Cheating?

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 49- Cheating?

“A-ah…about that…it’s just…he sort of…had a crush on me? Since…I think middle school.” Wonwoo said, scratching the back of his head.

“And you’re okay with being friends with him?” Mingyu asked, his eyes widening.

“I mean…yeah? Not like anything between us would change right…just friends?” Wonwoo raised his eyebrows.

“…yeah but…” Mingyu paused. He didn’t know what to say. He was jealous, and he didn’t want someone who had a crush on Wonwoo around him.

“Are you…jealous?” Wonwoo asked, amused.

“W-what? N-no…” Mingyu blushed, looking away.

“Hahahaha…why are you so cute…” Wonwoo grinned, pulling Mingyu’s chin to face him.

“Don’t be jealous because you have my heart and body. And mind.” Wonwoo said sincerely, as he placed his forehead against Mingyu’s.

“But…can’t you…at least maintain some distance from him? How do you expect Jun hyung to move on from you if you guys stick together all the time…it’s unfair for him…” Mingyu pouted. Wonwoo pulled back. Well that made sense…why didn’t he think about that.

“…yeah I should right…I haven’t been thinking about his feelings huh…” Wonwoo sighed.

“That’s right! You should keep a distance from him until he completely moved on. And until then…” Mingyu paused, pouting again.

“Until then. I will only stay with my one and only puppy. Right?” Wonwoo smiled before he placed a kiss on Mingyu’s pout. The crease on Mingyu’s forehead deepened, and his pout deepened too.

“Why are you still pouting?” Wonwoo asked.

“…you’re terrible at reading hints…” Mingyu sighed before he pulled Wonwoo into a kiss. This time, it was longer and deeper.

“Why do I feel like you have more things to say…?” Wonwoo said in between his heavy breathings.

“…you know me too well…or am I really so easy to read…” Mingyu sighed.

“You really have more things to say?” Wonwoo questioned, holding Mingyu’s hand. Instead of answering, Mingyu nodded his head, a frown gracing his face.

“What is it?” Wonwoo asked.

“That scratch…on your face…” Mingyu said, as his finger hovered above the scratch on Wonwoo’s cheek.

“Someone did it. Right? The same person who caused that wound on your stomach.” Mingyu narrowed his eyes. Wonwoo pulled his hand back, but Mingyu caught it in time.

“Babe. We’ll never get over this topic…until you tell me the truth…” Mingyu said, his thumb caressing Wonwoo’s hand.

“You know…don’t you?” Wonwoo looked up, somewhat afraid of Mingyu’s reaction.

“…but I want to hear you say it.” Mingyu said, patting Wonwoo’s hand, giving him reassurance that he was not mad.

“It was…her.” Wonwoo mumbled.

“I knew it…Why didn’t you tell me anything in the first place?” Mingyu questioned.

“…I just…didn’t want you to worry…” Wonwoo whispered in his softest voice, looking like a puppy who just got scolded by his owner.

“But it did the exact opposite…babe…did you forget our promise?” Mingyu said, as he brought his hand up to Wonwoo’s face.

“…no I didn’t…but it was for a good reason…I just didn’t want to distract you…your competition is next week…” Wonwoo pouted, hoping that the younger would let him the hook.

“…did you even have plans on telling me?” Mingyu pursued the topic, ignoring how incredibly cute Wonwoo was, pout still on his face.

“…well…hehe…” Wonwoo chuckled to himself.

“You didn’t even have plans on telling me. Well done Jeon Wonwoo. Well done.” Mingyu rolled his eyes playfully.

“…I’m sorry…I really didn’t mean to lie to you…” Wonwoo apologized, his hand reaching out for Mingyu’s, which the younger pretended to flinch away.

“A-are you really a-angry?” Wonwoo stuttered when Mingyu remained silent, his expressions not changing, just staring at Wonwoo. Mingyu wasn’t really angry at Wonwoo, but he wanted to pretend like he was. To make it a point to the other to not lie to him, or keep any secrets.

“B-babe…? I-I’m sorry…I r-really am…” Wonwoo struggled to speak when tears were the verge of spilling out of his eyes. Something Mingyu didn’t think would happen. He was caught offguard when he heard Wonwoo’s voice shaking. He wasn’t sure if he was hearing things right, until he looked up and saw his boyfriend’s eyes glistening with tears.

“Hey…hey…I’m not really angry…babe.” Mingyu’s voice softened as he pulled Wonwoo into a hug, to which the older gladly accepted, his tears spilling out. Hearing his boyfriend’s soft sobs, it broke Mingyu’s heart. He probably shouldn’t have pretended to be mad at Wonwoo in the first place, but at the same time, he wanted Wonwoo to know that he was serious about having no secrets between them.

“Please don’t cry anymore baby…my heart hurts seeing you cry…” Mingyu called out, as his thumb wiped away the tears on Wonwoo’s cheeks.

“Mingyu-ah…I’m really sorry…I didn’t mean to lie to you…it’s just…you never seem to see the evilness in people. Always believing that everyone is nice just like yourself…” Wonwoo whispered, tightening his hug.

“I’ll forgive you…but on one condition.” Mingyu said, playing with Wonwoo’s hair.

“What is it?” Wonwoo asked, sniffing.

“Promise me. You’ll come watch me play during the competition.” Mingyu grinned.

“…but I don’t know how a basketball game goes…and I’ll be alone…it’s going to be super…boring?” Wonwoo said, as he shifted himself to lay on Mingyu’s lap.

“Come on…it’s my first game. It’s either going to be amazing or ty. And both situations require you to be there for me. You’ll be my personal cheerleader.” Mingyu made a puppy face, hoping to change Wonwoo’s mind.

“…fine…when is it?” Wonwoo asked.

“3rd of April. Thursday.” Mingyu gleamed, happy that his boyfriend finally gave in. Wonwoo nodded, as he closed his eyes, enjoying the tugs on his hair. They then spent the next few hours cuddling together, before Mingyu left for the night.

 

 

The entire week passed by, with no signs of Nayeon being around Mingyu, and surprisingly, she had not laid a finger on Wonwoo. It seemed like she had given up on her plans. But was that the case? The next time she appeared before Mingyu, was Thursday, the day of his basketball competition.

“Mingyu oppa! I need to tell you something really important!” Nayeon approached the younger as he stepped out of his class, about to go look for his boyfriend before heading to the gym for some warm-ups before the competition.

“Will you stop already?” Mingyu rolled his eyes, walking away from Nayeon. She followed him nonetheless, before she pulled him to a nearby staircase.

“No. Seriously. What do you want?! I need to meet my boyfriend now. And I have a ing basketball competition today.” Mingyu pulled his arm back, hands on his hips as he glared at Nayeon. Just when he thought the girl had given up, she proved him wrong. She spent the past few days collecting information, with only one goal in mind. To ruin Wonwoo so badly.

“You may not want to meet your boyfriend after you see and hear what I have to tell you.” Nayeon smirked, as she saw the expression on Mingyu’s face change. Mingyu didn’t know whether to trust her. But it was something concerning his boyfriend, he had to stay and listen.

“Speak. If not I’m leaving.” Mingyu said curtly. Upon seeing Mingyu give in, Nayeon started speaking, telling Mingyu whatever she had to say. Mingyu was lost and confused.

“That’s not true…he wouldn’t do such things…he loves-” Mingyu got interrupted.

“You think he loves you. When in actual fact, he doesn’t. Let me show you some pictures if you still don’t believe me.” Nayeon said, whipping out her phone. Mingyu felt a pang in his heart when he saw the pictures. He really wanted to believe in Wonwoo, he didn’t want to trust Nayeon. But the pictures. Seemed to prove that whatever Nayeon said was true. Mingyu’s head was spinning. He trusted Wonwoo, but why do things like these keep happening? Were they really not meant for each other? Maybe that’s why fate keeps playing with them. As soon as Nayeon was done with whatever she wanted to say, Mingyu walked away. He looked at his watch, 12.17pm. He had no time to look for Wonwoo, warm-ups start at 12.30pm. He also didn’t know if he wanted to see Wonwoo.

“Yah! Mingyu! Hurry up! We’re starting warm-ups soon! Where the hell did you go!” Sang hollered, signalling for Mingyu to hurry along. Mingyu changed into his jersey and basketball pants before joining the team. They did their warm-ups and started to play against each other. Shortly after, their opponents had arrived in the gym. Both teams greeted each other and when the final bell rang, they were at their own positions, ready to start the match. The audience started to flood into the gym, and Mingyu’s eyes were scanning the benches. Strangely, the older didn’t seem to be anywhere in sight.

The match started, both teams st

Please log in to read the full chapter