Under your window

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo-hyuk arrived at Hoseok’s private apartment in the Finite hotel in Seoul. The Jung House Master welcomed him and led him out to the patio where Hoseok was already drinking wine.

“You summoned?” Soo-hyuk handed his coat to the waiting butler and took a seat. It had been a long day and he was glad to be away from the office. “Thank you for coming,” Hoseok stared deep into his glass as if it held all the answers he sought.

“Are you drunk?” Soo-hyuk accused. 

“Not yet, but I am getting there.” Hoseok suddenly looked up, “are you judging my situation? Maybe I should ask when was the last time you saw your wife?”

“Yah,” Soo-hyuk murmured, “Do you want to fight right now?”

“It hurts that bad huh? Good, then you know how I feel.”

Soo-hyuk took a sip of wine and kept quiet. It was better for him not to say anything when Hoseok was in this mood. After some time had passed he ventured to ask if anyone else would be joining them, secretly he wondered if Gaelin would be here. 

“Are you asking if I invited Gaelin?” Hoseok smirked.

“Whenever you’re ready to tell me what is going on. I mean it's not like I have nothing better to do with my time.” Soo-hyuk replied tersely 

“That’s usually my line.” Hoseok sighed. 

“Can you just spit it out already.” Soo-hyuk was genuinely interested in what was bothering Ho-seok but he was getting impatient. “Obviously you have no intention of speaking to Sarang ssi about this either, otherwise we would be meeting at your home.”

“Sarang is away at a publishing conference,” Hoseok told him. “But I didn’t feel like going home in this mood. Even though Taeyeon will be asleep by now.”

Soo-hyuk glanced at his watch; it was nearing 22:00. “One would hope she is asleep.”

“Taeyeon will stay with my parents tomorrow until Sarang returns. I am too busy to spend any time with her. So it’s for the best.”

“If you say so.” Soo-hyuk shrugged but he wondered what would happen when he had children. Would he expect Tanaka to take care of his children while he continued to keep the hours he did?

“What’s with the dull mood?” Gaelin walked out onto the patio. Soo-hyuk tried to act like her sudden appearance didn't affect him, but he felt happy. He had not seen Gaelin in three days and it was taking its toll. He had spent long periods of time away from her, but this time it felt different. He was not on some business trip, this time she had decided to leave their home because being married to him was affecting her chances of winning the Golden Quill.

Gaelin answered a call and stepped away from the table so the others couldn’t overhear her business. Soo-hyuk followed her with his eyes, noticing how beautiful she looked in her tight jeans and a leather jacket. It was obvious that she had not come straight from the office and he wondered where she had been and with whom. 

“Sorry, I’m late.” Yoongi smiled apologetically as stepped onto the patio. Hoseok noticed the dark circles under his eyes. Looked like the Competition was affecting all of them. Yoongi didn’t sit but approached Gaelin. Gaelin smiled warmly and hugged him, “Oppa.” “Do you know why we’re here?” Yoongi whispered and glanced back at the table where Soo-hyuk and Hoseok were ordering dinner.

“I have no idea, but I think this is about Hoseok oppa, so I wouldn’t worry.” She glanced at him, “but…when are you goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter