure. He tried to feel what’s inside with his hands. “There’s something ha—there’s something hard in it! Oh my god, it’s the license, Oh, ing finally.” He celebrated immediately and rushed back into the house and to their bedroom.

 

“Jiwon Jiwon Jiwon Jiwon Jiwon Jiwon—ack!”

A pillow flew right to his face once he reached the bed. “I don’t ing care about your mood swings, look!” he shook her body rigidly earning a strong scowl from her. Ignoring it once again, he crawled to the bed close to her and leaned for a kiss on her forehead. “Your professional license is here now, see?” He grinned and started opening it himself, mentally hoping he did not just make a false assumption and make her mood worse. A big relief gushed through his chest when he saw the licenses attached to a few pages of paper. “Phew, here.” He showed it to her. “Oh, that’s good. . .” Jiwon groggily replied before covering her face with the blanket.

“Oh—haven’t you been waiting for this, hun? You’re not gunna get bored here anymore, once you apply for the training and evaluation, you finally have something to do.”

Fortunately, she pulled the blanket down from her face again as she sighed heavily. “I know, but I’ve been stuck at home for a long time that I feel lazy to go out and do anything.” She mumbled. She sat up and snuggled on Baekhyun’s chest. “I feel so depressed. Like for the longest time, I worked non-stop and suddenly, I had nothing to do and it feels so good to sleep and eat and sleep and eat and still be able to buy stuff! A-and like. . .  I’m married but I can’t even cook a decent fried rice.” She started fake-crying.

Baekhyun stared at her dumbfounded.

The two things she said had no relation to each other or whatsoever.

“And the training—honey, training is not working. It’s like I am a student all over again! I hate being a student, being required to do boring without getting paid all over again.” She whined even harder while messing her hair up. Baekhyun fought the urge to laugh at her pain. “And like. . . I really enjoy welcoming you home. . . taking care of you when you’re tired from work and then going grocery shopping alone because I don’t like going with you, you get a lot of crap we don’t need.” She continued before getting off the bed. “But I’m very happy that I finally got the license, wow, that was a long wait. Like, what is up South Korea’s government?!” She suddenly ended her complaints like nothing happened before going to the bathroom.

“What just happened.” Baekhyun couldn’t hold his laugh anymore as he followed her into the bathroom.

He leaned on the opened entrance and watched her wash her face. “Did I just force you into this training thing?” He asked seriously. She stopped washing her face as soon as she heard his anxious tone. She turned to him letting the water drip down her face and shirt. “Hun, of course not. You encouraged me to do something that I really wanted. That’s what you did.” She assured him. Baekhyun smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. “Okay, just making sure. You know I never want to make you do something you don’t want to do.” He walked over to her and fixed her messy bed hair. “But honestly? If you realize this training , give yourself more time. Take a break from all of that, stay at home just as you pleased and then when the time comes that you figure it out, you come back.” He suggested.

“No, I don’t want to let my lazyass get to me. I guess I just got too used to being at home, got the break I’ve always needed, but deep inside, I miss being productive too.”

Baekhyun smiled in satisfaction, feeling proud of how maturely she’s taking the situation. “That’s my girl.” He planted a chaste kiss on her lips before dragging her outside. “I’ll probably go for the application by. . . Tuesday, I guess.” She muttered before yawning and stretching an arm. They arrived downstairs, to the kitchen. “Have you eaten? We have a lot of leftover from last night. Or I can cook for you.” Jiwon offered and walked to the fridge. “Oh, I ate them already.” Baekhyun answered and grinned. “Did you leave some for me?” Jiwon asked and looked down into the fridge. “What the —you ate all of them?~” She realized and glared jokingly at her husband.

“It was good, okay? I like Take-out Chinese food, don’t kill me for loving it.”

Jiwon rolled her eyes before walking to the coffee making. “Anyway—oh, I was going to put all the dishes to the dishwasher but I stopped halfway.” Baekhyun rushed to the dishwasher the same time she did. “No, it’s okay, I’ll do it. You can go now.” Jiwon declined the offer and pushed him out of the kitchen. Baekhyun quickly snatched his suit that he left on one chair before walking to the door. “Oh by the way, have you brought your car to the shop?” he asked while unfolding his sleeves neatly. “I did three days ago. They said the noise was coming from the wheels and they fixed it right away.” Jiwon answered loudly from the kitchen. She started putting the remaining plates and bowls on the sink into the dishwasher. “Oh, I knew it. Anyway, I’ll be going now. Just close the gates for me, hun. Love you!” Baekhyun yelled back as he opened the front door.

“I love you too!”

Once he got her answer, he pressed the open button on the screen right by their door to open their gates and stepped out of the house. He went into his car and started his engine while checking himself on the rear-view mirror. “Geez, now I feel sick for eating all of that crap.” He sighed before driving out to the gates. Just as his car was halfway out, he saw a familiar car parked by the side. “Oh.” He opened his windows and peeking his head out.

“Hey, Kyungpoop, what brings you here?”

Kyungsoo leaned away from his car and walked towards Baekhyun’s. “Just visiting, Jiwon’s there, right?” He asked. Baekhyun nodded immediately. “Actually, she’s been depressed and bored lately but she just got her license which is a good thing. Maybe you could divert her attention a little, maybe take her to movies or something. That’s fine with me. She hates going to the movies with me ‘cause I always end up sleeping.” He nicely asked. Kyungsoo chuckled while shaking his head. “Ok—I try, alright? Don’t give me that face. You should be thankful, of all husbands, I actually allow my wife to still hangout with an Ex. It’s because I know you’re more than that for her. Shut up.” Baekhyun defended himself while clearing his throat.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter