Panic Attack

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 30- Panic Attack

“Hey watch out!” A tall, slim guy pulled Wonwoo away from the road onto the pavement.

“Hey! Are you okay?! !” The same guy exclaimed as Wonwoo fainted in his arms. Jihoon ran over to Wonwoo’s side as soon as the traffic light turned green.

“What happened?! Oh my god! Won! Wake up! !” Jihoon screamed, tapping Wonwo’s face non-stop.

“I think we should take him to the hospital. Let me help you!” The guy said, before he placed Wonwoo on his back and the two took a cab to the nearest hospital. Wonwoo was then brought into the emergency ward where the doctors examined him.

“Have you called your guardian?” The doctor asked Jihoon as he stepped out.

“Yes. Their on the way. I’m his brother. May I know what happened to him?” Jihoon asked anxiously, playing the sleeves of his shirt.

“He fainted from shock. Do you perhaps know anything about his medical history?” The doctor asked, crossing his arms.

“Yeah. He used to have panic attacks quite frequently. But the last time he fainted from such an attack was almost 2 years ago…” Jihoon said, looking down at the floor. He was disappointed at himself. Wonwoo had got another attack on his watch again. It was not supposed to happen anymore. Wonwoo promised him.

“He should be fine now…just try to keep him relaxed for the next few days. Try not to shock him or agitate him further. Once your guardian gets here, he can leave.” The doctor said and Jihoon thanked him.

“Hey…erm…I think I better get going…I hope your brother gets well soon!” The guy who helped Wonwoo patted Jihoon on the shoulder.

“Y-yeah. Thanks a lot. I really wouldn’t have managed on my own. What’s your name by the way?” Jihoon asked.

“My name’s Byeongchan. You?” The guy smiled, his dimples showing.

“Jihoon. Lee Jihoon.” Jihoon said as the guy bowed before walking off. Jihoon sat outside the ward, his hands shaking. Just when he thought the day was going pretty well, this had to happen. I should have taken care of Wonwoo better…the moment I saw Sejun outside the ice-cream shop. I should have brought Wonwoo home. Why didn’t I think of that……Wonwoo…I’m really sorry. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me...Why did this have to happen to you again…You don't deserve this...

“Jihoon-ah! Where’s Wonwoo? Is he okay?!” Aunt Soomin exclaimed as she ran over to him. Jihoon broke down in tears as soon as she hugged him.

“I’m s-sorry Aunt Soomin. I r-really am. I d-didn’t mean to not t-take care of him. Everything just h-happened so quickly…I was just w-walking with him on the s-streets and all of a sudden he ran away and all of a sudden he almost got knocked down by a car…” Jihoon stuttered while crying.

“Don’t worry…it isn’t your fault…darling please don’t cry…Wonwoo’s going to be upset if he finds out that you’re crying because of him.” Aunt Soomin consoled as she wiped Jihoon’s tears. She panicked and cried the moment she received the call from Jihoon. But along the way, she calmed herself down. They entered the ward and Wonwoo was already awake. He was just staring into blank space.

“W-wonwoo darling? Are you feeling better?” Aunt Soomin asked, trying her best not to cry upon seeing how frail and weak Wonwoo looked. His cheeks were sunken, his face paler than ever and he seemed to be shivering in fear. He looked so fragile that if you touched him gently, he might just break into pieces.

“I’m sorry…Won-ah…I’m really sorry.” Jihoon repeated, as he stood next to Wonwoo’s bed. The older didn’t respond, just staring at the empty bed opposite to his.

“Hey…we can go home now. I’ve done the paperworks and the doctor prescribed some Valium for him…Won-ah. Are you able to walk yourself?” Uncle Junmin asked as he walked into the ward. Still no response. After several minutes of discussion on how to transport Wonwoo to the car, they decided to let Uncle Junmin carry Wonwoo on his back.

“Aigooo…my poor son. You need to eat more to get better once you get home. I’ll ask your Aunt Soomin to make lots and lots of chicken soup for you.” Uncle Junmin said, as they made their way into the carpark. The entire journey home was torturous. No one said a word. Only the light breathings could be heard. As soon as they got home, they all gathered in Wonwoo’s room as the boy laid in his bed. Aunt Soomin and Uncle Junmin set up mattresses on the ground, while Jihoon moved his blanket and pillows over. They would always keep an eye on Wonwoo, not wanting to leave him alone in case he has another one of his attacks. It was common for him to have a follow-up attack after the major ones where he fainted. Jihoon placed his stuff next to Wonwoo and he brought his earpiece over.

“Let’s listen to some music. It’ll soothe your nerves…” Jihoon whispered as he plugged in one side on the earpiece into Wonwoo’s ear. The older closed his eyes, tired after the episode. Aunt Soomin went to cook some dinner, while Uncle Junmin was doing his work on the ground next to Wonwoo’s bed. Soft breathing came from Wonwoo, and it was a good sign for Jihoon. It meant that the older was slightly more relaxed now. Jihoon then felt Wonwoo hook their pinky finger together tightly. It was something he did whenever he needed comfort. Especially at times like these.

“Won-ah. Jihoon-ah. Have some food before getting some rest.” Aunt Soomin said, bringing a tray with hot soup and some rice. She placed it before Jihoon, encouraging the boy to eat.

“Have some soup at least…It’ll warm you up. You need me to help you?” Jihoon asked, patting Wonwoo gently on his shoulder. Wonwoo opened his eyes, and Jihoon had to look away. The look in Wonwoo’s eyes would make Jihoon cry for sure. The older lifted the spoon with the minimal strength he had, taking in a few spoonfuls before stopping entirely.

“You…need to eat too.” Wonwoo’s croaked. Jihoon choked up, and he quickly stuffed his mouth with as much rice and soup as he could to stop himself from tearing up. The entire family finished dinner and soon they were ready for bed.

“Wonwoo-ah…about today. I’m really sorry that I couldn’t help you…the attack came too…suddenly.” Jihoon said, tears flowing down his cheeks. Wonwoo cracked a small, sad smile, using his thumb to wipe his tears. Wonwoo shook his head, looking at Jihoon gently in the eyes. It’s not your fault. I didn’t expect myself to have the attack as well. I just never expected myself to see him again after so long. Wonwoo sent a telepathic message to Jihoon. The younger seemed to understand as he nodded his head before hooking their pinkies together. The two fell asleep next to each other.

In the middle of the night, Jihoon woke up to Wonwoo grasping on to his hand tightly. The older was breaking out in cold sweat, his face pale white and his breathing was uneven.

“Won. Breathe in. Breathe out.” Jihoon panicked as he saw the older trembling. The medicine! Lee Jihoon! Did you forget? Jihoon chided himself internally as he rushed over to Wonwoo’s study table where the medication was placed. He measured the correct amount of liquid medication and poured a glass of water before rushing over to Wonwoo’s side.

“Hey! Hurry take this! It’ll make you feel better! I promise!” Jihoon said as he held the spoon in front of Wonwoo's face. Wonwoo drank the medication and dunked the entire glass of water, wincing at its bitter taste. Moments later, the medication was taking effect and Wonwoo was slowly calming down. Jihoon stayed by his side the entire time, holding onto his hand tightly. Wonwoo reached out to his bedside for his phone, but his hand was slapped away by Jihoon. He looked at the younger with a questioning look.

“Not now. You’re still feeling weak. Tomorrow.” Jihoon replied, pointing to Wonwoo’s pillow. Th

Please log in to read the full chapter