Ice cream dates

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Before starting this chapter, take note that this is a double chapter update!! Hehehe. It is a reward for all my lovely subscribers and all of you who comments frequently~

Chapter 7- Ice cream dates

All of a sudden, a shadow casted over Wonwoo, blocking out the sun. Wonwoo’s eye brows creased together, he opened his eyes to see. A sweaty Mingyu smiling brightly, his eyes creasing into a straight line. “Wonwoo-ah! Let’s go get some ice cream!” Mingyu said excitedly, holding out his hand offering help to Wonwoo. Wonwoo reached out his left hand and held onto Mingyu’s hand. The two, walked hand in hand towards a convenient store that was near the playground. As they stepped into the store, cold air welcomed them and the heat that was suffocating them was wiped out. As they were walking around and exploring the store, Mingyu never released Wonwoo’s hand. They had their fingers interlocked, swinging it with every step they took. When they finally found the freezer where the ice creams were kept, they opened it. “Wonwoo-ah. Which one do you want? Vanilla? Chocolate? Strawberry?” Mingyu questioned. “Hmmm…I want…Chocolate!” Wonwoo said, smiling brightly with his nose scrunched together. “Then I want…ermmm…” Mingyu thought really hard, tapping his chin with a finger. It was like he was making some kind of life decision. “Hurry up Mingyu-ah! It’s getting cold in here!” Wonwoo said, shivering a little. “Hehe. You’re cold? Let me hug you then! Don’t forget! I’m a ball of warm sunshine!” Mingyu announced, before he lunged forward and hugged Wonwoo. “Yah! Kim Mingyu! You’re so smelly! Get away! Hurry choose your ice cream! I’m leaving without you!” Wonwoo had a look of disgust on his face. Well. Mingyu did had fun running around at the playground previously.

“Fine! I’ll get the same as you then. Chocolate~!” Mingyu said, as he picked out his ice cream. The two placed the ice cream on the counter and the cashier told them it was 2,400 won. Mingyu automatically turned his head to look at Wonwoo, with a smile on his face. Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, questioning Mingyu. “Did you forget something…? My ice cream!” Mingyu whined, feeling upset that Wonwoo forget his promise. “No! I didn’t forget! I just wanted to make…sure that that was all you wanted.” Wonwoo made up a lie on the spot. He was relieved to see that Mingyu bought the lie. The younger boy smiled so brightly it was like he could light up a dark place. They two ate their ice cream happily while walking back to the playground. “Wonwoo hyung! Why did you eat ice cream by yourself? Why don’t I have anyyyyyyyy. Didn’t you say you love me the most?” Chan whined as he saw Wonwoo’s walking figure from afar. Wonwoo smiled apologetically, offering to buy Chan an ice cream after dinner. The whining boy pouted as he held onto Wonwoo’s leg. Wonwoo’s heart broke into pieces. He was about to give up and walk back to the convenient store when Mingyu suddenly squatted down next to Chan. “Chan-ah! Don’t be upset at Wonwoo alright? Here. Let’s share this!” Mingyu offered his ice cream to Chan. Wonwoo was shocked to see Mingyu so mature all of a sudden, sharing his ice cream. “Let’s go back now guys! I’m so hungry!” Seokmin and Soonyoung complained at the same time. The two turned to look at each other, hi-fiving the other. Vernon and Jun went separate ways from the boys.

As soon as they stepped into the orphanage, they saw Mr and Mrs Choi standing by the door, awaiting for their arrival. “So boys. Explain yourselves.” Mr Choi stated, looking at all of them. “Wonwoo actually got his injuries because of Mingyu…” Soonyoung started off. “Yeah! They were wrestling. And you know clumsy Mingyu. He accidentally pushed Wonwoo off the bed.” Jihoon continued. Mr and Mrs Choi didn’t actually believe at first, but as soon as Jihoon started talking, they were convinced. They knew that Jihoon would never lie to them. All the boys started laughing, as if the made up scenario was real. Even Wonwoo. Mingyu, however was pouting. He didn’t like how his hyungs always made fun of him, calling him a clutz. But he didn’t mind getting teased for once if it meant saving Wonwoo. Mrs Choi then asked the boys to go for lunch before showering. They all wolfed down their food, hungry from running and playing. Wonwoo had some difficulties trying to eat his lunch using his left hand. He made a big mess. Rice was all over his face and he even spilt some soup on his leg. He was frustrated and he threw the spoon on the table. At the sight of Wonwoo not eating lunch, Mingyu ate even faster. He practically downed his soup in one mouth before picking up Wonwoo’s spoon. “Let me feed you. It’s easier!” Mingyu said, scooping rice from Wonwoo’s bowl. He brought the spoon to Wonwoo’ mouth, but Wonwoo turned his head away. “Wonwoo baby! Here comes the aeroplaneeeeee~Zoooooooom~” Mingyu cooed, trying to pacify Wonwoo. “Ayyyy. Stop it. I’m not a baby.” Wonwoo said, crossing his arms. “It’s really delicious. Are you sure you want to stop eating? You’re going to be so hungry later~” Mingyu tempted Wonwoo, waving a piece of meat in front of him.

Well. What he said was true. I’m kind of hungry… Wonwoo thought to himself. He opened his mouth and ate the rice on the spoon. Mingyu was satisfied at Wonwoo cooperat

Please log in to read the full chapter