Unbroken

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a Spring wedding in the late afternoon, approaching the evening. At the end of every seated aisle lays baskets of stemmed cherry blossoms – specially requested by Jiwon herself. It was five in the afternoon but the way they had arranged the venue made it seem like it’s a wonderful morning out in the gardens. Spread down the aisle were some of the cherry blossom petals, as far as the eyes could see. Long strings of lights with realistic stems rounded in between them hang on the high ceilings of the venue creating that fresh, beautiful and elegant atmosphere.  Everyone was dressed in combination of white and placid blue – colors that compliments the season. It was everything Baekhyun and Jiwon wanted in their wedding.

“Unni, you’re going to be fine. Breathe.” Soojin tried to comfort the panicking bride as much as possible.

Only five minutes is remaining before the ceremony officially starts.

“I can’t breathe.” Jiwon panted. “I mean, everyone will be looking at me and I’ll be walking alone, unlike other brides with their parents. UGH. I’m not good with taking stares.” She stomped her heels down the tiles making that loud tapping sounds. “Well, I managed to find someone who could walk you down the aisle, unni. This was a last-minute thing but I swear I tried for weeks!” Soojin grinned before skipping to the door of the waiting room. She opened it and Jiwon was welcomed by a very surprising guest. “Oh my god! Kyungsoo, you said you can’t come?!” Jiwon immediately rushed over to the guy and jumped on him for a hug.

“Oh god, you’re so beautiful.” Kyungsoo hushed and hugged her back tightly while looking in space with his amazed expression. They quickly let go and shared an eye-contact. “You said you still can’t afford to see my wedding? And I completely respect that. I never forced you.” Jiwon pouted while fanning her face to fight back the tears that were forming. He was someone she used to date and normally it would be very awkward to bring him to the wedding but at the same time, he was someone more special than a past lover, he was family. “I know. You never forced me. But someone else did.” Kyungsoo glared straight down on Soojin who immediately hid behind the mirror at the corner.

Jiwon gave the woman a small glare before smiling.

“Did she? Is that why you were so busy for the past two weeks before today?”

Soojin tapped her finger tips together while moving her eyes from left to right. “I don’t even want to talk about it but what matters is I’m here and someone will walk you down the aisle, okay?” Kyungsoo cut the topic off really quickly, preventing himself from feeling the stress Soojin gave him all over again. “A-are you going to be okay? I swear it’s okay if you can’t, even I find it hard to see you as I get married because I’m really worried.” Jiwon frowned and pressed the man’s arms. “Oh stop, it’s been four months. I should be fine. I’m not that childish, you know that.” Kyungsoo nonchalantly replied before glaring at Soojin again. Soojin covered her eyes with both hands this time to avoid his glares.

Jiwon looked at the both of them in confusion. “Is there something that I need to know here? You guys been meeting without me knowing or what?” She asked.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat and suddenly started blinking rapidly. “I-it’s nothing. We usually j-just meet at work when she has meetings in the agency but t-that’s about it.” He defended himself before opening the door again. “Well, we should get going now. It’s going to start soon, right? The hallway is almost empty, I think e-everyone’s inside already.” He changed the topic before walking out first. Jiwon’s eyes then landed back to Soojin. “We’re going to have a talk after the wedding, okay? I know my best friend, he doesn’t stutter unless there’s something fishy up. PERIOD.” Jiwon scolded like a real sister before struggling to walk out of the door because of her long dress and most especially, her shoes. “I-it’s just that I bugged him a lot, unni.” Soojin followed behind while trying to explain.

They arrived right before the wide doors of the venue as a wedding staff approached them. The woman explained everything they have rehearsed in summary just to remind the ever-so-nervous bride, in case she has suddenly forgotten everything. “Unni, fighting! I’ll go ahead inside now.” Soojin grinned while hopping before looking at Kyungsoo making her automatically lose her liveliness. She suddenly stuck her tongue out at him like a kid before skipping fast to the other door where guests go through.

When the staff left, Jiwon faced Kyungsoo. “Well, this is it.” She smiled. Kyungsoo looked down with a solemn smile. “Yes, it is.” He mumbled and there was a short silence before Jiwon held both of his hands. “Promise me, you’ll find your own happiness too. I’m going to support you all the way. You’ll always be family to me.” She softly cooed while peeking at his face. Kyungsoo looked up to stare back at her. “In return, promise me you’ll be happy and if he ever makes you cry, remember my warning a few years back. It hasn’t changed.” He replied making her laugh softly.

Just then, they heard a voice speaking through the microphone from inside and a soft piano music started playing.

“Oh , it’s beginning.” Jiwon cringed and looked around trying to compose herself. After a while, she finally stayed still and held onto Kyungsoo’s arm. “Yah, does Baekhyun know you’ll be here? Or anybody else who knows besides Soojin?” Jiwon muffled while moving her head a little closer to Kyungsoo. “Nope.” Kyungsoo casually answered and patted her hand around his arm. Jiwon’s eyes bulged out not knowing how she will handle it if Baekhyun does not approve of her ex-boyfriend walking her down the aisle or if Mrs. Byun gets mad because of the same reason but mostly for image purposes.

It was not a huge wedding; the venue was great and all but they didn’t invite a lot of people.

They wanted to keep it as intimate as possible.

“Well, I guess Soojin is responsible for the explanat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter