RM : First Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

Namjoon steps out from the car after an enormous man with black suit and shades came and opened it for him. His legs start to feel pain after being in the school like for 12 hours straight. Top school in the country, what can he say? Namjoon walks towards the opened door and a row of maids greet his entrance.
All of them bow humbly. Namjoon replies their bows by bowing his head a bit. He have to respect them even though his dad is the owner of this bungalow. Plus, they’re older than him.
    “Dad?” Namjoon call out his dad, hoping for him to answer. Well, as he expected, he is not here.
    “Erm.. I’m sorry. But, where did Dad go?” he asks one of the maids that passes nearby.
    “Mr. Kim? I’m pretty sure he’ll be back in 11. He usually come back home at that time,” answers the maid politely.
    “Oh… Thank you, then,”
    She then bows and leaves Namjoon behind. It’s only 9… his heart whispers. He takes off his blazer. The tie that has been tied around his neck the whole day has been loosen. What an exhausting day. After having dinner (alone), Namjoon decides to watch a movie before start studying for the next upcoming exam. He need to relax and not to stressed out.
    “I think Ironman would be nice,” he mutters, by himself. His fingers swiftly press those buttons on the remote control. He likes the fact that he’s good in English. It’s making his life easier. He doesn’t have to see the subtitles to understand what the actors and actresses are saying.
    So, English is kinda important in your life. At least, basic. Lesson learnt.
    Plus, he kind of interested in poetries these days. Maybe those words they used for making the poems could make someone happy, or burst into tears, or maybe mad, and even give people realisation. Just by words, people can understand our feelings. That’s why he attracted and interested to poems.
    “Welcome home, Mr. Kim,” say the maids in unison.
    Namjoon just let the maids greet his dad. He is just too lazy to bother because he is still concentrating on the movie. When he suddenly heard some chuckles and giggles. And he is so sure those chuckles are not from his dad’s. He turns around and see his dad…
    … is holding a (literally drunk) woman at the waist.
    Want to know something more shocking?
    He’s not even shocked.
    So, he decided to let them be, sit and pretend like he’s okay with this.
    Even though my heart is shattered into pieces right now.
    Not once or twice.
    But like seriously hundreds of times.
    But, what could he do?
    Exactly, NOTHING.
    “How about you go upstairs first? I have to talk with my son,”
    “Okay, babe. I’ll wait,” the woman winks Mr. Kim before start to take some steps upwards.
    Mr. Kim walks towards the smaller sofa besides him and take a seat.
    “You shouldn’t hang out with my schoolmates, Dad,” he starts his words without some ‘intros’ like ‘How’s the weather?’ or ‘How’s your business?’ and some other stuffs.
    He snickers, his eyes seems like afraid to meet Namjoon’s. Namjoon knows that he feel guilty, but still, he never change.
    “Why? You afraid that I accidentally date your girl?”
    What?
    “Funny, Dad. Nice joke,”
    “Then, what’s the big problem then?”
    “They’re just school girls! You can’t treat them like those es out there! They are still young, Dad! Never heard of under age, huh?”
    “WATCH YOUR WORDS, YOUNG MAN!”
    *slaps*
    Dad breathes heavily while Namjoon is still standing with his expressionless face, even though his heart and also his cheek are feeling pain. Namjoon just could stare the floor, don’t know what to do.
    “You… almost break the limits, Namjoon. Don’t… test me,” those are his last lines before going upstairs. The silence makes the sounds of the steps louder.
    “I will, Dad. I will,”