Grown Up

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiwon was awaken by the sound of the door opening. She squinted her eyes while putting a hand over her face. “Jiwon-ah.” She heard a familiar female voice, it was Soyeon. Realization hit her that she was in someone else’s place. She quickly sat up while putting her hands over her messy hair to cover it. With one eye opened, she looked over to Soyeon who immediately rushed to her bed. “G-good morning, unni.” She greeted groggily. “Jiwon, there’s a problem.” Soyeon spoke finally while frowning awfully  Jiwon grabbed her phone to check the time but she was welcomed by a ton of messages and missed calls. “W-what happened?” She looked up at Soyeon instead of checking the messages first. Soyeon sat down the edge of the bed and looked down to her phone.

“Soojin cheated on Baekhyun.”

Jiwon’s expression fell when she heard it. “I-I mean, before all of these happened, she’s been cheating on him?” Soyeon asked, disappointment was evident in her tone. Jiwon immediately turned her phone on again and started checking the messages and missed calls. They were from Dispatch and some from Baekhyun. She was just about to pull out from the scoop today, she doesn’t understand how it happened. She started opening the emails Dispatch has sent her, they were links to the new articles about the news and one message from Mr. Lee is just informing her about the ‘good news’ of finally releasing it.

She can’t believe it.

All this time she’s been successfully stopping Soojin from meeting the guy so there was no way that there will be any evidence.

She finally opened the link and a series of photos and selfies of Soojin and the guy surfaced below the article itself. “it’s like the wedding is really meant to be called off, I cannot believe this. I used to think she’s a lovely person. What a she is?!” Soyeon exclaimed. Jiwon got off the bed and immediately called Mr. Lee.

“H-hello? Mr. Lee, what is happe—”

“Jiwon ssi~ finally, I reached you. I’ve been calling you all morning for the good news. Okay so let me explain how we finally released this. After all our failed attempts of spotting the two together again, Soojin’s boyfriend and I have finally come to the conclusion of just releasing their pictures together, taken by themselves! Isn’t that great? We used the article you have made prior to all these and boom~ everyone’s talking about this now.” Mr. Lee beamed on the other line. Jiwon covered , terror building up in her expression. “Y-you used my artic—it wasn’t even finished and that was way before that guy contacted us. How can you even use my work without even notifying me first?” She exclaimed making Soyeon look at her in confusion.

“I know it wasn’t finished but it was good enough, we just had to edit it and rephrase some things out and all. Dojoon himself even had a statement confirming the relationship which is awesome. We’re also planning to release the audio tape for more proof. Don’t worry, everything will stay under your name, your credit, because this is your first scoop and it’s still a success, right?~ Kim Dojoon got even more popular in just a few hours, it’s not even the end of the day yet and he’s number one on Naver together with Soojin.”

Jiwon shook her head vigorously, not wanting to take credit for something she didn’t even do. “No, this is not right. Don’t give me any credits, I didn’t work on this one. I was going to pull out from this in the first place, you just beat me into it.” She hissed. “W-what—Jiwon ssi, what’s the matter? I don’t understand? There were some slight changes but it still ended as planned.” Mr. Lee chuckled on the other line. “Did you really think after you released that couple interview of Baekhyun and Soojin and letting people know that they’re actually in an arranged marriage, people would put all the blame on Soojin? If anything, they might even understand her part.” Jiwon grunted, anger is already building up in her head. “Well it doesn’t matter now, she still cheated. No matter how we turn things, cheating is cheating. And Jiwon ssi, I really don’t understand why you’re acting so protective of her all of a sudden. Aren’t you a professional? No feelings are attached in our job.” Mr. Lee replied back with confidence.

Jiwon clenched her fist tightly while breathing heavily.

“Well then I was wrong for ever accepting this stupid job. I am part of a media who gives out facts and real stories, not make up crap for media attention.”

She ended the call and ran her fingers through her hair. “Y-you know about this?” Soyeon asked making her immediately turn. “You’re a part of the media?” She added while shaking her head in surprise. “I-It wasn’t like that at all, unni. It might have started like that but I’m not a part of this.” Jiwon explained. “I-I need to call Soojin.” She mumbled and walked back to the bed. She called Soojin and waited for her to answer impatiently. “B-baekhyun told me he came to Soojin’s house as soon as the news broke and all the media are right outside her house.” Soyeon said making Jiwon drop her hand to her side. “N-no. . . She doesn’t deserve this at all.” Jiwon stood up to leave. “A-aren’t you supposed to be happy about this? This way, you and Baekhyun won’t have to deal with calling off the wedding and being the bad guys, right? Soojin did it herself.” Soyeon spoke making her stop.

“Unni. . . Soojin was the reason why Baekhyun and I are back together.”

 

 

Soojin and Baekhyun sat down side by side in front of their parents on the long dining table. Baekhyun held her hand tightly as she cried silently. “Han Soojin, I said speak. What is going on?!” Mr. Han exclaimed making the woman flinch in fear. “Abeonim, let me explain. Please.” Baekhyun tried to speak out for her instead. “And you, how do you know all of these? How could you let this happen?” The old man glared at him this time. “I want to answer the obvious. Soojin and I never loved each other. I’m sorry but you can’t do anything about it.” Baekhyun spoke back. “Baekhyun, please let Soojin speak.” Mrs. Byun put a hand up and calmly stopped him from speaking any longer.

“So?!” Mr. Han looked down to his daughter again. “I—I don’t know h-how the media—the media got those pictures of us. They w-were private pictures only for the two of us. I-it’s impossible.” Soojin managed to finally speak with her trembling voice. “Soojin-ah, don’t you think this man gave these pictures out to the media himself? I have heard a lot of public figures doing such thing for media attention. And you know he confirmed it, right? This is outrageous.” Mrs. Byun hissed. Soojin lifted her head up with a solemn smile and shook her head. “H-he wouldn’t do that, eomonim. M-maybe his phone got s-stolen or something. Right Oppa? A-and. . . and his agency probably gave out that statement, it’s not him. I swear it can’t be him.” Soojin looked at Baekhyun who didn’t really know what to answer.

He had prepared himself to get all this trouble today because of him and Jiwon getting back together.

He’s the one who’s supposed to be on Soojin’s spot right now until all of these happened.

“I cannot believe this is happening.” Mrs. Byun held on her head, stress building up in her head. Mr. Byun rubbed her back for comfort while looking at Mr. Han. “Taeho ssi, I don’t think getting them married is still a good idea now. The media is going crazy over them and it won’t be healthy for our companies even if we go through the wedding.” He spoke up. Mr. Han stood up and looked over to the window that shows the mansion’s backyard. “I’m afraid he’s right, it’s only Soojin’s name but even my son’s company is going to be affected by this. I don’t think it’s fair at all in our part.” Mrs. Byun agreed sternly.   

Baekhyun bit his lower lip, feeling the guilt rushing through his veins.

He knows Soojin has been doing it even before he met Jiwon but he still felt bad that she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter