Mutual, Not Mutual

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you okay? You got me worried sick, Jiwon-ah. . .”

Looking over to him, Jiwon smiles seeing his face. “I-I’m okay.” She mumbles with her eyes half-opened. She felt his warm hand cupping her cheeks. “I hate seeing you sick. . . please, take care of yourself better, okay?” He asks with his very worried eyes. Her smile gets wider while reaching for his hand that was still on her face. “B-baekhyun-ah. . .” She calls out softly with her chest pounding hard.

“It’s Kyungsoo. . .”

Upon hearing the name, she was automatically woken up from her short hallucination. She closes her eyes tightly for a matter of seconds before looking over to him again, seeing his best friend’s face this time. “Oh, I-I thought—he was with me, wasn’t he? He even carried me, where is he?” She asks in disappointment while looking around with her still blurry eyes. Kyungsoo looks away while running his hand through his hair. She carefully pulls herself up while blinking hard. “Did he leave already?” She asks while tugging on Kyungsoo’s arm. “He did six hours ago right after dropping you off. I was the one who took care of you together with Aunt Hayoung. She’s sleeping now though.” Kyungsoo replies before looking down to her. A smile comes back to her face after hearing what he said. “S-so. . . so he did take me to the clinic and then drove me home?” She asks before putting her knuckles up to , trying to supress the urge to squeal.

Glancing at the clock, she lost the smile once again.

“W-wait, it’s already eleven in the evening, why are you still here?” She asks. “I need to make sure you feel better first. What’s the point of going home if I won’t be able to sleep out of worry?” Kyungsoo replies before tapping her forehead lightly. “So, stop being stubborn and listen to me and your aunt. You should have just taken a rest.” He scolds making Jiwon pout while rubbing her forehead. “But. . .” She clears while scratching her head. “What did he say? Did he look worried? C’mon, tell me the details~” She grins while tugging on his sleeves again. Kyungsoo flicks his tongue in irritation before standing up making her let go. “No, he didn’t look worried about you. He was more worried about himself.” He replies making her frown.

“H-he wouldn’t go all the way of carrying me to the clinic and then driving me home if it’s only for himself. . . I was barely conscious but I could remember a bit of what he did, I told you he’s actually really kind deep inside.” She tries to convince herself. Kyungsoo suddenly turns around with a big frown. “Could you stop lying to yourself? That guy doesn’t care about you, he only cares about himself. This, all this happened because of you following him around. You’re getting tired and sick for nothing.” He suddenly bursts making Jiwon silent. Kyungsoo takes a deep breath before walking back to the bed and sit just close enough to her side. “Come here. . .” He went soft right away while reaching for her forehead. “You still have fever, don’t go to school tomorrow. Just take a rest, okay? I’m not taking no for an answer.” He adds.

Jiwon looks away still frowning. “I don’t think I’m doing this for nothing. I could feel it and I won’t just give up, I really like him. It really hurts when I have to hear all these from my best friend.” She replies before looking back at him. “Have you ever liked someone so much that. . . you’re willing to wait and endlessly hope for them to see you?” She asks making Kyungsoo look down to his lap. “You don’t know anything.” He replies solemnly before standing up, ready to walk away. “Stop treating me like a child because I’m not. I know what I could and couldn’t feel, I’m not stupid. Even if you’re my best friend, you have no say on my feelings.” Jiwon argues back making him stop.

“I know. I know I will never have a say on your feelings because if I do, things could have been different.”

Jiwon watches as her best friend walks out of the room. It really disappoints her that Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to support her on this. She admits that she’s taking it way too seriously but it’s just how she is and she expected Kyungsoo to know and understand her very well.

After walking out of the room, Kyungsoo went to the kitchen to get the stew he brought for her earlier. He originally came by to visit her knowing that she was sick. He had to wait outside the house for almost an hour since Aunt Hayoung was still at work earlier. That’s when Jiwon arrived with Baekhyun. He puts it in the microwave to heat it up before leaning on the counter. He replays his won words in his head as he stares blankly into space. “Would things really be different. . .” he asks himself, all kinds of scenarios playing in his head. What if he had told her about his feelings earlier, would she stay by his side or would she completely disappear? The latter scares him to death that he would rather hold it in. He thought he never had to rush, he thought he had all the time to do it anytime he thinks he’s ready.

He didn’t think Jiwon would meet a guy who could completely take away the very little chance he had.

After heating it up, he takes it out of the microwave, even hissing when he unconsciously grabbed the hot container. “Oh, you’re still here. . .” He hears his best friend’s voice from behind. “I’ll leave after you eat this.” He answers before carefully placing it down the counter. He opens the cupboard and was about to grab a bowl when he felt a hug from behind. His chest pounds really fast feeling her warmth against his body. “I really don’t like it when we fight, I want you to understand how I feel. It bothers me when my only best friend doesn’t approve of what I feel. . . it makes me insecure and want to stop it but I don’t want to stop. Please, support me on this. I know I’m a little too extra but I’m trying my best and I promise it’ll have good results later in the future, just believe in me, hm?” She muffles right on his shirt. He sighs heavily while looking up. He closes the cupboard again to hold on her hands that were clasped tightly on his tummy.

He unclasped her hands from his waist before turning around to face her. She automatically looks up with her puppy eyes. “Please, you’re like a family to me. And don’t you feel really bad when a family member doesn’t approve of your choices?” She asks. Kyungsoo felt the familiar sting on his chest upon hearing that but he still responded with a smile. “Never have I ever tried controlling how you feel, you know that. I just. . .” He muffles while staring into her eyes. No, he can’t do it. He can’t do it right now. He reaches over to her head to ruffle her hair. “It’s just that I’ve always seen you as a boy so it feels weird that you’re liking on a boy right now.” He chooses to joke around, like always.

“Ais—yah!” Jiwon hisses while hitting him on the chest. He laughs before pushing her gently to the dining table. “C’mon, just eat, take some meds then go to bed. Promise me you’ll go straight to bed. You still have fever, don’t use up all your energy for stupid .” He scolds before walking back to the kitchen to get the bowl. Jiwon looks over to his direction with a smile. “I wish you were my real brother. I mean. . . I feel like you’re a real brother to me but sometimes I wish it was true, it must feel amazing.” She speaks making Kyungsoo purse his lips together tightly, enduring the pain that’s building up in his system once again.

“Of course~” he briefly replies enthusiastically while gulping hard. “T-that’s why whoever ends up being your boyfriend needs to beat me first. No one can love you better than I do.” He adds, his voice getting softer by the end of his sentence. “Huh?” Jiwon asks not hearing all of it. “I said, no one can cook better than I do. Just look at this masterpiece.” He turns around holding the bowl. “As soon as I got home, I cooked this with my mom and went here. I’m not just your brother, I’m also your caregiver.” He boasts despite the pain. He places it down to the table before rushing to the couch to grab his backpack, not wanting to look at her right now. “Thank you, Kyungsoo-yah. You’re the bestest best friend. I love you~” Jiwon says like the usual while watching him walk to the door. Kyungsoo briefly turns giving her a thumbs-up before walking straight out of the house as casually as possible.

He walks out of the gates and waited at the nearest bus stop.

While seating on the bench inside the shed, he leaned on its cold wall; he had his fingertips in his mouth, nibbling on his nails – his habit whenever he’s extremely anxious.

“She’s happy, that’s all the matters to you, Kyungsoo. L-let’s keep it that way for now. . .”

 

T H E  N E X T  D A Y

 

“Oh, you’re home pretty early, not busy?”

Baekhyun gave Soyeon a light nod before walking over to the fridge to get a bottle of water. “You look like someone died, what’s wrong?” Soyeon asks before walking to him, touching his forehead. “You’re not sick, what’s up with the sulky face?” She asks but Baekhyun just turned around and walked away. “Wah, seriously, this kid. Yah, I’m talking to you, hm?” Soyeon follows behind until they arrived in his room. “I’m tired, go away noona.” He groans while walking to the bathroom. Just then, Soyeon’s eyes landed on the pink box on his study desk. It reminded her of the woman’s perfume that she saw in the backseat of one of their service car. She asked Driver Hwang about it and he didn’t have a choice but to admit it only to her.

A smile forms on her lips.

“Baekhyunnie~ noona wants to talk to you.” She calls out while peeking at the bathroom door which was halfway open. He was brushing his teeth. “Leave me alone.” Baekhyun mumbles out incoherently while harshly brushing his teeth. “I’ll leave after you tell me about this girl.”  Soyeon coos and as fast as lightning,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter