Danger

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How are you and Jiwon lately?”

Baekhyun closed the book he was reading before looking at his sister-in-law. “It’s been hard, honestly. Ever since the new driver and the bodyguards, we just try to. . . sneak in to see each other even just for a few minutes. Right now, the only place that we can actually go to together that my bodyguards aren’t allowed in is the public library close to the school. Since the staff said they look too distracting and intimidating for the students and readers inside.” He explained. “Just tell me if you want to meet up on the weekends, I’ll figure it out for you, alright?” Soyeon offered while patting the young man’s arm. “I don’t know about that, eomma said as long as I am outside the house, the bodyguards are on duty, even if I’m with you. Remember when I went to the library last Saturday? They still came with me. Although like I said, they’re not allowed in there.”  He groaned before resting his head right on the study table. Soyeon didn’t know what else to say, neither does she understand her mother-in-law’s worsening approach towards Baekhyun. Not even Baekbeom knows what’s really going on.

It’s as if Mrs. Byun’s been having an OCD in protecting her youngest child.

“Your dad told me once, Eomma started being very protective of you when you almost died when you were a kid. He said that’s when she became so uptight to everything and everyone and wanted everything under her control.” Soyeon muttered while tapping her fingers on the table making the guy sit up straight again. “She protects me too much to the point that I don’t even feel safe around her anymore. It’s not funny.” Baekhyun replied while glaring in space. “Sometimes, I actually feel bad for her. Have you ever thought of what’s going through her mind?” Soyeon asked earning a frown from him. “I mean, yeah I know she’s overdoing it but. . . I don’t know, I don’t actually know what I’m saying. I’m sorry, I just really don’t know how to help you.” She mumbled, changing her mind in the end.

Baekhyun shook his head. “She’s been like that ever since I was really young, she was also like that to Baekbeom Hyung, it’s just that hyung rebelled while I haven’t. She can’t use that incident to have an excuse for literally taking my freedom away.” He explained while running his fingers through his hair. “You haven’t? You mean you have plans on rebelling?” Soyeon chuckled while shaking her head. “I’m just saying. . . I don’t know, okay? Aish. . .” Baekhyun groaned while staring down his phone screen, it’s a funny photo of Jiwon that he took the other day at the public library.

A smile formed on his lips as he stared at it. He used it as a wallpaper even if her face can’t be seen. Looking at her silly pose was enough to make him smile. “She hates it when people take pictures of her, she doesn’t have any idea how pretty she is.” He unknowingly muttered making Soyeon smile in amusement. “You really love her, don’t you?” She mumbled. It was silent for a while, Baekhyun responded with a sincere smile while rubbing his forehead. “I do. . . I really do that it’s even hard to look at her sometimes.” He answered in between chuckles.

“Aigoo, young love it is.” Soyeon sighed.

Adjusting himself on the chair, Baekhyun thought about his recent conversation with Jiwon. “Actually, the reason why we’ve been going to the public library is to really study together for the university entrance exam. She thought it would be a good idea if we’re able to go to the same university. She said she’s going to try her best to pass whatever university I would go to, so I’m helping her as much as I can.” He grinned like a kid. “What if she can’t? I mean. . . I’m a hundred percent sure you’re going to one of the best universities. You can do that effortlessly.” Soyeon asked while raising an eyebrow. “Well. . . does it matter if the university I go to is prestigious or not? I can go to any university I want to go to, right?” Baekhyun replied with uncertainty. “You can but. . . you think your mom will let you pick it yourself?” Soyeon asked while shaking her head. “It’s already given that she’d wan you to go to the prestigious ones. Worse case scenario, she might even send you overseas.” She added making the guy automatically frown.

“I-I don’t want to go anywhere.”

Soyeon just shrugged her shoulders not knowing what to say anymore. Baekhyun looked down as anxiety started filling his mind again. Just when he thought he already figured it all out with Jiwon. “And. . . Baekhyun-ah, what are you going to do if one day, sooner or later, eomma introduces you to someone for. . . you know.” Soyeon then asked. Baekhyun buried his face back on the table while shaking his head. “I don’t want to think about it, noona. Please. . .” He groaned making the woman flinch. “Sorry, I-I won’t mention it anymore.” Soyeon apologized before pursing her lips together in a tight line.

She decided to give the young man some space.

She left the library room and went to their bedroom instead. “Oh, you’re home.” She muttered when she saw Baekbeom untying his necktie while glancing at the windows. “I got picked up from work today, by Daesun and the three bodyguards.” He spoke making Soyeon stop from walking to the bathroom. “Eh? Didn’t you drive yourself to work?” She asked. Baekbeom turned to her with the same confused expression. “Yes, I did. They were driving right behind me on the way home.” He replied. Soyeon frowned while staring in space. “What—why?” She hissed while shaking her head. Baekbeom flopped down the edge of their bed and sighed. “I have no idea.” He replied while shaking his head. “How’s Baekhyun doing?” He changed the topic. Soyeon walked over to the bed and sat beside him.

“He and Jiwon seem fine. They still see each other quite often actually, he told me they meet at the public library and the place9 don’t allow his bodyguards in so it’s safe.”

Baekbeom shook his head while staring in space. “If he always does that and the bodyguards report it to eomma all the time, she might eventually find it strange. He shouldn’t be doing that.” He mumbled. “Eomma’s been getting paranoid of everything lately, I don’t know what’s wrong with her. Even in the company building, the security has been stricter all of a sudden.” He added making Soyeon frown even more. “Is there something wrong with your mother? Like I don’t want to sound really rude but. . . is she sick?” She asked hesitantly.

“She never really talks to us about personal things so I can’t tell. I think she’s just overreacting.”

 

 

Today, the student council had a short meeting and so Baekhyun could meet Jiwon in the field. They usually meet at the field whenever it’s easy for Baekhyun to make a lie about meetings and extend the actual time he needed before getting picked up. They also prefer meeting in the field more because they can talk as much as they want and be all loud like they always are. He settles himself on the higher level of the bleachers. He glanced at the field gate where Jiwon always goes into. “She should be here any minute.” He grinned while taking some books out of his bag.  He o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter