Trap

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 43- Trap

Wonwoo couldn’t keep still the entire time in class, knowing how he might be seeing Mingyu after school. He was either shaking his legs or spinning a pen.

“Are you having a sugar rush? Quit moving around…” Jun mumbled, kicking Wonwoo’s shin in the process. The other let out a yelp, attracting the teacher’s attention. He apologized before looking down at his textbook again. He was half excited and half nervous. Excited because he could finally speak to Mingyu after days and maybe get back together with the younger. He missed the younger despite it only being a few days. He was nervous because he didn’t know if the younger would appear, or even listen to him.

“Are you sure he’s going to meet you? He didn’t mention anything during lunch?” Jun asked as the two walked out of class.

“Maybe he didn’t want to let the rest know…?” Wonwoo shrugged his shoulder. It made sense though. The rest of the gang would definitely stop Mingyu from meeting Wonwoo, wanting the latter to suffer more.

“Well…makes sense. But if he doesn’t turn up…you better go for detention okay. Don’t drag your emo somewhere and make me call the police.” Jun warned, pointing his finger at Wonwoo.

“Yeah yeah…whatever.” Wonwoo rolled his eyes playfully, wanting to bite Jun’s finger, but the other reacted fast.

“Stop acting like a dog. Urgh.” Jun said, shoving Wonwoo gently.

“See you tomorrow Chinese boy!” Wonwoo grinned, waving to the other. He made his way up onto the roof, throwing his bag against the door to keep it open. He walked on the roof, hands spread out. The wind was blowing, his hair flying in every direction.

“Mingyu-ah. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I already threw the bear away to prove to you that I’ve gotten over him. Ayyy this sounds weird…” Wonwoo mumbled to himself as he paced around the roof, reciting those words that he wanted to say to Mingyu. He looked at his watch, it was 10 minutes past dismissal time. But Mingyu was still not here. Maybe he’s doing some stuff…let’s just wait a little longer… He stood at the edge of the roof, back facing the door. He was watching those kids playing football under the hot scorching sun. Those were the times where he envied those kids who were nimble with their feet and arms. He wished he was one of them. But I guess a person can never be perfect. You’re either academically inclined or just born athletic. And a small handful are better at other things like music and dance.

As Wonwoo was appreciating the view from the edge, Nayeon approached the roof quietly, not wanting to attract Wonwoo’s attention. She looked around before removing his bag from the door and silently locking the door from outside. Well…I guess someone is spending the night here. That’s for trying to steal my oppa away from me . Another 10 minutes passed and Wonwoo was getting a little impatient. He wanted to search for his phone to see if Mingyu had texted him and he realized it was inside his bag. Speaking of bag…where was it?

“Wait…my bag was leaning against the door…which was left open. Why is it closed…” Wonwoo mumbled to himself as he walked towards the door. He placed his hand on the knob, trying to turn and open it. His eyes widened as the door didn’t budge. Hold up. Why is the door locked?! Wonwoo started to panic. He had detention in another 20 minutes, he was supposed to meet Mingyu and now he was locked on the roof.

“ …my phone is in my bag. Great…now I can’t call for help…” Wonwoo cursed as he tried to break the door down but nope. Jeon Wonwoo is weak. No muscles, no strength.

“Urgh…Is someone there? Hello! Someone is stuck on the roof! Help!” Wonwoo shouted, banging furiously on the door. He heard students talking, which meant that someone was close by.

“Help! Someone open this ing door! I’m stuck!” Wonwoo shouted, banging the door again.

“Won?! Is that you?!” A very familiar voice called out from the other side of the door. Wonwoo recognised the voice immediately. Who else could it be…

“Hold on! Let me unlock the door!” Mingyu shouted. Wonwoo could hear lots of shuffling from the other side and the door finally opened. Mingyu was standing there, looking at Wonwoo hesitantly. Being the smartest person ever, Wonwoo grabbed his bag by the door and as fast as he could, walked down the steps. But also being the clumsiest person ever, he tripped on his own foot and before his face could plummet into the ground, someone pulled him from behind.

“Be careful…don’t hurt yourself…” Mingyu whispered into Wonwoo’s ear as he had an arm wrapped around Wonwoo’s waist. Wonwoo struggled out of Mingyu’s grip, turning around.

“I wouldn’t be hurting if someone had turned up to let me explain myself. And I probably wouldn’t even be locked up there if someone had listened to me.” Wonwoo said, before stomping off, leaving Mingyu on the stairs feeling lost. He had no idea what Wonwoo was talking about.

“What was he talking about? He was waiting for me up there? But I didn’t even know that we were supposed to meet…” Mingyu whispered to himself. Mingyu decided to follow the older, not wanting him to get into more trouble or even worse, hurt himself.

Mingyu had a tough time avoiding the older. Everything he saw, did or hear, he was reminded of Wonwoo. When he saw the basketball team’s captain with his girlfriend, it reminded him of Wonwoo. The times where they held hands and walked on the streets. The times where they were in each other’s embrace. And the first time they kissed. Mingyu’s heart hurt whenever he picked up his phone and not see a new message from Wonwoo. The other day when he rejected Wonwoo at the lockers, he saw the look on the older’s face. It was heart wrenching. He wanted to give up on the plan Jihoon had made. He wanted to just pull Wonwoo into his arms once again, and tell the older everything is fine.

Mingyu sat outside the detention room. He wanted to wait for Wonwoo so that they could have their talk and patch things up. He needed the older more than anything. He looked at his watch. He had another hour to wait before detention would end, so he decided to run off to the cafeteria to grab something for Wonwoo. When he was there, he bumped into Soonyoung and Seokmin.

“Hey! Mingyu-ah. What are you still doing in school?” Soonyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

“A-ah…I have a p-project? So I kinda…stayed back…t-to finish it with my g-group…” Mingyu stuttered.

“But I swear I saw Eunwoo and your other friends leaving earlier…” Soonyoung said, as he looked at Mingyu suspiciously.

“Plus…Seokmin’s in your class…right? You don’t have any projects right Min?” Soonyoung asked, turning to his boyfriend. Mingyu eyed Seokmin, asking him to cover up.

“A-ah…I finished that long ago…” Seokmin lied, seeing how Mingyu was standing there anxiously, praying to not get busted.

“Well then…hurry along and finish your project! See you at home!” Soonyoung said, hooking arms with Seokmin.

Please log in to read the full chapter