Soo-hyuk's regret

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon stood at the kitchen door and watched Tanaka experiment with a new strand of coffee bean. The butler had returned to the Lee Household at the start of the week and had greatly assisted in taking a lot of pressure of Namjoon. Despite the complications with their personal relationship, their working relationship was efficient.

“How long have you been standing there?” Tanaka looked up and smiled warmly. Namjoon ignored the sudden leap of his heart and took a seat at the kitchen counter.  “I don’t know what to do with the Presidents. Something is going on and of course they won’t say anything but it’s affecting everything.”

“They’re doing a good job of pretending.” Tanaka mentioned, “But President Lee is sleeping in the private suite’s adjoining bedroom.”

“I know.” Namjoon grimaced, “And the housekeepers are gossiping.”
“I will handle it,” Tanaka said as he served up the coffee and slid the cup across to Namjoon. He was always keen to hear what Namjoon thought of his inventions.

“Doesn’t it ever bother you? That Lee Soo-hyuk and Song Gaelin might not make it through this competition as a married couple?”

Tanaka tasted the coffee and frowned, “It’s not quite there yet. What do you think?” he waited for Namjoon to taste the coffee.

“You’re right, needs a little more work, I taste two strong strands and right now they are fighting for dominance.”  This coffee sounded just like Lee Soo-hyuk and Song Gaelin. He drummed his fingers on the marble worktop, “I mean the late hours and the private time. I’m talking about huge chunks of time and the only explanation is private. What am I supposed to make of that?”

Tanaka looked concerned, “Back home…private only meant one thing between a married couple…”

“I know what private time means and I refuse to believe that’s what is happening here. The Presidents may not be one of those overly outward affectionate couples, but there is a deep understanding and respect between them. And sometimes when they think no one is watching they can be incredibly sweet to each other.”

“They are cute.” Tanaka agreed, “I have always admired their marriage and grateful that they are still so strong despite the pressure of work and from those people who want to break them apart.”

“Well, I think those people finally succeeded.” Namjoon finished the coffee, “Definitely too strong.” He added to Tanaka who took out his notebook and made a small note. “They have not booked any personal time together since they returned from that trip.”

“I don’t know what to tell you, this is out of our hands. I am just relieved that this time they are hiding it from the kids.”

“But it’s a lie.” Namjoon was frustrated, “And now Song Gaelin has sent an updated schedule. Private time until 8 am tomorrow.”

“Did you update President Lee?” Tanaka asked.

“I am not sure it will make a difference.”

“Well, maybe you should test out that theory. You say you want to do something about the situation…” Tanaka trailed off suggestively.

“And if nothing comes of it?” Namjoon didn’t know why that scared him. It was important to him that the Presidents remained together and happy in marriage.

“Knowing my President she sent the update

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter