Wake Up Call

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 62- Wake Up Call

Awkwardness filled the space between the three. Mingyu staring at Wonwoo, Wonwoo staring at Hayoung and Hayoung not knowing what to do. But finally, one spoke up, breaking the silence.

“What are you doing in school this late? With Sang hyung’s girlfriend at that.” Mingyu asked. Wonwoo had never seen this serious expression on Mingyu before. It made the younger look angry, and Wonwoo wished he never saw this expression. Hayoung took a step back, eyeing Mingyu warily. She could feel a fight about to start, and she didn’t want to get involved. But apparently she was already involved.

“It’s none of your business. We were doing our own stuff. And I’m sending her home.” Wonwoo fired a shot, as he held Hayoung’s arm, making the girl look down.

“Sang hyung’s a nice guy. I would advise you to be loyal.” Mingyu said, directing his message to Hayoung, who merely nodded her head, trying to avoid all kinds of conflict.

“Yah! Don’t nod your head to that! Sang hyung knows how close we are. And Kim Mingyu. Don’t go round giving advices that you can’t even follow yourself…” Wonwoo rolled his eyes before he pulled Hayoung along, making their way to the bustop. Mingyu ruffled his hair, watching Wonwoo’s disappearing back view. Something must have happened again. That’s why Wonwoo was acting this way to Mingyu again. He walked in the opposite direction, heading to the café. He hadn’t been there in a long time. They couldn’t go to work during examination periods, a rule made by Jeonghan. He figured he could visit the older and talk things out, and maybe get a free meal.

 

“Where do you live?” Wonwoo asked, as the two sat at the bustop.

“Why are you asking?” Hayoung asked back, raising her brows at the other.

“I was serious about sending you home.” Wonwoo replied curtly, as he turned back to see if the younger followed them. Thankfully he didn’t.

“Ah…oh! Bus is here! Let’s go!” Hayoung hopped on the bench gently, both of them boarding the bus that just arrived.

“Hey. Don’t get too bothered by what he says okay? As you can tell he’s an .” Wonwoo said, patting Hayoung’s shoulder.

“But what if he really misunderstands us?” Hayoung asked.

“Don’t worry. If Sang hyung ever asks, just tell him to come look for me. I’ll explain-” Wonwoo replied.

“No. I’m not concerned about Sangie…but it’s more of you and Mingyu…what if…he thinks that we’re together. And he gives up…?” Hayoung questions.

“Well then so be it. I can’t do anything if he doesn’t trust me at all. Whatever. Let’s not talk about the jerk.” Wonwoo rolled his eyes. Hayoung was getting far beyond concerned about the relationship between Wonwoo and Mingyu now. Mingyu definitely still cares about Wonwoo. A lot. He wouldn’t have had his guards up against Hayoung previously if he wasn’t. And Wonwoo seemed to care a little too less about Mingyu’s feelings. The way he spoke to Mingyu was dripping with annoyance previously. And the name callings. It wasn’t Wonwoo to do such things.

“Thanks for sending me home. I guess I’ll see you at the clubroom during lunch tomorrow?” Hayoung smiled, as she stood just outside her apartment. Wonwoo nodded his head, waving as Hayoung headed into her flat. Time to head back to his own home. One more day of school tomorrow and he’ll have the entire weekends alone at home, mugging. And then the next week would fly pass really fast due to midterms. And before you know it, Wonwoo would finally get a break. From school. And all the shenanigans that came along with it. When he got home, he got the stink eye from Jihoon for avoiding them after school. But other than that, all was good.

 

Meanwhile…

“Welcome to- Oh?! Mingyu-ah! What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be revising- hey! What’s up with the long face…?” Jeonghan went on and on the moment Mingyu stepped in. He looked at the younger and it occurred to him that Mingyu was in one of his bad moods.

“Let’s talk.” Jeonghan said, before he assigned another part-timer to take over the counter. He walked into the employee’s room with Mingyu following behind. He watched the younger flop onto the sofa, groaning as his head hit the wall.

“What happened? Had a long day at school? How’s your revisions coming along?” Jeonghan asked.

“Hyung…is that all you care? About my grades?” Mingyu frowned, pouting a little.

“Of course not! Wanna tell me what happened?” Jeonghan asked, this time softening his tone.

“Lots of things happened within this one week…” Mingyu groaned. Jeonghan kept quiet, waiting for the younger to feel comfortable and tell him.

“Remember…I told you that he left Seoul after our breakup? Well when he came back…we went to visit his mother’s grave together. And somehow that night…I still had hopes of us being together. But that Nayeon just had to drag me on some stupid date, but I made sure Won came along. Then he left without me…but at the end of the day we had fun together in the orphanage when he came to tutor Chan. Here comes the worst and dramatic part. He gets knocked out by Nayeon and he lost all his memories…of me…” Mingyu said, his eyes getting a little teary at the end.

“What?! All that happened this week? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! How is he now?” Jeonghan exclaimed, hitting the younger’s shoulder.

“And…he started having all these flashbacks, slowing gaining his memories back. And he was initially willing to be friends with me. But after this morning, he started to avoid me again. And he was being so cold towards me…the words he used…” Mingyu shook his head, looking at the ceiling. Here we go again. Mingyu feeling all weak and useless when it comes to Wonwoo.

“Flashbacks? So you mean he’s remembering things from the past already?” Jeonghan asked, Mingyu nodding his head.

“Hmm…what triggers these flashbacks? Perhaps the things you do?” Jeonghan suggested. Mingyu started to think hard, eyebrows furrowing together. Wait. Jeonghan did make sense. Come to think of it…Wonwoo seemed to be having these flashbacks only when Mingyu was around. Maybe it really was what Mingyu did that triggered these flashbacks. The lightbulb in his head was finally lighting up.

“B-but…this morning…we didn’t even see each other? What could have triggered his flashback?” Mingyu questioned himself aloud.

“What were you doing before that?” Jeonghan asked, curious about the entire event.

“…I was at my locker…and Nayeon approached me…before she………she kissed me on my lips and I think Wonnie saw everything. . I screwed up again. ! Jeonghan hyung! What am I going to do now?! He probably thinks that I’m some ed up jerk whose two timing. Oh . Now he’s probably never going to want to talk to me. Help me please Jeonghan hyung!” Mingyu started freaking out, as he paced around the employee’s room.

“YAH! KIM MINGYU! WHAT DID YOU DO?!” Jeonghan shouted at the boy, not helping at all. Jeonghan was now shouting at the younger, reprimanding him for being all stupid, letting the Nayeon girl kiss him. And Mingyu was just pacing around the room, worried about what Wonwoo might have thought.

“Hey guys! What’s the fuss all about? The customers are getting worried!” Joshua exclaimed as he stepped into the employee’s room. When he saw Jeonghan looked pissed, he was scared for life. Not his. Mingyu’s. It was nearly impossible to see Jeonghan get mad. Because the older was such an angel. He would try to understand and think from the other person’s perspective. And now, he was furious. He tried, but he couldn’t understand Mingyu at all. Why didn’t he push the girl away? Why wasn’t he more firm with his stand? Why couldn’t he reject the girl? Did the younger have any other feelings for the girl that led him to being unable to reject her?

“Kim Mingyu. You’re such an . I hate guys like you. You think just because you’re good looking you can play around with Won?” Jeonghan chided with Joshua pulling the older back. Mingyu was now hiding in the corner, afraid of the furious looking Jeonghan. He has never seen the older this angry before.

But Joshua knew that there was a reason why Jeonghan acted this way. The older had a past relationship that didn’t end that well. He used to date a guy back in high school to his first year in college, and they were dating happily for 2 years. On his boyfriend’s birthday,

Please log in to read the full chapter