This Stage

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun drove silently as Jiwon sulked beside him. They just arrived back to Seoul after their three-day honeymoon that unfortunately went by so fast. “We couldn’t even enjoy the hot spring, so many people—ughhh!” Jiwon groaned in frustration while pulling her own hair. “Jeju is such a ing huge island how it can be so crowded?! I just wanted to explore alone with you. And don’t even get me started with the strong winds.” She continued while glaring in space. Baekhyun heaved a sigh and reached for her hand. “Well, we did have loads of fun in our hotel room, hun. Three whole ing days, yea?” He wiggled his eyebrows only earning a big pout from her.

“I’m really upset here you know, I really wanted to enjoy the hot spring. Why the do they not have those very private ones?”

Baekhyun put his hands up in defeat, eventually giving up. “I don’t know what to tell you anymore, of all the places I suggested, this is the one you picked AT THIS SEASON, a peak ing season, okay?” He hissed back. “I’m sorry, I just. . . I just had all these. . . pictures in my head of how we’ll enjoy Jeju. It’s our first vacation together after all.” Jiwon softly admitted while scratching her head. Baekhyun glued his eyes down the road as he was driving but he reached for her hand on her lap once again. “I can take you anywhere you want and you can picture any kind of picture in your head and I’ll make that happen but what happened already happened and just think about the time we spent together, not how or where we spent it.” He muttered with a frown.

“I know that. I did love the time we had. Ugh, sorry. I’m being a right now.”

A grin climbed up to Baekhyun’s face as he shook his head. “You know, if it could make you feel better, I actually had my whole house renovated. Especially the master’s bedroom.”  He broke the news to her. Something he initially planned as a surprise but since she was feeling down, he decided to tell her earlier before they arrive home. “WHAT?” Jiwon exclaimed in surprise. “Yup. Hired some professionals, three days is more than enough for them. It’s gunna be a surprise for me too as it will be to you but I trust those guys. That company did my parents’ house.” Baekhyun explained while eagerly nodding.

“Why’d you do that for?”

Baekhyun bit the bottom of his lip as he gazed at her like a child. “I just want my wife to feel like we have a new home, like a new love nest. And besides. . . my house looked really boring and it was so obvious that a single man was living there. I also got it extended for like. . . extra rooms. I asked them to put up a play room. . . TV room, your own office, my own office, baby room—you know those stuffs. I want it to be OUR home, not just a house I used to live in alone and took you in after marriage.” He sniggered at the last room he mentioned. Jiwon turned to him with a stifled grin. “Aigoo~ someone’s excited.” She laughed and planted a light kiss on the back of his hand just because she found him adorable for making such decision.

Their sweet moment was interrupted by a phone call.

Jiwon immediately took her phone out to see Soojin’s name on the Caller I.D.

“Here’s another one excited. She’s probably going to ask to meet up.” She laughed before answering the call. “Hello, baby girl~” Jiwon greeted right away. ‘Baby girl’ has been their new nickname to Soojin just because it suits her well. “Unni! How was Jeju?~” Soojin squealed on the other line that Jiwon had to lean away from the phone for a second before retrieving it back to her ear. “It was good! The weather was pretty rough on the second day so we couldn’t really go out that much but hot spring’s not bad~” Jiwon replied while glancing at Baekhyun who was making faces, mocking her. “Oh that’s good~ I’d really like to meet up with you and hang out, unni, but I’ve been in Japan for the past two days for the group I’m styling and sponsoring, they’re having their concert. But as soon as I’m back, let’s go on a date, unni!” Soojin giggled and Jiwon could already imagine her hopping while speaking.

“Sure! Well don’t tire yourself out too much, I heard concerts are really hectic.”

“Yes, I know. It isn’t my first time but this group is really popular so they have a two-day conc—Oh! Unni, I need to go.”

Not even being able to bid goodbye, Soojin hang up making Jiwon blink. “Oh, she sounded really busy.” She chuckled and looked at her husband. “Yeah, she’s really busy before and after concerts, all the preparations and , VCR filming or whatever you call it, she’s also there. That girl has a ton of assistants but she chooses to work on the artists herself. She does bring assistants but actual styling and meetings with the agencies and artists are all taken cared of by her.” Baekhyun explained already knowing how Soojin’s business works. “I like it when rich people don’t try to rub their wealth and power to people’s faces like that. That’s why it was so easy to get close to Soojin, she doesn’t act all mighty.” Jiwon smiled and sighed.

“I don’t know why but I feel attacked, honey.”

Jiwon burst out of laughter when Baekhyun took her words in such way. “Babe, you act all mighty but your wealth and power do not have something to do with it. If anything, you’re mighty about your knowledge and looks.” Jiwon sniggered only making him frown even more. “HEY—my looks are something to be mighty about, alright?! And don’t even get me started with my knowledge.” Baekhyun defended himself while shooting her a disgruntled stare. “Fine fine fine~ you win.” Jiwon gave in immediately while running her fingers through her hair.

 

It only took them twenty minutes to get home. As soon as Baekhyun parked their car in the garage, Jiwon already noticed the difference starting at the front porch. “Oh wow, it’s not just the interior huh?” She smirked while stepping out of the car. That change wasn’t anything crazy but it was still noticeable enough. One new big thing she first noticed was the porch swing. “This looks so comfy!” She immediately ran up towards the couch-like swing that even had colorful throw pillows on them. Baekhyun smiled in satisfaction when he saw her happy face while admiring the swing – that’s exactly what he was aiming for. “Thank you~ I love this.” Jiwon clapped her hands before laying down right on the swing. “Oh—psh don’t flatter yourself, I made them put that up for myself.” Baekhyun joked earning a cheeky pout from her.

“Someone’s not very nice.” Jiwon got off the swing and stride towards him. “I know, I don’t want to be too nice to you, you might be spoi—ack~” Baekhyun groaned in surprise when Jiwon suddenly jumped right on him while looping her arms around his neck. He managed to hold her legs around his waist immediately before giving her a judging look. “Next time, give me a heads up. My lower back still hurts.” He grumbled and bumped his forehead against hers. Jiwon grinned and leaned down to kiss him when he backed away. “Uh—okay, maybe we could do this without me lowkey dying here, hm? You’re not heavy, don’t get me wrong. I’m just really not good with this. I have abs and pretty much nothing else to be proud about.” He laughed.

Jiwon stifled a chuckle as she stared at his already red ears. “Fine.” She jumped off of him before dragging him to the door. Baekhyun cracked his neck from left to right as he pressed down the door code. “How are you going to carry our babies?” Jiwon teased as they step into their home. Baekhyun ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter