I'm Yours

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 37- I’m Yours

“So…who was it that you apologized to? Making you blush all red in the morning? And even late for the great ol’ Mr Kim’s lesson?” Jun teased as the two stood outside their class. It didn’t make things any better when some seniors walking pass their class laughed at them.

“Hey…Wonwoo…is erm…Jihoon feeling okay now?” A very familiar voice asked. It caught both Wonwoo and Jun’s attention.

“What the do you want now after breaking his heart HYUNG?” Wonwoo growled, emphasizing on the last word.

“Woah woah. Won chill man.” Jun said, pulling Wonwoo back before the other could throw a fist into Seungcheol’s face.

“Look! I was really sorry for what I said. And after thinking about it I really wanted to apologize to Jihoon and-” A fist was thrown across, hitting the oldest in his jaw.

“That was for saying those mean things to Jihoon. And this one is for breaking his heart.” Wonwoo said, throwing another punch, this time hitting Seungcheol near his eye.

“And this last one is a warning for you to stay the away.” Wonwoo snarled, throwing one last punch, which was slightly weaker because Jun was literally dragging and pulling him away across the hallway.

“Jeon Wonwoo. Into the principal’s office. Now.” Mr Kim shouted. It turned out they were making so much noise unknowingly that they had caught the attention of the entire class. Everyone was watching the scene from inside the class, and of course Mr Kim had to do something about it. Wonwoo stared at Seungcheol one last time before stomping his way into the office. Mr Kim dismissed the crowd that had gradually formed around Seungcheol.

“Mr Moon. I’ll trust you to send Seungcheol to the infirmary. Now don’t try anything funny like getting into another fight…” Mr Kim said before he sent two of the boys off.

“Hyung…are you okay? Those punches…didn’t look like something that would come from Won…” Jun winced, looking at the bruises that were already forming on Seungcheol’s face.

“I deserved it…but his punches…are really strong these day…has he been training with you?” Seungcheol asked, turning his head to look at Jun.

“I’ve noticed that his punches are getting stronger too…I’m a victim myself…” Jun sighed. The two entered the infirmary and soon Seungcheol’s face was fixed. By fixed I meant having medication applied everywhere. Seungcheol then went back to his class, thanking Jun for his company. Whatever Seungcheol hyung did…it must have been pretty bad. Won doesn’t throw punches around as and when he liked…But what could have happened between Jihoon and hyung… Jun thought making his way back into class.

 

Meanwhile in the principal’s office…

“Jeon Wonwoo? The principal is ready to see you.” The administrator, Ms Lee said. Wonwoo got up from the comfortable sofa, knocked on the door before entering.

“Mr…Jeon Wonwoo?” Mr Jung called out, pointing to the chair in front of his desk.

“So…what could a top student like yourself do to end up here?” Mr Jung asked. Although he did receive a call from Mr Kim about the situation, he preferred to hear the students explain it themselves. He wanted to hear both sides of the story and not accuse the students.

“I…punched a senior…thrice in the face…” Wonwoo said, guilt and fear clearly present in his voice. He was shaking. He had never gotten into any sort of trouble. So getting sent to the principal’s office was a nightmare. He didn’t know what kind of punishment he would get.

“And may I know why? Was he bullying you? Threatening you?” Mr Jung pushed on.

“N-no Sir…But he…hurt my frie- I mean brother…emotionally.” Wonwoo said, looking down at his feet.

“Although you did have a reason… I still have to punish you. Mr Jeon. You need to know that you’re becoming an adult soon. Do you not know that violence is the worst way to fix a situation? It should never be considered as a solution. And for beating up a school mate. I’ll have to suspend you for a week. And when you come back. Detention for a week. I need to make sure that the rest of the school knows the consequences of fighting. And I’ll be calling your guardians.” Mr Jung said.

“S-sir…please. Can’t I have a lighter punishment? I promise not to do it again! Please!” Wonwoo’s voice shook, a tear rolling down his cheek. It wasn’t that Aunt Soomin or Uncle Junmin would get upset at him. He just didn’t want them to worry about him. And he really hated disappointing others.

“I’m sorry Mr Jeon. But you should have thought about the consequences before throwing any punches…And to think that you’re a part of the student council. Please go back to your class and collect your belongings.” Mr Jung dismissed Wonwoo. The poor boy was shaking so much as he made his way back to class. He washed his face in the toilet before heading back to class. When he stepped into class, his classmates were all staring at him. Ashamed, Wonwoo hurriedly packed his bag before running out of class. It didn’t feel great to have attention on himself, especially not when it’s a bad reason. Wonwoo turned off his phone, knowing that his friends would be calling him after hearing about what happened. Thankfully he didn’t have work today and he decided not to go home for now. He wanted to be alone. To clear his mind. His life for the past few weeks has been nothing but draining and tiring. He was so tired. Physically and mentally. Why was so many things happening at once?

Wonwoo walked along the streets, dragging his feet across the concrete ground. He was just questioning himself, his entire existence. He kept walking, crossing the roads. He had no idea where his feet was bringing him to. He didn’t have a destination in mind. He just wanted to loiter outside. Why do I have to live like this…my life is just one pathetic joke. Why do people still want to stay with me…Jihoon, Jun, Mingyu…Can’t they see that I’m one big mess…There goes my chances of getting a scholarship to enter one of the most prestigious universities…Goodbye literature modules…goodbye writing classes…This fight will be a dark stain in my records for sure…why Jeon Wonwoo…why…

“Save me…save me!” A voice shouted, and before Wonwoo could react, he got knocked down into the ground. Wonwoo winced at the pain he felt. When he looked up, there was this guy looking at him with his eyes wide.

“Hurry! Run if you still want your life!” The stranger shouted, pulling Wonwoo’s hand, running off down into an alley. Wonwoo ran for his dear life, panting heavily. The guy pulled him into a dark building. The guy placed his hand over Wonwoo’s mouth, asking him to be silent. Seemed like the people chasing him were nearby. The guy looked outside, ducking his head back in when someone ran past the building. The guy then looked outside once more, retreating his hand. It was safe now.

“I’m sorry for what happened just now…I didn’t mean it…Those people chasing me…were bullies…” The guy said, looking down at his feet. He walked out of the building, dragging his feet along the ground. Wonwoo looked around at his surroundings. He was not familiar with this place. He had somehow ended up at one of

Please log in to read the full chapter