Can't Imagine

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Grinning with anticipation, Baekhyun silently watched Soyeon grab a set of pillows and blankets from the storage. Since the scandal occurred three days ago, he hasn’t gone to visit Jiwon. Tonight, however, was an exception. He eventually gave up and went to see her. “Yah, don’t do naughty things in my house, okay?” Soyeon shoved the pillows and blankets to him and he caught them with his arms right away. Baekhyun responded with a snort before turning around, only to be welcomed by Jiwon just getting out of her room. “You’re here?” She chuckled in amusement before rushing over to him.

“Oh yes, I am. Any problem with that?~”

Their bodies met inches apart and Baekhyun immediately leaned down for a kiss until Soyeon’s hand came right in between their mouths. “My son is right there, you goofs.” She grunted before pointing at the living room. Sunwoo was sitting on the couch while staring right at them. “Ugh, let’s go to your room.” Baekhyun groaned and grabbed Jiwon’s hand with his free hand. “Yah yah yah, you’re sleeping on the couch you said.” Soyeon demanded again, being as protective over Jiwon as ever. “What the—your son is there and it’s not even bedtime yet. Geez.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes before dragging Jiwon who’s silently sniggering at the two. As soon as they were in the room, Baekhyun closed the door behind him while grinning. He dropped the pillows and blanket down on the floor before pulling Jiwon’s body close to his.

“I missed you.” He muttered and buried his face on the crook of her neck, enjoying the sensation of her touch that he missed so much. “You didn’t have to go here, you know. I understand that you and Soojin are still letting the news die down, I know the industry well enough.” Jiwon muffled in concern but she hugged back nevertheless. Baekhyun moved his head away just enough for him to glare down at her. “Oh wow, a new way to say I miss you too, huh?” He mocked while showing a sulky expression. Jiwon hit him on the arm while smiling in defeat. “Yah, I haven’t forgiven you for standing up for our relationship all alone. We agreed that we’ll do it together, your parents might think I don’t have the balls to go tell them myself.” She changed the topic to argue.

Baekhyun scoffed. “Honey, you really don’t have balls anyway. Don’t even argue.”

He received another smack on his tummy because of what he said. He let go from the hug this time while pointing at her. “Aish, you never changed.” He grunted before walking to the bed. A smile eventually climbed back up to his lips while shaking his head in amusement. “Well then, what’s the plan? You must have a plan since you came to visit me, right?” Jiwon turned around and watched him as he comfortably flopped right down on her bed. He turned his head so he could look at her direction. “I love you. . .” He randomly breathed while casually fiddling with the surface of the bed comforter. Jiwon broke into a soft chuckle while rolling her eyes, finding him adorable. She walked over to the bed and nudged his legs that were still hanging out of the bed. “So you’re just here to love me?” She asked as if talking to a kid.

Baekhyun sat up and curled his arms around her waist. “We should. . . sneak out and eat street food?” He mumbled still debating with his own head whether or not it’s a great idea. Jiwon put both hands on his face and pressed his cheeks to the center distorting his face a little, creating a funny expression from him. “Let’s not make everything worse for Soojin for now, okay?” She declined before pushing his arms off of her waist so she could sit beside him. “Let’s stay here and talk.” She added with a smile. Baekhyun looked back at her judgingly. “Are you sure that’s the only thing you want to do?” He asked and slowly put his arms up to his chest, seemingly covering it in defense.

“What the—yah!”

The couple were interrupted by a knock. “Ugh, come in!” Baekhyun groaned and folded his arms like a sulky child. The door opened and it was Sunwoo. “Oh, hey there Sunwoo.” Jiwon waved a hand at the kid who immediately skipped to the bed and stopped just in front of her, putting his hands on her lap for support. “Woah?” Baekhyun gasped in surprise, seeing this new side of Sunwoo. The kid was never really affectionate to anyone else besides his parents. “Eomma’s cookies are done, noona. Let’s go and eat together.” Sunwoo offered with his growing smile. Baekhyun could see the glow in his eyes while looking at Jiwon which greatly caught him off-guard. “Oh? I think someone’s having a crush on someone?” He teased making the kid look back at him.

“N-no. . .” He shook his head eagerly before running out of the room again. “Aish, you embarrassed the kid.” Jiwon nudged him before standing up. Baekhyun followed behind while tugging on her shoulders like a kid playing train. “Oh, by the way.” Jiwon made an abrupt turn just before they could get out of the room. Baekhyun smiled cheekily and trapped her right on the closed door. “Yes, ‘hun?” He asked. Jiwon gulped hard, her eyes tracing down every detail of his lips pulling off that beautiful smile. “I-I still want to talk to your mom personally, we s-should. . . arrange a meeting with her this week.” She managed to say what she wanted to say although stammering. “Sure, what about your aunty? Have you told her?” Baekhyun asked back, completely erasing the throbbing sensation on her chest for a while. She forgot to mention this one thing to him. Since getting back with him four days ago, they haven’t talked about any personal stuff. “Uhm, about that, I should have told you but I didn’t want to tell you through text or call. I wanted to tell you personally that. . . she’s gone.” Jiwon answered before taking a deep breath and forcing a smile.

Baekhyun lost his smile and his hand that was on the door dropped back to his side.

“Two years ago, s-she fought cancer and eventually. . . lost.” Jiwon added before looking down, randomly fiddling with the ends of Baekhyun’s tie to hide her discomfort. To her surprise, she was pulled in for a tight hug. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you during those times, it must be hard for you.” He muttered while placing gentle kissing on the side of her head. It finally made her smile sincerely as she hugged back. “Well t-that’s one thing I’d still want to thank Kyungsoo about. . . I’m sure he didn’t leave you during those times at all.” He suddenly added making Jiwon frown again. She let go of the hug and looked at him. “I-I don’t want to talk about him right now.” She mumbled.

Baekhyun sighed and cupped her face.

“He may have ed us up really hard but. . . this past few days I’m starting to realize that he only did it because he loved you too much that it turned unhealthy. I still want an apology from him but at the same time, I wouldn’t force him to. It will take time for you two to heal.” He spoke sincerely. Jiwon walked back to the bed and sat down again. Baekhyun turned around and leaned on the door this time. “Oh c’mon, tell me you didn’t love him back at some point. Let’s admit it, you could have ended up together if we didn’t meet again and find out about the truth. Right? No matter how much we turn things around, he’s still a big part of your life, Jiwon-ah. . . and I’m not mad about that as long as I know he took care of you when I couldn’t.” He said.

Jiwon chuckled in confusion. “If anyone, you should be the first person to get mad at him or even at me as well. I admit I ed up too, half of what happened were my own decisions. I’m also at fault of how these all happened but you. . . all you did was t-try to fight for us. Aren’t you mad at him for lying to you?” She asked. Baekhyun sighed and stared in space. “I guess my mind and heart are more focused on the fact that I lost so much time with you more than the fact that he was the reason for it. Also. . . I’m just tired of getting mad at people, like for God’s sake, I just want to be happy. And having you now is what matters to me.” He replied.

It was silent in the room for a moment.

The two met eyes. Baekhyun smiled and gestured her to come to him. Jiwon stood up immediately and skipped to him. “I like how mature you’ve become.” She hushed and wrapped her arms around his waist. “You asked for it, Baymax. Now you get it.” Baekhyun mocked before pressing his lips against hers for a chaste kiss. “Let’s go before Sunwoo comes again.” He added and finally opened the door and dragged her out. “So when are you available to meet up with mom? Have you fixed your with that ty Dispatch? You left already, right? You want tomorrow?” He spoke as they walk out of the bedroom hallway.

Their eyes landed on the living room, particularly to the person sitting on the couch together with Soyeon and Sunwoo.

“O-or today.” Baekhyun gulped while holding his smile when he met eyes with his mother. Jiwon unknowingly pulled her hand away from Baekhyun’s grip as she looked at the old woman. Without further ado, Jiwon walked over to the living room and bowed politely. Baekhyun casually followed and just waved a hand at his mother. “It’s been a while, Jiwon ssi.” Mrs. Byun distantly greeted wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter