Four

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hissing whispers exchanged,

“No, I don’t need epidural. I am ready for this, alright?”

“You’re just saying tha—Kim Jiwon, stop being a hero. Besides, that’s what our doctors already advised so shut up.”

“I’m not trying to be a he—I can do this, that’s all I’m saying. You don’t understand me.”

“I’m not saying you can’t do this—oh my ing lord, you’re getting the goddamn epidural, end of discussion.”

The nurses kept their mouths shut as the married couple argued in a whispering way. They could still clearly hear them so there was really no point of whispering. Baekhyun suddenly forced a smile at them while folding his arms. “She’s getting it later on, don’t worry.” He said earning a light hit from Jiwon, causing one of the sensors mounted on her tummy to go out of the place. The nurse took it nicely and just repositioned it properly once again.

They have received the go signal from their doctors a few hours ago so they have admitted to the hospital to get ready for the labor. It’s nine in the evening and one of Jiwon’s doctors has predicted that they should be having their twins before noon tomorrow.

A few moments ago, her sac had broken and the nurse immediately administered a labor-inducing drug through her IV shunt.

Her contraction began immediately but unlike what she’s been expecting, it didn’t start so bad. The pain rather intensified through time and came more frequently compared to her other mild contraction throughout the week. Jiwon grabbed Baekhyun’s hand tightly as another contraction began searing. Just at the same time, visitors begin arriving.

Something that Jiwon didn’t feel like having at the moment.

First came Mr. and Mrs. Byun.

Being well-educated people, the old couple briefly signalled the couple before staying still at one corner. “She’s good for normal delivery, both Hana and Hansol are in perfect positions now.” Baekhyun spoke to fill up the silence in the room.  “Are you two sure about going normal? I’ve read somewhere it’s better for multiple pregnancy to be done quicker to avoid any consequences.” Mrs. Byun asked in concern. Baekhyun sighed, thinking of the same exact thing.

“Well, she said she can handle it.” He answered while Jiwon’s hand as she goes through the contractions. “I can handle it, guys. Don’t worry about me.” Jiwon managed to in despite the pain. “Yeah, you can handle it but I can’t.” Baekhyun argued back while wiping the sweats on his forehead. He glanced down at the other side of the bed, watching the intensity of her contractions form its individual curve on the ticker-tape printout. Watching her lying on her side on the bed with all the sensors and the IV shunt on the back of her hand caused cold sweats to form on the back of his neck.

This is it, he thought to himself, even his inner voice sounding really anxious.

Jiwon has survived the rough thirty-six weeks of carrying their twins and he couldn’t be prouder of her. Despite all these, anxieties began filling his head at the same time. Seeking information through Google and Naver is definitely not a good idea after all. In addition to the risk of labor itself, she’s having a twin which doubles the already possible consequences that can always happen. He’s been thinking about all of these for months ever since they found out about Hansol and Hana. “Let go of my hand.” Jiwon’s breathy voice woke him up from his short trance.

“Oh, okay.” He immediately pulled his hand away from hers before bending down to look at her closely. “You need anything, hun?” he asked and her hair. Jiwon didn’t answer verbally and instead shook her head vigorously and gestured him to move away. “Sorry.” He walked to the other side and thought of rubbing her back. He could see how uncomfortable Jiwon is already and he hates how he can’t do anything about it.

“Baekhyun-ah, have you eaten? We’ll buy food.” Mr. Byun spoke. The old couple stood up and walked over to the bed. “Y-yes, he hasn’t eaten dinner. Tell him to. . .” Jiwon mumbled with her eyes closed. “Okay, sure. Don’t worry about anything and just relax, Jiwon-ah.” Mrs. Byun patted the woman’s leg gently before dragging her husband out. Baekhyun sat down on the stool and continued pressing his knuckles against Jiwon’s lower back realizing that she likes it, based on the light moans she’s letting out. “You’ll do great, baby. . .” He softly cooed and leaned close to plant a light kiss on her shoulder. “Here.” Jiwon harshly grabbed his fist and shifted it to a particular spot on her back making him stifle a chuckle.

 

 

A  F E W  H O U R S  L A T E R

 

1:45 A.M.

Baekhyun shot up wide awake when he felt the bed moving or trembling, rather. “Hey. . .” he immediately stood up and tucked Jiwon more under the blanket realizing she’s shivering. “Jiwon-ah, hey, you need something?’ He walked to the other side where she’s faced and cupped her trembling cheek, his heart raising in concern. Just then, one of her check-in nurse came back. “I’m not c-cold but. . .” Jiwon muffled and looked at him. Baekhyun looked at the nurse who stayed calm while checking Jiwon’s vital signs. “Relax, Mr. and Mrs. Byun. It’s normally just the nerves or hormonal fluctuation, there’s nothing to be worried about. Her vital signs are all normal. You’re doing good, Jiwon ssi.” The nurse explained with a smile.

“Are you sure, she looks like she’s dying.” Baekhyun hissed while running his fingers through his hair. “R-relax, yah. . .” Jiwon mumbled, her teeth-chattering a little bit.

Baekhyun collapsed back down his chair and stared at Jiwon. He could already feel his blood pressure rising. Jiwon’s eyes glued at the wall clock across them in the room. She’s starting to get more and more impatient but she decided to hold off on it more, encouraging herself deep inside. She glanced at her husband who looked so nervous and worried. For the first time in a while, she gave him a smile. “A little more, appa. . .” She managed to mumble out perfectly. Baekhyun buried his face down the little space on the bed and started breathing heavily.

Jiwon reached her hand on top of his head to pat him.

“Just relax. . . B-breathe in, breath out. . .”

 

4: 15 A.M.

“Ten centimeters, you’re ready for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter