Lesson Learned

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun just finished yet another meeting with the principal. He was assigned to find the best caterer they could hire for their upcoming Students’ Night while his other officers were designated to announce the very event to everyone, make flyers for it and hold a voting for the theme the students would like to have; the choices are Dark & Vampy, Hollywood Glam and Heavenly Sky. “Ugh, who even came up with Heavenly Sky.” Baekhyun muttered while looking down the printed itinerary and checklist of the whole event that his principal gave them. “It’s probably like all white or blue and heavenly kind of theme which is STUNNING.” One of his female officers chanted as they walk to the corridor. “Yeah and boring? Who’s coming with me to the catering agency? I already scheduled an appointment yesterday. It’s later after lunch time.” He replied while looking at each of them of them.

“We have to edit and print out the flyers.”

“The four of us are announcing it, sunbae.”

“We’re going to collect and tally the votes later this evening.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes hearing all their answers. “Of course, the hardest part is mine.” He grumbled before walking ahead. He believes arranging their business with the catering agency is the hardest part because it requires him to go out of the school and actually discuss everything in person, pretty much the whole success of the event lies in his decisions, including the food. He took his phone out to check if he has any text messages. A smile grew on his lips right away when he saw Jiwon’s name.

‘Still busy later. . .’

Baekhyun took a deep breath while tapping his forehead a few times. It’s actually been two days since Jiwon started her ‘project’ so he misses her to death. At the same time, it’s been two days since his new driver started working, it hasn’t been easy for him. His driver literally reports everything he does to his mom the moment they arrive home. He thought even if Jiwon were to come visit, he won’t be allowed anyway. “I miss you so much.” He mumbled to himself while staring down his phone, rereading their previous text messages as if he hasn’t read them before.

Just then, an imaginary light bulb lit up right before him.

“Wait, I’m going out of the school today.” He muttered, his grin coming back to his face once he realized the situation. The principal already excused him in three whole periods just in case he takes a long time in the caterer’s office. “Oh my god oh my god oh my god.” He chuckles while walking much faster this time. He felt like the heavens are still helping him see Jiwon. He arrived back in their classroom and automatically put on a straight face again when he realized everyone was quiet and be scolded by the teacher. He quietly went back to his seat with a stifled smile. This is their last subject before lunch break. “Did you really think I wouldn’t notice if seventy-five percent of you literally have the exact same research? Did you think I wouldn’t notice it if you changed a few words? Tell me honestly, who wrote their own researches?” The teacher asked sternly.

Baekhyun raised his hand right away together with a few more students, about ten to fifteen of them. “Okay, let’s say there’s about fifteen or less who did their own research but that doesn’t mean I won’t get you in trouble because the fifteen of these let the other fifteen copy their work. And you think you’re so sneaky if you tell them to change some words?” The teacher asked while sarcastically laughing. Baekhyun raised his hand again. “I did not let anyone copy my work, sir. I can prove it.” He defended right away. “I know, Mr. Byun. Your research is too complicated to be copied anyway. You’re safe here just settle down to your seat and keep quiet.” The teacher assured him before glaring back down to the other students. He grinned proudly before giving the other students a disgusted look. He looked down to his desk and sighed in relief. He’s so excited to see her. Even if he’s still not sure how he will manage to see her today but he’s going to make sure that he would. For the past two days, their conversations through text hasn’t been the best, as if Jiwon is always tired and not in the mood the talk.

Up until now, he wonders if he really did something bad.

He did ask her yesterday but she said he didn’t do anything.

He hasn’t told her about Driver Hwang not being around anymore. He was scared that it will make her completely stop from visiting him.

Just then, he felt his phone vibrate. He sneakily took out his phone and hid it under his desk so he could read it. It’s from an unknown number.

‘Yah. It’s Kyungsoo. I’ll call you, you better answer you bastard.’

A disgruntled expression came out of him as he reread it in disbelief a few more times. “What the hell.” He mumbled, his blood starting to boil for the guy again. And just as the text message said, the same number started calling. “U-uh. . . Sir.” He hesitantly raised his hand making the teacher stop from his lecturing. “May I answer a phone call? It’s pretty important.” He asked polite while standing up. “Okay, make it quick.” The teacher allowed him without hesitation. He quickly rushed out of the classroom and answered the phone call in a very Baekhyun-ish way.

“Who allowed you to ‘yah’ me and call me a bastard?”

“I don’t have time to argue. I’m calling you because you’re getting on my nerves, okay? Have you ever thought of visiting Jiwon instead since she’s not doing it? How much of an are you, really huh?”

He glared in space as if the guy was there. “Excuse me? First of all, that is certainly not your business and second, how can we see each other if she’s really busy? I understand her as I am busy myself so you don’t have any right to interrogate me for what I do with my girlfriend.” He argued back. “Idiot. We really don’t have a project. She just wants to see if you’re willing to make an effort for her as much as she does for you. And so far, you haven’t.” Kyungsoo admitted leaving Baekhyun silent. “R-really?” He managed to ask with a cracked voice. He can’t believe he didn’t get the signals.

He remembered Jiwon’s text yesterday. She told him their school’s garden is a really nice place to hang out with. Another signal is when she straight on said that she’s having a break on the project and was having some fresh air on their school’s field all alone and that it makes her want to eat teokkbokki.

All of those, he ignored.

He thought she was just simply making a conversation like always.

“I will admit, it’s my fault. I was the one who suggested it but I thought you were going to give in easily and go to her. I was the one who put the idea into her head and I regret it now because I realized you don’t really care as much as I thought you do.” Kyungsoo explained truthfully. Baekhyun clenched his fist on his side. “I didn’t want to tell you because that would seem forced if you finally do it after I told you but I just couldn’t hold it in anymore, I saw her crying earlier. She tried to hide it but she in hiding her pain.” He added. “S-she’s crying?” Baekhyun asked, he could barely open his mouth anymore. The thought of Jiwon crying terrified him. Kyungsoo groaned on the other line before answering. “Yes, she left on our second period leaving all of her things including her phone. Ever since she met you, she hasn’t cut any classes but this is the first time that she did it again so I knew there’s something wrong. I followed her and saw her crying alone in the field, she’s still in there right now, I have all of her things with me. She’s probably gunna stay there ‘til lunch break.” He replied, taking a deep breath. Baekhyun closed his eyes tightly, guilt rushing through his veins. He never meant to hurt her in any way.

“I seriously want to punch you right now, you know that? I cannot believe that after being official with her, you can still be so dense. You’re dating her for god’s sake, she’s not just some stalker anymore. I didn’t give way for her to be treated like this, man up and do your ing job as a boyfriend. Don’t wait for me to step up because you won’t like it.” Kyungsoo straight on told him off before hanging up. Baekhyun’s hand weakly dropped to his side as soon as the call ended.

He realized he still has a lot to learn on how to take care of his woman.

He hated himself for not realizing anything and had to be told off by Kyungsoo.

He went back into their classroom but remained standing beside his desk while looking straight at his teacher. “Sit down, Mr. Byun and take down notes. These terminologies aren’t in your text books so make sure to have it in your notes. I will include this in your quiz tomorrow, this is what you all get for cheating. I’m not giving any exemptions, I have reached my limit.” The teacher sternly replied before turning back to the white board to continue writing but Baekhyun only started putting all of his things in his bag, some of the students closest to his seat stared at him confusion, although no one dared to ask him why. He held his backpack right behind him to hide it before raising his hand. “Sir, may I go to my office and get something?” he asked sounding weak all of a sudden. The teacher turned around while raising an eyebrow. “You’ve been excusing yourself too many times today since we started class, Mr. Byun. Settle down to your seat and take down notes first, we have thirty more minutes. Be patient.” The teacher declined.

“Thank you, Sir.” Baekhyun bowed politely before walking out of the classroom leaving the teacher and the students stunned and confused. “W-where did he go? I did not let him go out.” The teacher asked with a frown. The students simply murmured at each other, surprised at how their president just left like that for the very first time. “Aigoo.” The teacher tapped his hand on the table while staring at the door still quite surprised at the boy’s sudden actions. “Did he hear what I said?” He asked himself before looking to his students. “H-he probably didn’t, sir. He looked rather tired and stressed out.” Hoon, Baekhyun’s friend, tried to defend even if he didn’t know why the guy did that. “Like he’s dead inside.” He added earning laughter from the students. The teacher sighed while shaking his head. “The principal needs to cut him some slack, poor kid. Anyway, continue and I’ll just talk to him later.” He said before continuing on writing the notes.

 

 

“Okay, now lend me a bus pass.”

His officer, Joohyun blinked while looking at him. “I d-don’t take busses too.” The boy answered while scratching his neck. “Aish. . .” Baekhyun tapped his forehead while groaning. “But I have coins, I guess I could give you some.” Joohyun added, fortunately, finally making the president smile. “You can just take a cab, you know.” Joohyun suggested while taking out some coins from his pocket. “This is more convenient. I have some bills on my table in the office, I keep it for emergency use. Grab the same a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter