Fate Has It

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think they’re here.”

“Oh my god, I just went to the bathroom, the Kangwon’s student council, they’re all attractive. . . They went to the faculty though.”

“They look really professional and rich.”

“Are we allowed to watch the audition?”

Jiwon listens to all the students murmuring. She was late for the third period and was welcomed by the students all around the classroom. “Wait, it’s today?!” She exclaims making everyone turn to her in fear. “The audition is today?” She asks and they all nodded to her hesitantly. She rushes to the door to peek outside and just in time, students from different rooms are also coming out to wait, as if there’s a celebrity. “Are they coming?” Some of her classmates, mostly the girls, all rush to the windows to peek. Jiwon on the other hand steps right in the middle of the corridor to see where they are exactly. Her heart skips a beat when a familiar figure walks out of a door. “Boo.” She jumps on her position when she felt someone behind her. It was Kyungsoo. “Why didn’t you tell me it’s today? Aren’t you included in the band who’ll audition?” She asks. “Yea. . . I didn’t tell you. I didn’t know they would make such a big entrance like that.” Kyungsoo hisses while glaring at their direction making Jiwon turn to them again. They’re not walking together, with Baekhyun at the center. All the students were trying to peek at their faces, especially the male officers.

“Let’s go, you’re watching me sing right?” Kyungsoo turns her body to face him. “Huh?” Jiwon blankly asks before turning around to look at Baekhyun again. Kyungsoo looks away with a stiff face before skipping to stand right in front of her, totally blocking her sight. “You’re watching me sing? I’m singing your favorite song.” He asks with a smile. “Hell yeah, I’m going to watch.” Jiwon answers while peeking at Baekhyun again. Just in time, they arrived close to their classroom. Jiwon grins and jumps right at the middle to block them. “Hey.” She calls while putting her hands up in her pockets. “What are you doing. . .” Kyungsoo tries to grab her away.

Baekhyun maintains a straight face while putting his hands in his pockets, mirroring her actions unknowingly. All the students begin murmuring at each other, everyone has always been terrified to approach Jiwon because of her strong personality and seeing this scene right now made them very curious and anxious at the same time. “Excuse me but we need to be at the auditorium in five minutes.” Baekhyun speaks blankly before moving away to walk on the other side until Jiwon put her hand up, completely blocking his whole face off, making him back off. All the officers flinch in surprise when Jiwon that.

No one has ever tried to touch Baekhyun, especially his face.

Baekhyun stares at her in shock and fury. “Did you just hit my face?” he asks with a small yet threatening smile. “No, I blocked you. There’s a difference.” Jiwon answers while winking. Baekhyun gulps while looking away, trying to supress his anger. “By the way, he’s my best friend. Do Kyungsoo, he’s participating in the audition, he’s really good. He’s the best.” Jiwon grabs Kyungsoo’s arm to introduce him. Kyungsoo looks away trying to hide his face from all the eyes looking at him now because of her. Baekhyun forces a chuckle while rolling his eyes. “I think you just got your best friend’s band in trouble then.” He mumbles just enough for her to hear. He didn’t want to make a scene and leave an unpleasant image. “B-baekhyun, let’s just go.” One of the officers put a hand on Baekhyun’s arm to stop him before he could start yapping. “Don’t touch me, I’m okay.” He yanks him away before walking away, his shoulders firmly brushing against Jiwon’s. “He’s mine!” Jiwon chants to let everybody hear. “No, I’m not!” Baekhyun shouts back while brisk walking stiffly, trying to disappear from the scene as fast as he could that the other officers are struggling to keep up with him.

Jiwon laughs while shaking her head. Everyone settles back into their rooms while Jiwon and Kyungsoo stays there. “Why’d you do that?” Kyungsoo asks with a frown. “Nah, I just like annoying him. He’s really cute when he’s mad.” Jiwon answers while sniggering.

“Do you like him that much?”

Looking at his best friend, she gave him a very sincere smile. “Yea, I do.” She answers with a soft tone before turning around to walk, planning to follow them into the auditorium. “I think I won’t try out in the audition anymore.” Kyungsoo blurts out making her stop. She turns around to face him again. “What are you talking about? But Kyungsoo, if you get into the competition, you get a free pass into their campus and you get to drag one more classmate for support and I’m that classmate, right? Don’t you want to have fun in their foundation festival with me? I heard there’s gunna be fun booths everywhere.” She asks. Kyungsoo stares down to her for a couple more seconds. “So, you’re gunna be with me the whole time?” He asks.

Jiwon hesitates to answer. She scratches her neck while chuckling.

“W-well. . . I might explore here and there while you’re preparing to perform, of course. . . I heard they have good cafeteria, they even have a coffee shop inside. So. . . I want to explore, yea.” She makes up an excuse. “You’re just going to follow him around.” Kyungsoo hisses before walking away. Jiwon follows behind anxiously. “Yah, are you serious? They’re already there, you can’t just abandon your bandmates. I’m sorry, I know I embarrassed you earlier, I won’t do that again. And I know it was a wrong move to introduce you to him like that and he doesn’t like me yet so he might not want to let you pass but he’s not the only judge anyway. Your band still got a chance.” She tries to explain while rubbing her hands together. “it’s not that.” Kyungsoo muffles, walking much faster. “Then what is it?” Jiwon grunts making him stop to turn around.

Their eyes met and Jiwon looked at him with puppy eyes. “Please. . . if you like someone, won’t you do anything to spend as much time with them as possible, or even just. . .  see them? And it’s a festival, and I’d like to see him all happy and celebrating. It’s my only chance to actually see him without sneaking around and stuff and he can’t shoo me off. I haven’t seen him smile so I’m hoping I will on that day since it’s supposed to be a celebration, right? Wouldn’t you like to see someone you admire to smile and be happy? C’mon. . .” She persuades while poking his arms. Kyungsoo sighs heavily before walking pass her, ruffling her hair.

Jiwon turns to look at him walk. Her eyes lit up when he saw him walking to the direction of the auditorium. “You’re going now?!” She asks before chasing him, jumping right on his back for a sudden piggyback. “You’re the bestest best friend!” She says as usual. “Ahh! Get off me—you’re heavy.” Kyungsoo groans but finally smiles while holding onto her thighs to support her. “Seriously, thank you! I’ll be the loudest to cheer you on when you sing!” She kisses him on the cheek from behind before jumping off to run to the auditorium first. Kyungsoo stood there motionless while touching the cheek she just kissed. He felt his chest pounding hard.

His first love just kissed him.

Jiwon has always hugged him, touched his hand and she have said I love you to him in so many occasions but she has never given him a kiss before.

All the anxiety he’s been feeling ever since Jiwon started liking someone were brushed away—temporarily—with just one kiss.

 

 

Sitting on the chair at the middle, Jiwon peeks at Baekhyun who’s seated at the very front closest to the stage. A few students are starting to come into the auditorium to watch the audition. “Psst!” Jiwon calls out shamelessly making the officers turn to her.

“Ignore her.” Baekhyun orders making them all face straight ahead again. “She’s kinda cute.” One of the Junior officers, Woosung says. Baekhyun turns to glare at him. “She’s kinda creepy, you say.” He corrects before glaring back down to his clipboard with the list of all the bands in Cheongdam High, From Freshmen to Senior. “Do you two really know each other? Eyy~ President, are you dating secretly?” Jungha, another officer, teases. “Tch, in her dreams.” Baekhyun replies blankly while flipping through pages on the clipboard. “Do Kyungsoo. Hm, you’re dead.” He mutters as he read Kyungsoo’s name on his band’s profile.

He clears his throat as he adjusts himself on his seat. His eyes move from left to right before sneakily turning his head to see if Jiwon is still being creepy behind. Just as he did, he saw Jiwon peeking at him as well with her growing smile. “Gotcha.” She mouths while doing a ‘bang bang’ gesture with both hands. Baekhyun quickly looks straight immediately while brushing the back of his head to act cool about it. He grabs the bottle of water provided by the faculty an drank half of it in one go before grabbing the mic in front of him placed on the long table in front of them, the judges. He clears his throat before speaking into the microphone.

“Is everyone ready in the backstage? The audition will officially start in five minutes. Thank you.”

Jiwon bit her bottom lip when she heard him speak. “Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter