Journey

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Having a child has always been the foundation of every family. It creates a bond between the parents – a bond that is beyond any type of romance, this is the time where they rely on team effort the most. Mixed emotions, from excitements to anxieties, are always present from both the mother and the father. . . and maybe including basically everyone else surrounding them.

 

 

W E E K  1 0

 

“Ugh, you can move on, doc.”

Jiwon impatiently shook her head while staring at the closed door of the room. Her prenatal visit today just unfortunately hit Baekhyun’s busy schedule. He promised that he’ll be able to catch up but Jiwon felt too embarrassed to keep the doctor waiting. Baekhyun’s coming all the way from Busan that’s why Jiwon didn’t want to wait any longer, she thought of just recording it if ever they finally find and hear the heartbeat.

On her last visit, they tried but failed to spot the heartbeat.

And this will be their second try.

“Well then.” The doctor smiled and began operating the machine. Once it was all ready, she spurted gel all over Jiwon’s stomach. “Doc, just wondering. . . I know I’m supposed to look pregnant but isn’t it too early for me to have this bump? It’s like what, two months and a week?” Jiwon asked while looking at her tiny bump. “Or do I just eat too much?” She added earning a soft laughter from the doctor. “Aigoo, it’s always different for every woman. There are some who don’t gain any extra weight or don’t get the bump until later during the pregnancy. And according to your diet, like I said, you might want to go easy on the fast food, please.” The doctor answered making Jiwon bit on her bottom lip in guilt.

“It’s just so hard for me to think of food I can cook where I won’t end up throwing up cause god, I’m seriously starting to hate on a lot of things.”

“That’s normal, aside from all your food aversions, there’s a ton of variety to choose from for a healthy prenatal diet.” The doctor explained as she positioned the doppler on Jiwon’s tummy. Jiwon always felt satisfied with the feeling of the gel and the doppler across her tummy as if she’s getting a massage. “Oh wow.” The doctor looked intently at the screen while running the doppler across Jiwon’s tummy. “Everything fine, doc?” Jiwon asked while squinting her eyes to the screen as well. A big smile started forming on the doctor’s lips as she pointed to the screen. “So these. . . are the heads. Do you see that? One. . . two.” She hushed.

Jiwon’s stiffened on her position while staring at the doctor dead in the eyes.

“Did you just say heads? With an S?”

The doctor nodded before pressing something on the monitor keys so they could listen at the heartbeat next. “No way. Dr. Im, I’m going to have twins?!” Jiwon covered and tried to look more closely again, tilting her head as far as she could. “Well, what a pleasant surprise, right?” Dr. Im replied while nodding in excitement. For some reasons, although she is indeed surprise, Jiwon wasn’t as baffled as other mothers could have been. After all, she has always known multiple pregnancy is in her blood. “Now we know why your symptoms are specially bad. I shall look after you twice as much, make sure to never miss your folic acid intakes, okay?” Dr. Im lowered down sound of the heartbeats first so they could talk.

Jiwon’s eyes remained glued at the screen while nodding half-mindedly.

Just then, someone knocked. “Come in, please.” The door opened and it was the clinic staff and Baekhyun. “Woo~ I caught up. I told you I’ll catch up.” A worn-out and panting Baekhyun came in while running his fingers through his hair. “Mr. Byun, you’re just right in time, come sit.” The doctor stood up from the chair just beside the bed to let the husband sit. “Hun, sorry.” He held Jiwon’s cold hands before sitting down. “Oh there’s my baby~" He smiled while looking at the monitor. “Have you found the heartbeat yet?” he asked while looking at the doctor.

“Yes, we did.” Dr. Im answered and gestured the guy to look at the screen again. Baekhyun smiled even wider as soon as the sound of the heartbeats started filling the room. “Oh wow, is it me or it sounds like horses running down the field?” He laughed and Jiwon held her tears before hitting him on the arm. “Look at the screen again.” She said with a stifled sob. “Yes, dear, I am.” Baekhyun chuckled before squinting his eyes even more closely to the screen.

Both the doctor and Jiwon waited for him to actually notice it.

“Is there something wrong with it?” He asked while frowning. “What do you mean, Mr. Byun?” Dr. Im asked while chuckling. “I mean the heartbeat; does it really sound like that? It sounds. . . really fast. Too fast for a small fetus.” Baekhyun answered. Jiwon threw her head back down to the pillow realizing Baekhyun still has not noticed it. “It’s not fast, they’re overlapping with each other.” Dr. Im replied, already hinting about the multiple pregnancy way too much that anyone would be able to get it right away. “Oh. . . you mean with Jiwon’s heartbeat?” Baekhyun asked.

Jiwon looked down to him before hitting him at the back of his head.

“Oh my god, how do you manage to own a huge company?” She grunted.

Dr. Im looked down laughing at the couple.

“Okay, first off, that hit was hard. That hurt. I have received a way harder hit than that but it’s still hard, it hurt my feelings.” Baekhyun hissed while rubbing the back of his head. He rolled his eyes before looking into the monitor once again. He lifted an arm and started pointing at it to further explain himself.

“I mean, your heart is just inches above him or her. You’re pretty dumb back in high school so let me explain anatomy to you. It does make sense. So. . . this whole thing is your womb, right? And then this is the bab—hold up.”

Jiwon and Dr. Im both kept their mouths shut while staring at the man. “This is the baby.” He pointed out at the first one before moving his finger to the next one. “And this is. . . what is this—are these balls? I’m having a son? Wait, his balls are as big as he is? Wait, he’s not even fully developed yet and he has balls? O—okay, that’s not right.” he muffled while tilting his head in confusion. Jiwon’s shoulders fell once again before finally grabbing Baekhyun’s by the collar. “We’re having twins, smart .” She grunted. Dr. Im covered to laugh silently when Jiwon broke the news in such way. She let go of his husband who fell right back down the seat with a disgruntled face.

“The balls you’re talking about is your ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter