Day-1

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 15- Day-1

“Boys! Wake up! Why are the two of you asleep here?” Mrs Choi shook Jihoon and Wonwoo by their shoulders. Apparently, the two had fallen asleep on the sofa yesterday night unknowingly. They were watching Titanic and halfway through the movie, they fell asleep. Wonwoo rubbed his eyes as he looked at the clock hung above the TV. 9am. He quickly went back to his room, remembering that he had left his luggage open on the floor next to his bed. He was relieved to see that Mingyu hadn’t return, and he quickly zipped up his luggage and pushed it under the bed. He washed up and change into a new set of clothes before he headed downstairs. “Wonwoo-ah. We’re asked to go to the office now…” Jihoon said sleepily, waving his hands to ask Wonwoo to come. They entered the office, greeting Mr Choi. “Morning boys! So, tomorrow’s the big day. How are you boys feeling?” Mr Choi asked. “Not really…feeling anything…” Wonwoo said, shrugging his shoulders. Mr Choi sighed, nodding his head. The boys were sad about leaving. It was obvious. “Mr Choi…what time will we be leaving tomorrow?” Jihoon asked cautiously. “Ah. Mr and Mrs Jung haven’t told me exactly yet. Why would you want to know?” Mr Choi questioned. “Is it okay…for us to leave as early as possible? Preferably before the rest wakes up…we didn’t tell them that we’re leaving…” Jihoon dragged his sentence. Wonwoo winced at the last part of Jihoon’s sentence. “Okay…I would tell them that. But may I ask why you boys didn’t tell your friends? Won’t they be upset?” Mr Choi was concerned. “We thought it would be better to leave without a sound…it would end up in tears. So…” Wonwoo spoke up this time. Mr Choi nodded his head, understanding what they meant. Wonwoo and Jihoon then left the office, thanking Mr Choi. Soon, the rest of the boys were up and seated in the kitchen having breakfast. Seungcheol had also arrived at the orphanage with his belongings, ready for the sleepover.

“Why is everyone so quiet today? Are you guys excited for the sleepover tonight?” Seungkwan asked, not able to sit still in his seat. Wonwoo and Jihoon were quiet, for obvious reasons. Mingyu and Soonyoung were eating in silence, still not able to reach a conclusion about Wonwoo and Jihoon’s weird behaviour. Chan and Seokmin were still tired, not having enough sleep. After breakfast, Mingyu decided that he needed to talk to Wonwoo. He wasn’t going to let their fight continue. As soon as Wonwoo walked into the room, Mingyu followed suit and locked the door. “What are you doing Kim Mingyu?” Wonwoo asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he turned around at the sound of the door lock. “We need to talk. Please.” Mingyu said, before he made himself comfortable on Wonwoo’s bed. Wonwoo sat down on his bed too, not looking at Mingyu. “Look, Wonwoo-ah. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to forget…plus we have lots of time. We can go out together anytime right…” Mingyu said carefully, observing Wonwoo’s expressions the entire time. “I know…I’m sorry too. For getting mad over this little thing.” Wonwoo said, before looking up at Mingyu guiltily. “Should we go walk at the shopping mall nearby? We can get ice cream too.” Mingyu asked, wanting to make it up to Wonwoo. Wonwoo nodded happily, before he grabbed his wallet and left with Mingyu. The two told the rest that they weren’t coming back for lunch, to which the rest whined and complained. “Seokmin hyung! Can I go too? Please?” Chan asked, pouting at Seokmin “Chan-ah. Don’t be silly. Mingyu and Wonwoo hyung can’t possibly watch over you.” Seokmin said, hugging the youngest. “B-but. I really want to go! Wonwoo hyung! Pleassssse!” Chan begged, tears were about to spill. Mingyu looked at Wonwoo, who nodded his head at the younger boy. Great. Now Chan has become a third wheel. As soon as they arrived at the mall, the boys walked into a video games shop. Mingyu was intrigued at the latest games. He was staring at the TV playing the demo of the game. “Wahhhhh. If I had money, I would have bought that game. Too bad. I spent all my money on SOMEONE’s birthday present.” Mingyu emphasized on the word ‘someone’ while looking at Wonwoo. Wonwoo stuck out his tongue at Mingyu, ignoring what Mingyu said. They then walked into a bookstore, Wonwoo’s paradise. Wonwoo picked up a few novels, reading through the summary. He then put them back, not having enough money.

The three of them came across a shop that sold snow globes with small little figurines inside. Mingyu was especially attracted to the one that had a little puppy standing next to a small boy with black hair. The boy with black hair reminded him of Wonwoo, who was now looking at other snow globes with Chan. “Hyunggggg. I’m hungry! Can we go eat now?” Chan asked, rubbing his little tummy. Wonwoo grinned, “Sure! You wanna eat burger?” Wonwoo asked, holding onto Chan’s little hand. Chan nodded his head, before he grabbed onto Mingyu’s hand, dragging the two out of the shop. They went to MacDonalds, and Wonwoo ordered 3 cheeseburgers. Chan was eating his burger happily, with Wonwoo watching him. Mingyu was just watching Wonwoo eat his burger. “Yah. Wonwoo-ah. Eat slowly! No one’s going to snatch it from you!” Mingyu scolded, as Wonwoo just choked on a piece of meat. “No way. Burger’s my favourite. Aren’t you going to eat yours?” Wonwoo asked, pointing to Mingyu’s burger. “I’m not really hungry. Here. You can have half of mine.” Mingyu said before tearing his burger into two. He gave the bigger half to Wonwoo, who grinned happily at the burger. Mingyu was just satisfied and full by watching Wonwoo eat. “Hyung! I need to go to the toilet!” Chan said, tugging Wonwoo by his shirt. “Mingyu-ah! Can you bring him to the toilet? I wanna go back to the bookstore for a moment.” Wonwoo asked. Mingyu nodded his head and the two left. Wonwoo hurriedly ran to the shop that sold snow globes and he bought the one Mingyu was staring at previously. I hope he likes this. Kim Mingyu. I don’t owe you anything after this…it’s my farewell gift for you. We’re even now. Wonwoo thought as the shopowner wrapped up the snow globe. Wonwoo saw a little dinosaur keychain, which reminded him of Chan. He picked it up and placed it on the counter. Wonwoo paid for both items before heading back to where he was supposed to wait for Chan and Mingyu. “Oh! Hyung! What did you buy?” Chan asked, as he poked the bag Wonwoo was carrying. “It’s a secret!” Wonwoo said, hiding the bag behind himself. It was getting late, 3pm in the afternoon and the boys headed to the playground near the orphanage. Chan was playing on the slides and monkey bars while Wonwoo and Mingyu were on the swings. “Are you excited for the sleepover?” Wonwoo asked, looking at the greenery in front of them. “Of course! That was how we got close in the first place. I can’t wait to introduce Minghao to you! He reminds me of you. A little. He is really quiet at first, but once he opens up, he can be quite mischievous.” Mingyu said, looking at Wonwoo’s side view.

Wonwoo nodded his head as he remembered their first sleepover. Him asking Mingyu lots of questions and Mingyu just answering them. Right. The Minghao boy…I almost forgot he was coming. Oh! Jun is coming too! Wonwoo snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a thud next to him. “AH! MY KNEE HURTS…it’s scraped. WONWOO-AH!” Min

Please log in to read the full chapter