The Start of Something New

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 34- The Start of Something New

Wonwoo had a hard time consoling Jihoon. It took him 2 whole hours before the younger finally stopped crying and fell asleep on his bed. Wonwoo sat on the floor, observing Jihoon sleeping. His breathing was stable, letting out a sob occasionally. He did nothing to deserve this…it’s so torturous to watch him suffer and I can do nothing about it…he must have felt this helpless when it was me… Wonwoo regretted agreeing to Mingyu’s decision. But he knew if the two didn’t talk it out, they would have suffered even more. His phone vibrated and he took it out knowingly. The brightness from his phone almost blinded him, but he gradually got used to it in the darkness of Jihoon’s room.

 

From: PupGyu

Hey…Wonnie?

 

To: PupGyu

Yeah?

 

From: PupGyu

How’s…Jihoon hyung? (._. )

I’m sorry…for creating this mess…if I didn’t suggest this. It wouldn’t have happened.

 

To: PupGyu

He finally stopped crying after 2 hours…and he’s taking a nap right now.

Don’t apologize…it was bound to happen.

It just…happened…

Earlier.

What about Seungcheol hyung? Is he okay?

 

From: PupGyu

He…should be fine.

He was the culprit after all…

What’re you doing now?

 

To: PupGyu

Nothing much…just watching Jihoon sleep

 

From: PupGyu

Wah…can I be jealous of Jihoon hyung… (⌣́_⌣̀)

 

To: PupGyu

Why would you even be jealous of that…

 

As Wonwoo hit the send button, Jihoon turned around and he rubbed his eyes. He sat up on his bed staring blankly at Wonwoo.

“A-are you…feeling better?” Wonwoo asked, as he walked towards the window and opened the curtains to let some light in. It was slightly past 5, almost dinner time.

“A little hungry…” Jihoon croaked. His voice had become hoarse after that big mess of crying. Wonwoo nodded his head before he picked up a few flyers, putting them in front of Jihoon’s hand.

“Pick one. I’ll treat. This time, no surprises…” Wonwoo promised. Jihoon peered at Wonwoo, wanting to make sure that he was sure of his own words. Upon receiving reassurance from the older, he picked out a flyer from the pizza place. Wonwoo’s phone buzzed once more.

 

From: PupGyu

I’m kinda hungry…wanna hang out?

 

To: PupGyu

Nah…I wanna stay home with Jihoon.

We’re ordering pizza. \(◦'⌣'◦)/

 

From: PupGyu

Heol…

I wanna eat pizza too!

Can I come pleaseeeeee? It’s been quite some time since I had pizza…

 

To: PupGyu

I’m not too sure if Jihoon wants other company…

 

From: PupGyu

I’ll ask him then!

 

Seconds after Wonwoo received the message, Jihoon’s phone vibrated and the screen lit up. The shorter picked up his phone, brows drew together. He wasn’t expecting messages from anyone.

 

From: Unknown

Jihoonie hyung! I got your number from Soonyoung hyung!

 

To: Unknown

Who are you?

 

From: Unknown

Kim Mingyu :3

 

To: Annoying dongsaeng Kimchi

What do you want?!

 

From: Annoying dongsaeng Kimchi

Ayyyy hyung…don’t be so mean…

Can I join you guys for dinner? I heard from Wonnie that you guys are having pizza?

It’s been a long time since I had some…

Please?

 

Jihoon looked up from his phone, shooting Wonwoo a stare. The older looked back at him with a questioningly look, raising his hands as if saying he did nothing. Jihoon showed Wonwoo the chain of messages he received as Wonwoo choked on his saliva.

“I didn’t know he was serious…But…Jihoon-ah. He’ll be quite useful though. I mean he’s quite the clown. He can cheer you up?” Wonwoo made an excuse, lifting his eyebrows. He wanted the younger to come over, but he needed an excuse.

“Fine…call me once the pizza’s here…” Jihoon croaked before lifting the covers and going back to sleep. Wonwoo stepped out of his room quietly before making his order.

 

To: PupGyu

Not sure if Jihoon told you. But he said that it’s okay for you to come over for dinner.

 

From: PupGyu

I’m already on my way.

 

To: PupGyu

But…how?

I just told you though…

 

From: PupGyu

Just wanted to take a bet. I left house after getting Jihoon hyung’s number.

Hehe.

 

As Wonwoo sat in the living room, he was wondering how fast the tables could turn. Less than a week ago, he was the one sobbing and fighting for his life. And now, Jihoon was the one crying his eyes out. He couldn’t help but wonder how their lives ended up like this. And his gut feeling was telling him that the nightmare was still not over. Something worse was about to happen. Sometimes he wished that he was ignorant enough, like Mingyu so that he could be carefree. Afterall, ignorance is bliss. The doorbell rang and Wonwoo wondered just how long he had been sitting on the sofa in his own world. As he opened the door, a very familiar face came to sight. But he couldn’t quite remember who this person was.

“Hi Sir. That would be 25,900 won.” The delivery guy said, as he handed the pizzas over to Wonwoo, who was still staring at him.

“Sir? Sir?” The guy repeated a few times.

“Hey Won! What are you doing? Pay the guy already.” Mingyu said as he walked up the porch, his hands in his pockets.

“Mingyu?” The delivery guy said as he turned around at the presence of another person.

“Byungchan? Hey! What’re you doing here?” Mingyu greeted his friend, doing their friendship handshake.

“You look…very familiar…have we met?” Wonwoo spoke for the first time, as he passed the money to Byungchan. Byungchan’s forehead creased as he inspected Wonwoo’s features. Then his face lit up.

“Oh yes yes! Oh my god! I would never ever forget you! I pulled you back before you got knocked over by that car remember? I even brought you to the hospital with your brother! Are you feeling better now?” Byungchan exclaimed as he did a physical inspection of Wonwoo with his sparkling eyes. It was now Mingyu’s turn to be confused. He had no idea what the two were talking about. He needed to talk about this with Wonwoo later when Byungchan had left.

“Err yeah. Definitely better. Thank you so much for saving my life back then…Keep the change alright! It’s my tip to you.” Wonwoo said.

“Thanks dude! Mingyu-ah, which school are you currently enrolled in?” Byungchan asked the younger, who had been strangely quiet the past minute.

“…Ahhh…Pledis High.” Mingyu replied curtly.

“You gotta be kidding me…I just transferred there! Hey man, I gotta go. Catch up in school on Monday alright?” Byungchan said, before running off the porch.

“It was nice meeting you Mingyu’s friend!” Byungchan hollered while waving before getting on his bike and rode off to his next destination. Mingyu stepped into the house, with Wonwoo following after and the younger shot him a look that practically said ‘We need to talk’. Wonwoo had no idea what the younger was trying to say, and he left him in the living room alone. His initial plans were to wake Jihoon up and get him to come down for the pizza, but as he was approaching the younger’s room, he heard loud sobs coming from inside. It broke his heart into pieces to know that Jihoon was still crying. But he really couldn’t blame the other. That is the effects of love. Once you fall deep enough, there’s no turning back. Wonwoo’s back hit the wall next to Jihoon’s door and he slid to the ground. He hugged his knees tightly together, feeling so helpless. He was angry at himself for being useless. Not knowing what to do in this si

Please log in to read the full chapter