Reconcile

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 57- Reconcile?

“What are you doing here…? Weren’t you supposed to be on a date with her?” Wonwoo rolled his eyes, dusting his pants as he stood up from the bench.

“WE. Were supposed to go out together. But you left without me.” Mingyu argued, as he followed Wonwoo, strolling slowly next to the older as he matched their steps.

“You might need a dictionary because a date is between two people. Not three.” Wonwoo retorted.

“I didn’t even want to go on a date with her…” Mingyu whined.

“Well then just reject her? I don’t get what’s so difficult?” Wonwoo said with a questioning tone.

“Easy for you to say…if I could reject people so easily…and insist my way through…we probably wouldn’t even have broken up…” Mingyu replied, whispering the last part of his sentence. Wonwoo heard the last part despite Mingyu whispering, and he felt his heart beating fast again. He knew somehow Mingyu would bring it up again, but he still didn’t know how to give a proper reply, or rather he didn’t know if he should fix things or leave them as they are.

“S-some things just don’t work out in our way sometimes…” Wonwoo mumbled.

“Do you want to hang out at our place today? We can…erm do some revision! You know Chan kept asking for you to tutor him because he thinks that I can’t do it.” Mingyu changed the topic. He knew that if he were to continue touching on their sensitive topic of love, there were two possibilities. One, Wonwoo would break down in his emotions and make Mingyu feel like . Two, Mingyu would break down in his emotions and make Wonwoo feel like . None were good enough for any chances to be taken.

“Chan? Yah. You’re his hyung! Why aren’t you doing anything to help him?!” Wonwoo chided, his eyebrows furrowing.

“Not my fault that kid is too dumb to understand anything…” Mingyu mumbled, earning a smack on his arm from Wonwoo.

“No one is stupid or dumb. You probably just at explaining and teaching.” Wonwoo laughed, fastening his pace.

“Wah…amazing how your attitude towards two people can be so different…I feel truly hurt now. You’re choosing Chan over me…” Mingyu joked, but his tone came out a little bitter.

“I was just kidding…come on. Let’s hurry! There isn’t much time left to midterms. We need to make good use of all the time we have!” Wonwoo hurried Mingyu, to which the younger only slowed down, wanting to see Wonwoo’s reaction.

“Kim Mingyu. I’m going to leave you here by yourself if you don’t hurry!” Wonwoo threatened as he turned around and started running off by himself.

“YAH! JEON WONWOO! You’re such a heartless jerk! How can you just leave me here by myself!” Mingyu shouted, as he ran after the older, and when he finally caught up with the help of his ridiculously long legs, he wrapped an arm around Wonwoo’s shoulder, breathing into his ear.

“Hah. Guess who lost. Tag! You’re it!” Mingyu said, tapping Wonwoo’s shoulder before running off ahead, with Wonwoo chasing him from behind. The two ended up playing tag all the way back to the orphanage, making a loud ruckus in the neighbourhood.

“I swear I’m gonna get you! God damn you and your long legs!” Wonwoo shouted as they ran up the path leading to the orphanage. Mingyu hurriedly opened the door, but being as clumsy as ever, he pressed the wrong pin code and had to type it in again. Wonwoo was already charging for him and Wonwoo tackled Mingyu to the ground as the door opened. They were in an awkward situation. Firstly, Wonwoo was now on top of Mingyu, as the younger was groaning in pain. Secondly, Seungkwan was staring at the two of them, mouth open wide as he held a bag of chips in hand. Thirdly, Soonyoung and Seokmin were making their way over to the door, asking what the loud ruckus was all about.

“Were you guys that anxious? Couldn’t make it to the bedroom?” Was all Soonyoung said when he spotted the two, earning himself a glare from Wonwoo.

“Shut it Kwon. It’s not that.” Wonwoo said, before getting up from the awkward position. He held out his hand for Mingyu, which the younger gladly accepted and got up, rubbing his back that was sore from the fall.

“Sure sure. Why are you here? And why are you guys here together? Did you lose your way? You don’t remember how to go home? Weren’t you supposed to be studying for midterms? What happened to nerd Wonwoo who locks himself up all day to study?” Soonyoung blasted off with his questions, to which Wonwoo answered none. Seungkwan and Seokmin snickered, before running off to the living room to continue their gaming. Wonwoo looked around the house, before he entered Chan’s shared room, where he saw the boy falling asleep with his textbook wide open on his bed.

“Lee Chan!” Wonwoo called out, shaking the younger’s shoulder.

“Mmmm…5 more minutes…” Chan mumbled, turning his head the other way.

“Do you know who I am?” Wonwoo asked, tickling Chan’s sides.

“Ah seriously Mingyu hyung! I had enough of your this entire week!” Chan hollered, rubbing his eyes. He had the shock of his life when he opened his eyes and saw Wonwoo smirking at him.

“W-Wonwoo hyung?! OH MY GOD. HYUNG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Chan exclaimed jumping up, hugging the older like a koala bear.

“Hehe. I heard that you needed help. So I’m here~” Wonwoo said, ruffling the younger’s hair.

“Wahhhhh! You’re the best hyung! Seriously!” Chan grinned happily, pulling Wonwoo onto his bed.

“Which subject do you need help with?” Wonwoo asked, as he flipped through the History textbook laying on Chan’s bed.

“Hmm…I need help with Science, Math and Literature…and every single subject…” Chan pouted.

“Well…I can help you with those…except this. I can’t help with you this.” Wonwoo grimaced at the History textbook which he threw back on the bed.

“I’m telling you. This kid isn’t going to make it. He’s going to flunk everything and not make it into Pledis for sure.” Mingyu said, as he walked into the room, throwing his bag next to his table.

“Wonwoo hyunggggggg…Mingyu hyung is always so mean to meeeeeeeee…” Chan whined, shooting glares at Mingyu.

“Mingyu hyung is always so mean to meeeeeee…Yah. Who was the one who turned off the lights when I saw in the shower? Who was the one who stole my favourite shirt? Who was the one who took my stuffed toy? Yeah damn right it was you Lee Chan. And now you’re complaining that I’m the mean one?” Mingyu complained. He was not letting this go without a fight. He had been tolerating the younger’s jokes and teases, and it wasn’t fair that things always went his way.

“Hehe. Hyung you know I was just kidding right? And Wonwoo hyung got you that stuffed toy…I can hug it sometimes too…right hyung?” Chan grinned, hiding behind Wonwoo.

“Okay okay…let’s start studying! At this rate, Mingyu’s going to be right…do you want to prove him wrong or not?” Wonwoo blushed when he heard what Chan said about the stuffed toy, as he got up from the bed.

“I’m so going to be right!” “I’m so going to prove him wrong!” Both Mingyu and Chan answered at the same time, sticking out their tongues at each other.

“Real mature…” Wonwoo laughed at the two, earning whines and pouts from both boys. Nonetheless, the three of them gathered at the study table, taking out their textbooks and started their individual revisions. Wonwoo helped Chan in doing up his notes while Mingyu was doing his own, turning over to look at Wonwoo several times.

“Okay. Go through the notes for this chapter one last time and complete this quiz. I’ll mark it for you after you’re done.” Wonwoo said, patting Chan’s head. He then went back to revising and memorizing his Scien

Please log in to read the full chapter