Your child - and my child

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi - thank you so much for the subs and the one wonderful reader who commented. I really hope you will continue to enjoy. In this chapter, i am trying to show some back story as we learn more about Lee Soo-hyuk and Gaelin's past and how not everything is as it seems. Will be interested to know what you think of their marriage and their characters <3

I am hoping to have a poster soon. 

 

“I want my heir,” Song Minah said without preamble. Gaelin slowly set her cup down and looked at her mother with empty eyes. “When I agreed to the marriage it was on the condition that your second child, would go on to be the next heir of Oracle and the Song Estate.”

“That is true…” Gaelin said and stared out the window of her family home and saw that it had started to rain. Bad things always happened when she came home, and this time was no different. The warning bells should have gone off when the House Master informed Gaelin that her mother wished to see not only her but Soo-hyuk as well.

Soo-hyuk smiled at his mother-in-law, “As you wish,” he bowed his head. “As promised we will work hard to deliver the next heirs to the Lee and Song Estates.”

Gaelin didn’t react; the rain was so beautiful as it fell in strong continuous streams.

Minah glanced at her daughter, “You are looking thin, has something happened?” it was an accusation and lacked any concern or warmth. “I heard that the Lee Estate Meeting was postponed,” she shot Soo-hyuk a dark penetrating look, but he didn’t falter. “I hope you are not putting the Lee Estate under strain Song Gaelin?”

Gaelin looked back at her mother, “Everything is fine.”

“Good. I will make arrangements with the family doctor. You will need to go for a check up to make sure you are healthy.”

“That won’t be necessary.” Gaelin was grim, she hated the idea of being poked and prodded all in the name of pushing out the next generation of heirs. 

“Let me decide what’s necessary.” Minah overrode her daughter. “Our HM will be in contact with the details. Make sure to prioritize this.” Minah stood from the table.

Soo-hyuk and Gaelin also stood, bowed and waited for Song Minah to depart the room. Gaelin sat and stared out the window again.

“Your mother is still as scary as ever,” Soo-hyuk commented lightly.

“Isn’t she?” Gaelin smiled as she remembered how scared all the kids were of her mother. They shared that trait; people were scared of her too. Even as a child, other children stayed away and adults had their theories about her closed off and sullen nature.

“Gaelin…” he began but she stood abruptly and walked out the room. Soo-hyuk sat for a moment. Things were going to be difficult, but when had things been easy with Gaelin. He finally stood and found Gaelin in the entrance hall. Soo-hyuk accepted his overcoat from the butler and they both left the house.  

“I have a meeting with Yoongi oppa.” Gaelin said as Kim Namjoon approached. “I might be late tonight,” she told the House Master who quickly updated the schedule.

Soo-hyuk didn’t object he would have to choose the right time to talk about having children. He wasn’t opposed to the idea, but Gaelin was. Soo-hyuk just had to work out how to persuade her to give it a chance. His parents were also starting to ask questions; in truth, he owed Song Minah a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter