Terror Mouth

P.S. I Stalk You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Love is when you find someone who could love you more than you could ever love yourself. It’s not about revolving your world around that person, it’s what he or she could do that keeps your world revolving. Love is when you find yourself being a better person; it’s when you start looking forward to your future and knowing how bright it would be as long as that person is in it. When we love, the only fear that we would ever feel is the fear of losing it. Either that. . .  or the fear of not ever having it. Love could be the best or the worst feeling in the world. When is it the worst feeling? It’s when you’re in the middle of losing and never having it.”

 

The whole classroom that’s been filled with silence during the speech applaud right after the last word. “That was very nice yet kind of sad in the end, Kyungsoo ssi. What made you choose love as the topic?” Their literature teacher asks with a delighted tone. “Thank you.” The young lad bows as he hands the paper to his teacher. “I just think. . . we all go through that and so it’s the most relatable topic I could ever give.” He explains briefly before walking back to his seat at the far corner. He meets eyes with his best friend, Kim Jiwon. “That was cheesy. Did you Google it?” she asks while wiggling her eyebrows. He took a sit before turning to her again. “No, I didn’t. I made that myself. Are you sure you’re not going to try submitting it today?” He asks, changing the topic as quickly as possible.

Lifting her legs up to the empty seat in front of her, Jiwon shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly. “Essays are boring, I get the textbook tests and quizzes but essays? Seriously? Are we going to use essays to pay bills in the future? No.” She points out before creating a balloon with her gum. Suddenly, their teacher clears his throat rather loudly making Kyungsoo sit properly with his eyes looking straight ahead. “Jiwon ssi, throw that gum away and since you have caught my attention, it’s your turn to present your essay.” He calls out seriously.

Responding with a light smirk, Jiwon takes her gum in with her bare hand before sticking it right under her desk, purposely showing it to the teacher proudly. “I don’t have anything. I helped my aunt in her store yesterday.” She openly lies earning a big frown from the teacher. “You were here yesterday.” He claims back while folding his arms. Standing up, Jiwon pulls up her sleeves as if preparing for a fist-fight. “Geez, I thought that’ll work. Let me think of more excuses.” She sarcastically replies while looking up, as if thinking deeply. “Oh wait, I got one.” She mumbles before looking at the wall clock on the left side of the room. “It’s dismissal time!” She coos and as if in cue, the bell rang.

The teacher shook his head while gathering his stuff on the table.

“I’m giving you until Tuesday to submit the essay, Jiwon ssi. Have a great day, students. Be careful on your way home.”  The teacher leaves first and all the students bowed before quickly clearing up their desks. “Yah, don’t wait ‘til our teachers really lose patience on you.” Kyungsoo scolds while ruffling Jiwon’s hair. “Ugh, cut it out.” She hisses while pushing his hand away. “I pass all the exams and quiz, aside from the projects and essays, I don’t do with anything else, alright.” She reasons out as they walk out of the classroom together. “And besides, I really did help Aunt Hayeong yesterday after school. I was tired after the store closed, okay?” She adds while rolling her eyes.

“How about I do a simple essay for you and in exchange, treat me some churros at our favorite café?”

“No ?” Jiwon asks with her growing smile. Kyungsoo gave her a simple nod while smiling back. “You’re the man! This is why I love you. Let’s go!” She nudges him on the sides before skipping ahead. Kyungsoo lets out a heartfelt chuckle while shaking his head before following.

At least three times a week, they go to their favorite café just one bus ride away from their school. “You go sit now, I’ll order. I want to try their macchiato; do you want to?” Kyungsoo asks while glancing at the menu board. “Nah, just my usual. Here.” Jiwon hands out a few bills to him, as promised, before walking to an empty table. Although they’re regular costumers, they don’t have a fixed spot to sit on because the café is always busy during this time. She chose the table closest to the glass walls so she could stare at the busy road.

“When we love, the only fear that we would ever feel is the fear of losing it. Either that. . .  or the fear of not ever having it. . .”

“Love is when you find yourself being a better person; it’s when you start looking forward to your future and knowing how bright it would be as long as that person is in it.”

She tilts her head to the side as Kyungsoo’s essay echoes in her mind. “That’s some serious . Wow. . . makes me want to feel it.” She mutters to herself while lifting her legs up to the empty chair beside her. She has had suitors in the past but she never entertained anyone, she was just plain uninterested and no one has ever been really consistent. Once they confess to her and she rejects them, they never try again. She glances at Kyungsoo standing at the pick-up area. “Hmm. . . he never had a girlfriend before. . . I swear he Googled it.” She mutters to herself while chuckling.

Her thoughts were interrupted when a group of young males entered the café.

She automatically recognizes the uniform as it’s from a private high school. “What a bunch of rich losers.” She mutters while looking at them one by one, judging them by their postures and expressio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter