Thoughts

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Scenes from earlier continuously replayed in Jiwon’s mind while she curled herself up in a ball on one corner of her bed. “I still can’t believe it’s him. . .” She mumbled while chuckling in amazement. After Baekhyun had confessed about the drowning incident, he was called over from the school’s speaker by the principal. Baekhyun had to bid goodbye right after saying it and so she went straight home. Since then, she hasn’t felt the need to rest. Her mind was occupied with wonders of how was it ever possible to meet someone she has once saved out of kindness again in the present time, now as someone dearly special to her.

It was hard to believe.

She thought fate had played them big time. A tear escaped her eye and she quickly wiped it away. She grabbed her phone to check the time. It’s already 11:30PM, she thought the Students’ Night should be done pretty soon.  The only thing she could think of doing right now was to talk to him so she called him without further ado.

“Hey. . .”

A smile formed on her lips as soon as she heard his gentle voice. “Are you guys done? I don’t hear any loud music blasting.” She asked while hugging her knees together. “No, I just went out for a while. Everyone’s dancing inside, can you hear the slow music?” He asked. Jiwon closed her eyes as she tried to listen to the very faint sound from the other line. “Aigoo, this is every couple’s time to shine. Even my friends and officers have their own dates so I don’t see the reason why I need to stay on the stage and literally just watch everyone dance as pairs.” He chuckled haughtily. “Oh, that’s too bad. I should have come at this time instead.” Jiwon replied while sniggering.

“No, that’s okay. You should be sleeping by now—why are you still awake by the way?”

Jiwon bit on her bottom lip feeling embarrassed of her actual reason. “Just. . . I had coffee on my way back home so—yeah, I can’t sleep.” She beamed. Each day, she feels like their relationship is getting more intense and special that sometimes, it makes her so shy. She herself noticed the changes in the both of them. He makes her feel like a real lady and she hasn’t felt that from any other man before, not even from Kyungsoo. “Uh. . . Baekhyun-ah.” She timidly called while chuckling. “Yup.” Baekhyun reacted while letting out a deep sigh of relief, as if he’s stretching. “I’m going to be honest, I still think it’s ing awesome. . . that you’re that kid. Right?” She gave in and opened up about the drowning incident.

“Yeah, I honestly wouldn’t even know if you didn’t tell me the story.”

Jiwon took a deep breath. “You think. . . that’s the only reason why you liked me?” She asked. Another question that’s been bothering her since earlier. “Because. . . you were very thankful, like you said.” She added while nibbling with her bottom lip, trying to fight the rising anxiety inside of her. “Yah, why do you think like that?” Baekhyun groaned. She could already imagine him puckering his lips like a kid because of what she said. “You being my savior might have paved the way for me NOT to push you away anymore but that’s certainly not the reason why I fell for you. Yah, after all your hard work in seducing me, you’ll doubt the positive end result? That’s not right.” He grunted. Jiwon pouted while rolling her eyes.

“I didn’t even have to try that hard. . . you’re a pretty weak prey.”

“Wow—yah!”

Jiwon regained her smile because of his reaction. Baekhyun’s purity and honesty never fails to assure her in every way. In his own unique method, he always takes away the uncertainties in her head. Because of his bluntness, she never gets stuck and loaded up with worries. “I’m not weak, okay? You’re just. . . way too strong.” He muffled making her snigger like a kid. Just then, she heard a knock on her door. “Oops, Spongebobby, I think I woke up my aunt. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay?” She mumbled softly. “Sure, Baymax. Love you.” Baekhyun replied casually before hanging up first. “Yah—aish. . . didn’t even let me hang up first. What a gentleman.” She scorned while laughing before getting off her bed.

She unlocked her door and opened it while peeking her head out.

“Yes?” She grinned at her aunt as if she did something naughty. “Why are you still awake? Are you talking to Baekhyun?” Aunt Hayoung asked while holding a cup of coffee. “It’s Saturday tomorrow so it’s okay. . .” Jiwon pouted before stepping out. “Oh well, since you’re awake, could you help me with something. I was emailed by my old workplace in New York, I don’t know, I lost my reply?” Aunt Hayoung asked as she hauled her towards the living room. They both sat down the couch and bent down closer to the laptop placed on the coffee table. “What do you mean you lost your reply?” Jiwon asked while raising an eyebrow. “It said error when I tried to paste my document.” Aunt Hayoung replied with uncertainty.

“Oh, you can’t just copy and paste it, aunty. You need to click this one, this symbol clip thingy? And then it will let you pick whatever file you want to send.”

Jiwon did it for her before leaning on the couch comfortably. “How is Baekhyun by the way? Was he beaten up badly?” Aunt Hayoung asked with her eyes still glued down to the laptop. “Yeah, he had a few bruises around his face. That’s pretty dumb, I can’t believe someone could be beaten up just like that out of mistake.” Jiwon responded and folded her arms on her chest. “Well, I’m sure that student will be disciplined. Don’t worry.” The older woman assured her easily. “You know, I used to be a homeroom teacher of a lower level class and fist-fights happen like almost everyday. It was crazy how kids can be so violent at such a young age.” Aunt Hayoung shared a random story from the past. She then leaned on the couch as well and looked down to her niece. “And you know what’s sad? These kids have a lot in common. They have issues with their families, I felt really bad at that time whenever I’d have to talk to them.” She added. Jiwon chuckled while shaking her head.

“I used to be like that too when I was younger, right?”

“Aigoo, I know. You were a headache to me when you were in elementary to middle school but I couldn’t blame you. You were slowly getting aware of your surroundings, you were growing. Good thing Kyungsoo balanced you out a little bit and now you’re just completely different. Baekhyun isn’t such a bad influence after all.” Aunt Hayoung beamed. “Oh yeah, he’s the last person you would think of to be a bad influence. He’s not a student council president for nothing.” Jiwon proudly coos while snapping her fingers. “But like I’ve always told you. . . be careful, okay? You two are still very young and we really don’t know what might happen in the future.” Aunt Hayoung reminded before putting an arm over her. “When your father and I were growing up, it was really hard for me to date. Since we’re twins, we were in the same class a few times in high school. He was so protective of me. Some female classmates would usually walk home with the boys who are trying to woo them and there was I, walking home with my brother up until we both graduated.” She added while laughing.

Jiwon grinned while nodding, fascinated by the interesting story about her father.

“I wish Baekhyun and I could walk home together too but it’s impossible.” She sighed while solemnly smiling in space. “Aigoo. . . I may not know your boyfriend that well yet but the things you tell me sometimes makes me think that he’s such a lonely kid. It’s good that you’re there for him.” Aunt Hayoung said while Jiwon’s hair.

Jiwon can’t help but to agree.

 

 

Arriving home, Baekhyun was welcomed by his mother right at the door.

“E-eomma, why are you still awak—”

“What happened to you?” A big frown formed on his mother’s face as she grabbed him by the chin to look at the bruises on his face. “T-there was just a student who had mistaken me for someone else—it’s nothing, Eomma. The principal said he’ll take care of it. It was a misunderstanding.” Baekhyun pulled away before bowing. Truthfully, he didn’t expect her to react in such way, she looked really worried. “What’s the name of this student?” She hissed. “Eomma, it’s okay. It doesn’t even hurt that much. The school will take care of it. You must be tired, you didn’t have to wait for me. I’m sorry, I’ll go upstairs now.” He politely bowed once again before walking away. He’s honestly very tired, he was standing and ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter