Second

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“O-oppa, are you okay?”

Soojin peeked at Baekhyun who was silently driving. They survived a very awkward and silent dinner, something that was definitely not a part of Soojin’s plan of playing ‘cupid’ because she initially didn’t even ask Kyungsoo to come along. “About the bracelet. . . oppa, why does unni seem to know about it?” Soojin asked although she already had an idea about it. A sigh came out of Baekhyun as he tilted his head on the other side, with his eyes still glued down the road. “I gave it to her as a gift. Then. . . things happened, she made me wear it when I was in a coma, like a lucky charm of some sort. And then more things happened that I couldn’t give it back to her anymore.” He admitted, his voice showed a tinge or remorse.  “I-I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have mentioned it being your lucky charm then. . . I think it was my fault that things got awkward after that.” Soojin apologized while puckering her lips in guilt.

“No. . . even if you hadn’t said anything, things would have been the same. She still saw it.”

A bitter chuckle escaped his lips. “I must have looked so pathetic to her, seeing me with such cheap stupid bracelet I got from the side streets.” He muttered. Soojin shook her head eagerly and hit him lightly with her small knuckles. “I don’t think she finds you pathetic, she looked surprised but it’s a good kind of surprised. And it’s not a cheap stupid bracelet because it means a lot to the both of you, it’s worth more than any amount, right Oppa?” She beamed positively making Baekhyun smile a bit. “Yah, don’t lure me into this. I’m still not playing along your cupid tactics okay. It won’t work.” He laughed.

“Oops, y-you’ve figured it out Oppa?”

Baekhyun briefly moving his eyes from the road to gaze at her. “Heol, were you trying to hide it? Cause I think you’re too obvious.” He laughed. Soojin sulked on her seat and folded her arms. “I just wanted you to be happy, Oppa.” She defended. Baekhyun removed one hand from the steering wheel to place it on top of Soojin’s on her lap. “I’m happy, you make me happy, hm?” He assured her. “Eeh~ see this—this doesn’t feel right at all, Oppa stop pretending like you love me romantically. . . we’re like siblings.” She whined like a child only earning another snigger from Baekhyun. “Do siblings kiss each other on the lips and cuddle?” He asked back.

“Eeeh~ but you initiated it and I was open to it at first but then I never saw a spark between us and I know you’re the same, Oppa. . . especially now.”

“Especially now, what?” Baekhyun asked already losing his smile. He cleared his throat and tried to chuckle it out again. “Oppa, we can agree that her ahjusshi boyfriend is not very nice. Right?” Soojin muttered with forming an ‘o’ as if trying to persuade him into the thought even more. Baekhyun wanted to agree. He had never seen Kyungsoo be that harsh to Jiwon. If anything, he even thinks Kyungsoo has always been the gentlest when it comes to Jiwon, even more gentle that he was. But the Do Kyungsoo that he saw tonight was full of distress and insecurity, it was evident in his eyes and in his actions. “He used to be really nice, actually. We always argued before but I’ve always known him as a nice guy. I guess things really do change. Time changes people.” He replied.

“I don’t know Oppa. He looks so protective over Jiwon unni, like he will get jealous over ANYONE who talks to unni, even to me maybe. I don’t like hating on people but Ahjusshi isn’t very nice at all.” Soojin continued whining. “Yah, why do you keep calling him ahjusshi, he’s the same age as Jiwon and I.” Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh in bewilderment. “I don’t know, he looks like one of those boring professors who wear ugly sweaters and thick glasses. He’s pretty scary, Oppa. . . He’s not ugly but he gives me this. . . mysterious vibe, like I can’t trust him?” Soojin whispered her last phrase as if Kyungsoo was there. Baekhyun stifled a laugh again while shaking his head at her silliness. “Or maybe I just really like you and Jiwon unni together. Oppa, pleaseeeee~” She suddenly squealed while rubbing her hands together. “Wha—please what? Oh my god, Soojin. You’re my fiancée for God’s sake, why are you trying to throw me away to another woman?” Baekhyun laughed.

“I’m not throwing you away, Oppa. I’m trying to give you back. . . to her.”

He immediately stopped laughing and cleared his throat. “Oppa, you’ve been really nice to me for the past two years and I know you tried working things out between us and of course it did work out, but not in the way we wanted to. I’m not only doing this for myself, I’m doing this for you as your friend. We’re friends, right?” Soojin asked and held his hand back that’s still sitting on top of hers with her other hand. “Soojin-ah. . . Jiwon and I are done a long time ago. Besides, she looks happy with Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun hushed, his heart pounding painfully upon saying those words himself. “How do you know that she’s happy, oppa?” Soojin asked back leaving Baekhyun silent again.

He didn’t know how to answer this time.

Without saying any word, he suddenly turned the car the other way. “Woah~” Soojin squealed at the sudden motion. “Where are we going, Oppa?” She asked with her growing smile. “Let’s just hang out for a little more.” He said, vaguely answering her question.

Somehow, they ended up at the closest park Baekhyun spotted. “It’s pretty cold outside, you know.” Soojin mumbled not wanting to go out. “Yeah, we’re not going out. Let’s just stay here for a while. Maybe I’ll drive you home around. . . 10PM?” Baekhyun sighed, glancing at the time. The latest he had driven Soojin home was also 10PM and they still have about an hour to spend time together until then. He just didn’t feel like going home yet. “Why, oppa? You want to talk about it more?” Soojin asked and adjusted herself on the seat to face him better. “Can I? Can I really talk about it and be fine after?” Baekhyun asked while staring out the window. Soojin smiled and leaned her head sideways on the seat while staring at Baekhyun’s glistening eyes. The moon reflects on his face beautifully but it also makes the pain more visible in his eyes. “Oppa, are you scared?” She asked.

“Of what?”

Soojin sighed and turned to the window as well to look at the night sky. “To get hurt again if you ever try to fight for her?” She replied earning a solemn smile from Baekhyun. “Honestly. . . I am not scared of getting hurt at all. I’m more scared of hurting her again. . . and eventually making her give up like she did.” He finally admitted. He took the bracelet out and started it with his thumb. “We were not given a long time to take care of each other. . . and love each other.” He turned to Soojin with a smile. “But you know, I used to never fear that I’ll lose her. In just a short time, I was so sure of her I even started planning our future in my head.” He added.

He looked back down to the bracelet while shaking his head.

“In my age that time, I actually thought that the feeling was pretty dumb. That I just really didn’t know how to feel it the right way hence all the wrong decisions and behaviors I have made. . . when she left me, I remember regretting of ever meeting her cause like I said, I realized that the love we had was the dumbest feeling ever.” he leaned on the chair and sighed heavily. “But here I am, five years later. . . still feeling the same exact .” He muttered and closed his eyes. Soojin’s eyes lit up finally hearing it from him, after so many fail attempts of making him admit.

She was about to say something when she saw a tear trickling down Baekhyun’s cheek. His eyes remained closed and his expression was calm. Soojin covered and couldn’t utter a single thing, it was her first time seeing him cry. “Same ing feeling. . .” He hushed and started tapping his chest with his knuckles as if trying to rub it off of him. “O-oppa. . .” Soojin muttered, tears started forming in her eyes. She felt moved, it was her first time seeing a man crying over a woman. She only saw it in movies. Baekhyun covered his face with both hands this time as he took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, just give me a moment. Stay right there.” He chuckled and left the bracelet on his seat before getting out of the car, embarrassed of showing this side of him to Soojin.

Still shocked and crying, Soojin took her phone out.

She decided to call Jiwon while Baekhyun was outside. “Hello, unni?” She spoke as soon as the other line answered. “Oh? Soojinnie, are you guys home now?” Jiwon answered. “N-not yet. Are you?” Soojin asked while peeking at Baekhyun who was standing a few meters from the car while simply looking up the sky. “Yes, we had to rush home. Kyungsoo’s aunt just called on our way home, his uncle had a heart attack. He just changed and went straight to the hospital since his cousins are still out of town. I didn’t come along anymore ‘cause he might stay there to help and I need to work tomorrow.” Jiwon explained the situation. “O-oh, I hope his uncle gets well soon.” Soojin mumbled.

“Why do you sound so sad?”

“Huh? I-I’m not, I just. . .” Soojin looked over to Baekhyun’s direction again. “Hey, look. I’m sorry for earlier, I know you wanted to have a great time with us, it’s my fault. I’m sorry, Soojin-ah.” Jiwon apologized, guessing it was the reason. “Uh, unni?” Soojin called back inside. She cleared and took a deep breath. “Could you come to Haneul Park? It isn’t too far from the restaurant we went to.” She requested while nibbling with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter