Sympathy or Positivity?

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After taking care of her application at Arirang Station, Jiwon drove straight to Adam&Eve to pay Soojin a visit. “Ooh—I need to pee.” She rushed to the store. “Oh?~ Unni!” Soojin spotted her right away from the counter and ran to her for a hug. “Yea yea—wait, give me a sec, I need to go to the washroom.” Jiwon grinned and ran straight to Soojin’s office, to her own washroom there. Soojin giggled while following behind. “Unni, I told you we can just meet up at a café or something, I still have work. I’ll be staying til we close.” She spoke while clearing up her messy office table. “Don’t bother, I just came from the station anyway. It was pretty close here so yeah.” Jiwon answered from inside.

She came out of the washroom while sighing in satisfaction. “Jesus, I should have done that in the station. I literally held that until I was here.” She laughed before walking to the other corner at the armchair to sit down. “So how was your application going, unni? You think you’re gunna get approved?” Soojin asked while twirling her office chair like a child. “Getting approved for the training and evaluation is pretty much a given but being chosen as a newscaster later on after all the is another story.” Jiwon simply explained while rubbing her tummy.

“I’m sure you’ll get it. You have that newscaster vibe in you!”

Jiwon scowled at the woman’s random compliment, not wanting to believe it. “I heard a lot of newscaster nowadays get the positions because of their family history. Even you can probably be a newscaster cause your family’s known. I don’t have that. Well, of course, now it’s Baekhyun but I’d rather not mention being married to him, I don’t want to use him to get it.” She explained. Soojin nodded in agreement. “Yes! I know you can get it with your own hands, unni. I have faith in you.” She chanted and clapped her hands.

“Anyway~ let’s change the topic. How’s life, baby girl? Dating anyone at the moment?”

Trying hard to maintain a clueless face, Jiwon smiled while crossing her legs comfortably. “Oh. . . No, I’m not dating anyone right now, unni. I j-just don’t have the time.” Soojin timidly replied while blinking rapidly. “Don’t tell me you still like that stick model?” Jiwon smirked back earning a disgruntled look from her. Soojin eagerly shook her head, even waving her hands along for more emphasis. “Oh no no no~ I don't, unni. I have completely gotten over him. Not even a tad bit feeling now.” She explained before looking down to her lap, nervously fiddling with the sequence on her skirt.

“Oh really? How’d you deal with it? I mean knowing how much you liked that , it must have been hard to move on from him unless you find someone better.”

Soojin timidly looked at the girl and shook her head. “N-not yet, I think. . .” She answered. Jiwon enjoyed making her uncomfortable, she’s aiming to get the truth out right from this time, even though she already knew about it. “Hey, you should move on baby girl. Even Kyungsoo have moved on. He can curse at me again, so I’m sure he has moved on.” Jiwon mentioned Kyungsoo just to try and trigger her. “H-he has?” Soojin asked, quite a shock on her tone.

“I think so. We even went out the other day. I mean it’s been months and it wasn’t an entirely healthy relationship, you know that. I won’t be shocked if he’s secretly liking on someone right now, he hasn’t told me any name though but he looks different.”

Soojin gulped while clasping her hands together. The heat climbed up to her cheeks, memories of that particular night flashed in her mind. “G-good for him then.” She managed to respond while nibbling on her bottom lip. “By the way.” Jiwon leaned more to the chair and folded her arms. “I have always been curious, how’d you convince him to walk me down the aisle? I wasn’t even expecting him to come in the first place, knowing our history. Are you friends now?” She asked with her growing smile.

Gulp. Soojin could not make up the right words to say.

“Y-yeah, it’s because we’ve been working on the same agency. That’s it. Oh, by the way unni~” She stood up and rubbed her palms together. “I’ve always wanted to dress you up. You should pick some clothes, I’ll give them to you as a gift!” She added before rushing out of the office first. Jiwon smirked before following out. “Oh really? You mean you still meet up after you were done with the concerts? You said you want to focus on your store more from now on, right?” She continued interrogating while Soojin digs into the dress rack at one side of the store.

“W-well, I mean when I was working there. But of course, we don’t see each other anymore. We’re just like. . . acquaintances, unni.”

“Hmm, acquaintances. . . that’s nice.” Jiwon slowly nodded while fighting the urge to spill the beans out. She was about to continue on with the interrogation when a familiar figure passed by the store making her turn to the glass walls. “Could you just pick the clothes for me, I just need to get something in my car.” She tapped Soojin and immediately walked out of the store to check who it was. She went to the parking lot and saw the same figure getting into a car that was also familiar to her eyes.

“Y-yah—Kyungsoo!”

The figure wearing all black and with the hoodie on slowly turned. “.” She heard him speak making her confirm it even more. “What the hell are you doing here?” She ran over to him and peeked at his face. “I-I went to the café a few blocks from here, t-there was no other parking there so I parked here.” Kyungsoo explained immediately while rubbing the tip of his nose. Jiwon looked around, all of the stores around them were clothing stores, the only café was like a four-minute drive from where they are right now. “Oh, off, can you at least give a better excuse than that?” She mocked and folded her arms.

Finally, Kyungsoo’s stiff shoulders loosened up as he leaned against his car.

“I was. . . I was just checking on her.”

A small smile climbed up to Jiwon’s lips as she looked at her best friend. “It wasn’t s-something serious or whatever, I just—I just feel bad about what happened until now. I don’t know what to do about the guilt.” He added while looking everywhere but to Jiwon. “I mean. . .” Kyungsoo cleared his throat and tried his best to look at her this time. “I know for the past months, she’s been trying to get close; her intentions were pure though stupid. She wanted to be friends and help me find a girlfriend but I shooed her away the whole time. And the only time that I didn’t, I e-even had to take away something special from her. S-she told me, it was her. . . first time.” He explained. Redness forming on his cheeks and ears.

“Then why don’t you say sorry?”

“I did, okay? I did the next morning. I also did when she forced me to walk you down the aisle, I said sorry every time we would meet, believe it or not.”

“But?”

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and slowly shook his head. “But what? There’s no but, I just explained myself.” He replied. Jiwon rolled her eyes and lightly punched him on the shoulder. “But you still check on her after saying sorry to her many times, because?” She chuckled. Kyungsoo pulled down his hoodie and messed his hair up. “Don’t mistaken my actions for something else, Jiwon. I’m merely checking on her out of guilt.” He said and turned to his car door and opened it, ready to leave.

“Are you starting to care for her?”

Kyungsoo stopped and broke into a light chuckle. “Psh, you know me well, Jiwon. I don’t like childish girls.” He defended immediately. “Exactly. I know you well, Kyungsoo. I know childish and cute girls like her is not your style. I know you hate doing aegyo and seeing aegyo from other people and she always does aegyo without even trying. I also know that if you dislike something or someone, you won’t waste your time to see or check on them SECRETLY like you obviously did just now.” Jiwon frankly spoke, giving emphasis to her every point.

“Fine, what do you want me to say? That I’m starting to care for her. YES, here we go again with my stupid feelings. I’m falling for someone who won’t feel the same again?”

Jiwon’s lips parted in surprise when he mentioned the word falling. She was not expecting that at all. A smile grew on her lips as she watched Kyungsoo frown, realizing what he just said. “I-I mean not fall like. . . fall in love. I was just comparing it to h-how I used to care for you, which I still do. I mean, no. It’s not like that.” He immediately explained while shaking his head eagerly. “Kyungsoo-yah, you can fall if you want to fall again. A-are you scared that it’s just going to be another one-sided thing?” Jiwon sincerely asked while rubbing his arm.

“I-it’s not possible though, I spent such a long time being in love with you, okay? There is no way I’ll be able to move on from you this fast. I don’t want to assume things and then regret it later on.”

Jiwon cupped his face. “Kyungsoo-yah, I know we have hurt each other, I know you hoped for so much from me. You got used to having only me in your heart for the longest time but. . . don’t you think you’re just scared to acknowledge that it’s actually possible that. . . I’m not the one in there anymore? It’s not a bad thing, Kyung-ah.” She muttered softly. “You’ve been looking at the wrong girl for so long. Why don’t you. . . give this a shot? What if she’s the right girl to look at this time?” She gave the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter