Possession

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The house was in darkness when Gaelin arrived back from the office. It had been a long day and her thoughts were still on Min Yoongi. He did not deserve this. How could she change things? Was it even possible to oppose the Consortium and the Competition Federation? 

It was only day 2 and she was exhausted. What would it be like at the end of the week? The house was so quiet, but was Soo-hyuk home? His schedule indicated a late meeting. Part of her hoped she could slip into bed and be asleep by the time he got home. Then she wouldn’t have to face him.

The envelope was causing all this confusion. Gaelin entered her study on the ground floor and approached the safe hidden behind the bookshelf. Inserting the code, she waited as the steel door slid open before lifting out the envelope. There was a single card inside

 

You are Song

Show your allegiance by returning to the seat of authority

Compete on fair ground

Do not let your emotions sway you

The choice is yours to make.

Are you President or Wife?

 

Gaelin clenched her fist. It was clear what was expected of her. Soo-hyuk said it himself, she was first a Song, but she didn’t want to leave him. It scared her to think of losing him. What would happen if she let him go now? Soo-hyuk…his face floated across her mind and she felt a yearning to be with him.

Entering their suite she found him asleep on the bed. Gaelin was momentarily frozen as she contemplated what to do; she was in two minds about going to bed and holding him close. Forcing him awake so she could kiss him.  

As quietly as she could, she entered her dressing room, had a bath and changed into pajamas. Now all she had to do was get into bed, Gaelin hovered at the door of her dressing room. 

“Yah, Miss Worst President.” Soo-hyuk called out to her, “Where do you think you’re going?”

Gaelin turned red as she froze, her hand was on the door handle, ‘Work.” She turned the handle.

“Come to bed.” He ordered seductiveness laced his voice and made her stomach flip over.

“I have work…” she mumbled and shook her head.

“It wasn’t a request,” Soo-hyuk added.

“We are in competition. I don’t think we should stay like this anymore…” she blurted out.

Gaelin hadn’t noticed him leaving the bed so when he grabbed her round the waist and pulled her against him, she was shocke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter