Mingyu's plan

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey guys! This is a double chapter update! So if you haven't read chapter 7, go back and read it before coming here to read chapter 8. 

Chapter 8- Mingyu’s plan

As soon as Mingyu entered the orphanage, he let go of Wonwoo’s hand and sprinted off into Jihoon’s room. “Yah yah yah! Kim Mingyu. How many times must I tell you to knock-” Jihoon scolded before he got interrupted by Mingyu. “Hyungs hyungs! Wonwoo’s birthday is on the 17th July which is 2 weeks from now! We need to start planning to make it the best one he ever had!” Mingyu squealed excitedly. He couldn’t stop jumping up and down, like the little puppy he was. Soonyoung rolled his chair over from his study table over to Jihoon’s table. For once, Jihoon cooperated with the two hyper kids. “So…you’re saying that Wonwoo loves that comic book which just released a new volume? Sounds good…we should get that as his present. How much was it?” Soonyoung asked. “From what I recalled, it costs…30,000 won.” Mingyu said. Jihoon’s eyes opened to its maximum limit. “What?! That’s freaking expensive? How are we going to afford that?” “I was thinking we could ask Mr and Mrs Choi to give us some pocket money for doing chores like we did previously for Chan’s birthday? We need to buy a cake, Wonwoo’s favourite food and presents!” Mingyu stated while Soonyoung was in charge of writing down their plans. Once they finished planning, they decided to tell the rest one by one, with the exception of Chan. They knew how close the youngest was to Wonwoo, and they didn’t want to risk their plans being foiled. Mingyu went back to his room to find Wonwoo reading his novels as usual.

“Where did you go?” Wonwoo asked curtly, not looking up at Mingyu. “Nowhere. Just wanted to talk to Soonyoungie hyung.” Mingyu replied, trying his best not to sound nervous. Wonwoo seemed satisfied with his answer, going back to reading his book. The rest of the night passed and the next day came. Mingyu forgot about his bodyguard role as he was up planning for Wonwoo’s birthday party. “Kim Mingyu. Get up. You’re late!” Wonwoo said, shaking Mingyu’s shoulder. “5 minutes more…I’m still tired…” Mingyu mumbled, rubbing his eyes. Wonwoo shook his head before grabbing his favourite pair of black jeans and stripes shirt. He had science lab class, which meant that they could wear whatever they want to school for that day. The school didn’t want them to dirty their school uniform, so they allowed the students to wear home clothes. Wonwoo packed his bag before heading into the toilet to change his clothes. He had already gotten used to changing with one arm, so when Mingyu didn’t help him, he was fine. Once he was done, he walked back into their room where Mingyu was still sleeping. “Yah! Mingyu-ah! Everyone is waiting for you downstairs! Hurry down!” Wonwoo shook Mingyu even harder this time. Mingyu got up and he was shocked to see Wonwoo already changed. “How did you change by yourself?” Mingyu questioned, bobbing his head to one side. Wonwoo shook his head before slinging his bag over one shoulder and he went downstairs without Mingyu.

“Morning Wonwoo! Come and have some breakfast before going to school!” Mrs Choi greeted as she saw Wonwoo walking down the stairs. Wonwoo nodded before taking his usual seat at the table. The boys ate in silence, even Seungkwan and Soonyoung. “Mingyu-ah! We’re leaving without you!” Seungcheol hollered up the stairs. Everyone sniggered, Mingyu was back to his old ways of waking up late every morning. Mingyu ran down the stairs, and he shoved a piece of toast into his mouth before wearing his shoes. The boys all made their way school, of course dropping Chan off at the kindergarten first as usual. Mingyu dropped Wonwoo off at his classroom before heading off to his own. “Oh! Wonwoo-ah! Early as usual? Wanna hang out at my house for a bit after school today?” Jun asked as Wonwoo sat down at his seat. Wonwoo hesitated for a moment. No one had ever invited him to their house before. Not even his best friend from his old school. “Sure! But I need to tell you something first. In private.” Wonwoo whispered back to Jun. Jun nodded as their science teacher, Ms Lee stepped into class. “Alright class! So now we will be heading to the science lab upstairs. Bring your pencil cases and science workbook along! Let’s move in pairs now!” Ms Lee instructed, getting the students of 3B to queue outside their class. As expected, Jun and Wonwoo paired up with each other, standing at the back of the queue. “So. What was it you wanted to tell me?” Jun asked, looking at Wonwoo. “You know. You were asking me how I was related to the other guys that day right. We’re not blood brothers actually…we live in a…orphanage together…” Wonwoo said hesitantly. He didn’t want Jun to judge him like the rest of the kids. “Oh. But it’s still cool to have so many brothers backing you up. No biggie.” Jun said, fist bumping Wonwoo. Wonwoo had a huge grin plastered to his face. He was glad Jun treated him like any other kid, not minding that he was an orphan now.

“So, now I need all of you to work with your lab partners. Be careful of the flames. Make sure the air hole on the Bunsen burner is closed before turning on the gas tap. Once you turn on the gas tap, light up the flame before opening the air hole to change the flame into the blue flame. That’s when you can start your experiments. I want all of you to follow the instructions and steps on your workbook. Write down your observat

Please log in to read the full chapter