First day of school

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4- First day of school

“Rise and shine! Come on guys! Time to get up! We need to do some spring cleaning today and get ready for school tomorrow!” Seungcheol exclaimed, opening the curtains and letting in the sunshine. Groans and whines were coming from the kids. They all covered their heads with their blankets, trying to avoid life and Seungcheol. Seungcheol attacked Seungkwan first, tickling and pulling his blanket off. “Ahhhhh hyung! Please!” Seungkwan whined as Seungcheol dragged him by his feet. “Hahahaha. Come on Seungkwan! Help me wake the rest up! We need to clean up the place today!” Seungcheol laughed, dragging Seungkwan around. “Alright alright! Let me go!” Seungkwan got up, ruffled his hair before proceeding to sit on Seokmin. “Go horse! Go go go! Faster faster!” Seungkwan sat on Seokmin as if he were a horse. Seokmin got up and pushed Seungkwan off himself.

“Yah! Boo Seungkwan! You weigh a ton. You almost broke my bones.” Seokmin glared at Seungkwan. Now that both Seungkwan and Seokmin were awake, Seungcheol just had to sit on the sofa and let the two do their magic to the rest. “Yo ladies~this is ma story!” Seungkwan started singing next to Jihoon, blasting music from the radio. Jihoon pushed Seungkwan away by his head, and he got up to turn off the music. He then went back to sleep, pulling the covers over his head. Seungkwan then headed off to Mingyu. “Mingyu hyung! Get up get up! It’s time to plaaaaayyyyyy~” Seungkwan shook Mingyu, screaming at the top of his voice. Mingyu opened his eyes slowly, rubbing them. He grinned when he saw Wonwoo sleeping peacefully next to him. Seungkwan then left Mingyu since he had already gotten up. He could trust the job of waking Wonwoo up to Mingyu.

On the other side of the living room… “SOONYOUNG HYUNG!!! GET UP! COME AND PLAY WITH SEOKMINNIE!!!” Seokmin whined as he shook his hyung by the shoulders. “Hyung. If you don’t get up, I would have to tickle and kiss you. Wake up!” Seokmin threatened. Upon hearing this, Soonyoung opened his eyes widely and sat up. “I’m up I’m up!” “Channie-ah! Wakey wakey! If you don’t wake up hyung is going to leave you here! Bye channie!!!” Seokmin said, patting Chan on his . “NO HYUNG! Don’t leave me alone!” Chan shouted, hugging his brother as tight as ever. Seokmin grinned, enjoying the moment he had with his brother. Seokmin really loved the hugs Chan gave him, and he knew that he should appreciate them before Chan grows older and doesn’t want to hug him anymore.

Mingyu then whispered into Wonwoo’s ear, “Hyung. It’s time to wake up. Hurry! We gotta go play!” Wonwoo stretched his arms without opening his eyes, and he accidentally hit Mingyu in the face. “Ouch! Hyung! How could you punch me!” Mingyu shouted, holding his hand over his right cheek. Wonwoo rubbed his eyes before opening them to see what the ruckus was all about. All he saw was Mingyu stomping off angrily. As he looked around the living room, he saw the rest of his friends packing their blankets and pillows. Only Jihoon was still sleeping. Wonwoo grinned, how could Jihoon sleep over all these noise? Such a miracle he thought to himself. Wonwoo then got up and packed his stuff and Mingyu’s as well. He didn’t want to disturb Jihoon. If Jihoon was grumpy as ever when he was awake, then a sleepy Jihoon would cause World War III. He carefully carried the things up the stairs, going to his room. He was walking down the hallways and all of a sudden, he tripped over his own foot and he almost crashed into the ground. Almost. As he opened his eyes, he saw that Mingyu had caught in his own arms.

“Hyung! Can you be more careful the next time? What would have happen if I weren’t here?” Mingyu scolded Wonwoo. One moment Mingyu was angry over the accidental hit and the next he was concerned over Wonwoo. Wonwoo was quite confused about Mingyu as a person. Nonetheless, he took up Mingyu’s offer, and he let Mingyu carry some of the stuff back to their room. Silence washed over the room, as the two started to clean up the room. Well, mostly Mingyu because Wonwoo just moved in. Wonwoo walked over to Mingyu’s table and helped him to organize his textbooks. Mingyu grinned happily, seeing how Wonwoo was helping him. As Wonwoo was packing a bunch of papers, a photograph dropped to the ground. Wonwoo bent down and picked it up, and he saw in the picture that Mingyu was kissing Seokmin on the cheeks. Oh my god…erm. Am I supposed to see this? No no no. Wonwoo put it back. Pretend like you didn’t see it. He probably doesn’t want anyone to know… Wonwoo thought to himself. He quickly placed the photo back on the table before going back to his own table.

Hmm…since I have nothing to do. Maybe I should read my book at our quiet area huh…sounds like a good plan. I need to clear my mind before school starts tomorrow… He grabbed his book and walked along the hallway. “Wonwoo-ah! Come here for a moment. I need to talk to you.” Mr Choi called out to Wonwoo. Wonwoo obediently walked over and entered the office. “So. I just wanted to tell you that you will be transferring to Pledis Primary School. Here is your new uniform. And as for your timetable, you can collect it from the office tomorrow. You don’t have to bring any books for tomorrow. The teachers will understand. I hope you’re settling in fine?” Mr Choi asked. Wonwoo nodded his head, “Everyone seems quite nice to me. I feel fine here.” “That’s good Wonwoo-ah. Just get one of the kids to accompany you to the office tomorrow alright! Oh, also classes start at 9am so don’t be late!” Mr Choi reminded. Wonwoo thanked Mr Choi and left the office.

Why did I have to change schools…now I have to make new friends again?! What a trouble. Those kids are probably gonna isolate me once again… Wonwoo thought to himself. He let out a sigh and he left for the roof. He really needed time alone, and so he sat in the tent, reading his book for hours. Before Wonwoo even noticed, the sky got dark and dinner time was approaching. Wonwoo decided to head back in, not wanting anyone to find out about his secret hideout with

Please log in to read the full chapter