Wonwoo's Graduation

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 67- Wonwoo’s Graduation

The eventful year had finally passed. No more psychopaths coming between the two of them. More small squabbles between the two, but nothing too serious happened. It brought Mingyu and Wonwoo closer. During this one year, Seungcheol had finally graduated from Pledis High, and now, it was Soonyoung, Jihoon, Jun and Wonwoo’s turn. The one day that they were all looking forward to, but at the same time dreading. They didn’t know what to expect from college life, but so far what they’ve heard from Seungcheol, it was kind of different from high school life.

 

“I hope all of you had made many beautiful memories in Pledis High…and hopefully friendships that will last a lifetime. It is now time for all of you to move onto the next stage of your lives. Please do take care of yourselves, and now I would like to invite our valedictorian on stage for his speech, Mr Jeon Wonwoo.” Mr Jung announced. Thunderous claps came from below the stage as Wonwoo took his place before the mike. He was feeling a little nervous before, but upon seeing his close friends cheering him on below, he felt like he was about to faint. His eyes scanned the crowd, trying to find that one kid who would make everything okay. Soonyoung, Jun, Jihoon, Seungcheol hyung, Minghao, Chan, Seokmin, Seungkwan and Hansol …There is Aunt Soomin and Uncle Junmin…but where the heck is that freaking puppy…?! Did he forget about our graduation ceremony?! Jesus Christ…I’ll kill him so badly if he forgot- A frown etched on Wonwoo’s face as he held a conversation with himself internally.

“Breathe baby…” Mingyu whispered as he stood at the side of the stage behind the curtains. Wonwoo’s head spun in his direction so quickly he felt like he just sprained it. But it was worth it. The bright grin Mingyu gave him, the cheering on fist Mingyu was pumping in the air. That gave Wonwoo the strength and courage to continue.

“So…we finally did it huh? After years and months of hardwork, we can finally get out of this place we dread so much. This one place where we literally drag our half-dead bodies to every single day. I’m not going to read out this stupid speech that I wrote yesterday…because really? Who gives a damn-I mean no one really cares. Sorry about that Mr Jung…” Wonwoo apologized when their principal shot him a look for cursing in front of the entire school.

“But one thing I’m sure every single one of us wants to say is. Thank you to all the teachers for making our lives here terrible but at the same time awesome. Thank you to all our parents for tolerating our rebellious selves. Thank you to all our friends who stuck next to us despite how incredibly crappy a person we are. To Aunt Soomin and Uncle Junmin. Thank you for being the best parents I could ever ask for. What Jihoon and I really want to say is…thank you Mum and Dad for being one of the most accepting and cool parents.” Wonwoo smiled as he saw Aunt Soomin and Uncle Junmin hug each other, covering their mouths as a tear or two flow down their cheeks. Wonwoo called them Mum and Dad.

“And to my bunch of friends, thank you for tolerating my nasty attitude and cold façade. Without you guys, I probably wouldn’t have survived high school. And lastly. The most important person. Kim Mingyu. Thank you for being such an understanding, kind, innocent, bubbly and reliable boyfriend. Thank you for always being there for me, making me feel better no matter what. Thank you for making me feel wanted and never giving up on us.” Wonwoo finished his speech, turning to make eye contact with Mingyu during his last part of the speech. If there was one thing Wonwoo had learnt from all the events and little squabbles during the past one year, it was to appreciate and acknowledge Mingyu’s efforts. He knew he wasn’t an easy person to deal with, but Mingyu did it. He embraced and love every single side there was to Wonwoo. Be it the gentle and cute one or the fierce and cold one.

Mingyu looked down at his shoes, breaking eye contact temporarily before squatting down, hugging his knees close to his chest. Loud cheers erupted from below, and Wonwoo ran to the backstage, hugging Mingyu’s shaking figure.

“Baby…don’t cry. It’s supposed to be a happy day. Why are you crying silly?” Wonwoo laughed, as he held Mingyu’s head close to his chest, rubbing the younger’s back.

“I-it’s all y-your fault…” Mingyu cried. He had a tight grip on Wonwoo’s shirt, making it wet with his tears and snot.

“Yah…don’t cry…I’m supposed to be the one crying. Not you. I’m the one graduating. Not you.” Wonwoo laughed as he felt Mingyu’s weak punches thrown at his chest.

“All right all right…stop crying my big puppy…” Wonwoo consoled, rubbing Mingyu’s back as his crying quietened down.

“Are you falling asleep? This kid…yah…don’t fall asleep-” Wonwoo was about to chide Mingyu when he felt a pair of soft lips hovering over his. Strawberry flavour. Wonwoo smiled as he tasted the sweet lip balm Mingyu applied. He gently pulled Mingyu’s head closer, deepening their kiss. They’ve done this for countless times, but each time felt like a new experience for Wonwoo. Today, it feels like watching fireworks in a s

Please log in to read the full chapter