Namjoon's stress

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

President Lee seemed determined to live under the illusion that he no longer needed his wife or former butler and that Namjoon should be just enough to tide things over until the competition came to a close. Namjoon had been trying to manage, but even he was feeling the pressure. Running the entire Lee Estate and personally running Lee Soo-hyuk’s household meant he went to bed passed midnight and was up by 5 am. He was sleep-deprived, depressed and cranky.

The upcoming dinner party that Lee Soo-hyuk’s household would be hosting in three weeks was fast approaching and now that Song Gaelin and Tanaka had left it was up to Namjoon to make sure everything was on track. Soo-hyuk had not said much on the matter, which was not surprising since he relied on Gaelin to oversee this part of the household.  Soo-hyuk didn’t know the first thing about organizing a dinner party but he was a brilliant host and would turn up on the night and naturally expect everything to be perfect. 

Namjoon was heading to the Song Estate for a final meeting in which he planned to ask his President if she planned to attend as a guest or co-host. It had been hard to secure this meeting and he blamed the venomous Song House Master. Namjoon understood that there was far more prestige and power attached to a House Master that served an active President as opposed to a Chairwoman who was no longer active in the company but was Ren willing to put strain on a marriage to achieve her career goals – the answer was yes. Ren struck him as the kind of person who would do just about anything if she could gain from it.

He walked up to the impressive marble entrance and rang the doorbell. Namjoon wished this meeting could have taken place in the city; he didn’t want to run into Tanaka. Maybe he would be lucky if the resident butler answered. But it was Tanaka that answered. “Oh it’s you,” he told Tanaka when the butler opened the door for him. Namjoon noticed the butler looked a little strained, not quite his dazzling self.

Tanaka raised bemused brows, “Who else did you expect?”

“It would be nice to see Marcus every once in a while. Have you decided to take your uncle’s position? That’s not very nice is it?” I suppose now that you are so close to House Master Ren, you don’t think twice about this sort of thing.”

Tanaka stared at him, “I hardly know how to answer such an accusation House Master, I am sorry you have such a low opinion of me.”

“I am here to meet with the President.” He changed the subject.

“If you must know, Marcus has returned to Japan on vacation. Me being here has afforded my uncle this rare opportunity and I was happy to take on his responsibilities till he returns next week.”

Namjoon grumbled and took a seat in the foyer.

“I will let the House Master know you have arrived.” Tanaka left and Namjoon made sure he had all the updated notes on the event as well as the portfolio in case the President wanted to refer to their earlier plans.

Tanaka returned a moment later. “The House Master will be with you shortly, can I offer you something to drink? You look in need of a good cup of coffee.”

“I am fine.” Namjoon didn’t look at him as he continued to scroll through his emails. He wasn’t actually reading anything, it was a blur in front of his eyes, but Tanaka didn’t know that “Your coffee makes my stomach upset.”

“I see,” Tanaka considered the House Master and was about to suggest something for his upset stomach when Ren arrived. 

“Kim Namjoon,” He looked up and found Ren standing where Tanaka had once stood. “Are you well?” Ren was all smiles as she led Namjoon to the President’s private office.

“Yes very well.” It was a lie, “And are you well?” he really didn’t care how she was. He wished Ren would go on vacation and never come back. Out of all the House Master’s he got along with her the least. He even got on with the Woo House Master.

“I’m fantastic,” Ren knocked on the closed door and Gaelin responded for them to enter. “President, the Lee House Master is here for your meetin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter