Caught

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun took out his ‘pink box’ out of his bedside table drawer and placed it on his desk. He opened it and took out the Spongebob keychain. “Now where should I put you. . .” He muffled while thinking. He placed it down right beside his text book before standing up to get his backpack from the couch at the corner of his room. He carefully placed the keychain right on the biggest pocket of the bag before dropping it on the floor. He sat back down to his seat before continuing his study. Since he sneaked out yesterday, he doubled his study time today. He’s been in his room for almost the whole day, only coming out when he needs to eat. His parents just got home this morning and he was so relieved when they went to their work right after arriving, he didn’t have to worry of any interrogation or whatsoever.

“Where was I. . . World war—”

A knock came on his door making him turn. “Come in.” He answered before looking back down to his book. “May I interrupt you for a while?” He heard his brother’s voice making him completely stand up like a soldier. “A-about what?” He asked while trying to act casual but he failed to look him in the eyes. He’s still worried that Soyeon told him anything, he knows his sister-in-law very well. She can keep all kinds of secret to anyone but her husband.

He should have known but he was too desperate yesterday.

“Eomma wants me to bring you to the factory, just to give you a glimpse of how it works. Like a tour, if you will. Get ready. I’ll be waiting downstairs.” Baekbeom briefly informed him before getting out of the room again. Baekhyun sighed in much relief before walking to his closet to change just as he ordered. He remembers the last time his mother brought him in for a ‘tour’ in one of their businesses, he worked like an intern for a day and it was definitely NOT a tour. “Oh god, please don’t make me work in a factory.” He muffled with a worn-out tone while buttoning his shirt.

He lazily came out of his room while fixing his hair.

Walking downstairs, he took his phone out to check if Jiwon has left any messages yet. “This girl doesn’t like texting so much, I’m quite surprised.” He muffled to himself while chuckling. He’s actually the same, he would honestly prefer seeing her in person than just conversing through text. When he came down, he glanced over to the kitchen first hearing his nephew cry. He peeked in and saw Soyeon carrying the crying baby while Baebeom stood in front of her, they looked like they were bickering but in a whispered way. “Uhm, excuse me. Where’s my tour guide?” Baekhyun interrupted making them both turn. “I’ll be out in a second.” Baekbeom answered before turning to his wife again.

Baekhyun cleared his throat while leaning on the frame of the entrance.

“I know Sunwoo’s just a baby but I still think it’s traumatizing for him if he always sees his parents argue, right? I don’t know anything about parenting, just saying. At least. . . pretend that you are in love in front of him, look how upset he looks right now. He could probably feel the tension.” He spoke again while putting both hands up in defense. Soyeon let out a sigh before looking away. “He’s right, just go.” She mumbled before walking out. Baekbeom ran his fingers through his hair before walking out pass Baekhyun who followed behind right away. They arrived out and went straight into Baekbeom’s car. “Hyung, shouldn’t I be learning how to drive already? Some of my schoolmates already drive.” Baekhyun opened up a conversation as soon as the car started moving.

“It’s safer for you right now if you have a driver. Wait until you’re in a university. Eomma did the same to me.”

Baekhyun let out a sigh before chuckling. “Does she really want me safe or it’s just easier to control me that way.” He mumbled making his brother briefly glance at him. “Since when did you question eomma’s way of parenting?” Baekbeom asked back, quite surprised of the younger one. “I’m sorry, never mind.” Baekhyun lightly bowed before looking out the window. Baekbeom gazed at him again while shaking his head. Worry, evident in his eyes. It was silent between them for a moment until he decided to cut it off.

“I know.”

As soon as he said it, Baekhyun’s shoulders tensed up while covering his face with both hands. His hyung didn’t even have to say the actual thing, he already knew what he meant by that. “Oh my god, noona. . .” He muffled in frustration and fear combined. “She didn’t want me to tell you that I know, that’s why we were arguing earlier. Baekhyun-ah. . . your Soyeon noona can easily tell me about it because I’m the last person who would judge you, haven’t I told you that yet. I understand what you’re going through. Besides, I’m not that evil to tell anyone about this especially eomma.” Baekbeom explained. After hearing his explanation, Baekhyun softened up a bit while hesitantly gazing at his brother. “I-it’s nothing big anyway, I just went out with her, we had free tickets to that show so why not.” He explained. “Do you like this girl?” Baekbeom asked while glancing at the younger one briefly.

“If I said I do, will it make a difference?”

“Difference in what.”

Baekhyun sighed while staring in space. “Just like how you ended up, I’d probably have to let her go. . . even before I could have her. So, what’s the point.” He replied, his chest throbbing painfully as he let out those words himself. Baekbeom softened at what he said. Even if Soyeon didn’t tell him everything, he could have still noticed the big difference in Baekhyun for the past weeks. It brings him back to the past, his past that started just as innocent and sincere as Baekhyun’s. His past that he wished didn’t end up so terribly leaving him with the guilt on his back for all his life. “So, you do like her. How long have you known her?” Baekbeom replied earning a light smile from his brother.

“I wanna say a month but at the same time, I wanna say nine years.”

Baekbeom’s eyes squinted at his weird answer. “I mean I didn’t personally know her nine years ago but. . . she’s always been someone significant to a Byun Baekhyun. Going back. . . if she wasn’t present by my side at that time, I could have drowned and died. I wouldn’t be here right now if it wasn’t for that idiot after all.” Baekhyun revealed vaguely knowing his brother would figure it out right away. “Are you saying she’s the girl who saved you?” Baekbeom asked, his expression changing into a surprised one. Baekhyun leaned on the seat comfortably while chuckling. “Aside from her insane personality, that’s probably one more thing why I got hooked.” He mumbled while shaking his head in amusement of his own words. “That’s quite impressive, who would have thought you would meet your savior after so many years.” Baekbeom commented.

“That day she saved me was the last day of my freedom. And then one day, she came back chasing me around with that foolish attitude of hers. . . making me want my freedom back again.” Baekhyun solemnly explained. Baekbeom let out a sigh. “Eomma thought she would lose you that day, she started overdoing everything ever since. I know it got to the point that the things she does for us didn’t make sense anymore but we never really knew what that incident made her feel, Baekhyun.” He tried explaining maturely only earning a scoff from the youngest. “I don’t believe that that was her reason of doing all of these, it’s all because of business. She got addicted to work that she even sells her own children. I’m the next in the auction, she’s probably just waiting for the highest bidder now and she will sell me off soon.” Baekhyun mocked.

“Byun Baekhyun, she’s still our mother. “

“Then she should start acting like one.”

Baekbeom cannot believe he was hearing it from Baekhyun right now. It was awfully familiar. . .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter