Mingyu's Past

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 28- Mingyu’s Past

The two settled for burgers. I mean what else? Wonwoo is so predictable. And Mingyu is whipped.

“Hi Sir! May I take your order?” A girl who looked like she was 18 years old, asked as the two stood at the counter.

“Wonnie-ah. How many burgers do you want?” Mingyu asked, totally ignoring the girl, and his eyes were only on Wonwoo.

“Hmmm…I’ll have…4. Revenge for that stupid horror movie.” Wonwoo said, rolling his eyes when he recalled how stupid they looked running out of the theatres.

“Okay! Hi Miss. Can we have 5 burgers, 2 colas and 2 servings of fries. Thanks!” Mingyu said, ready to pull out his wallet.

“I’ll pay. You paid for our tickets already.” Wonwoo said, stopping Mingyu as he took out his own wallet. He paid the girl who made a ‘pfft’ sound and the two collected their number before walking to their seats.

“Hey. I think the girl is interested in you. She keeps looking over.” Wonwoo said, eyeing the girl for one last time before looking at Mingyu who looked like he couldn’t be bothered.

“Meh. I’m not interested in her. Why should I look at her when someone so perfect is right before my eyes?” Mingyu teased. A blush creeped up Wonwoo’s face and he started fanning it, trying to cool himself down.

“Hey oppa~ Your food is here. Thought I would bring it here for you so you wouldn’t have to walk over.” The girl said, winking at Mingyu as she placed one of the burger in front of him. She then rudely placed the tray with the rest of the food in front of Wonwoo. The tray made a loud ‘bump’ sound.

“Oppa. Here. Call me when you’re free. Hehe.” The girl flirted, pushing a piece of paper with a string of numbers on it. Wonwoo watched the girl, amused. Mingyu looked at her, not liking what she just did. And before he could do anything, she walked away back to the counter.

“Ohhhhhh~ Looks like Mingyu oppa has a new admirer!” Wonwoo teased, waving the piece of paper in front of Mingyu’s face.

“…stop it Wonnie. Told you I wasn’t interested in her. I’m going to return her this piece of paper and tell her that I’m gay later. And I’m most probably gonna scold her for being so rude to you. Hmph!” Mingyu huffed, before he unwrapped one of the burgers and held it in front of Wonwoo’s face.

“Here. Eat your burgers!” Mingyu said, smiling at Wonwoo who was already drooling. Wonwoo stuffed his face with the burger and Mingyu just kept staring at the older.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Wonwoo asked, his mouth full of burger.

“Eeew. That’s so unattractive. Don’t talk while you’re eating.” Mingyu scrunched his eyebrows together, using his hand to push Wonwoo’s jaw upwards. The two were eating happily and when they finished, Mingyu meant what he said and he went towards the counter.

“Oh? Oppa? How can I help you?” The girl asked, blinking her eyes at Mingyu.

“Please stop that. You’re making me uncomfortable. Please apologize to my friend. I don’t think what you did just now was very nice. And erm. I don’t think I should take your number. I’m not interested. Sorry.” Mingyu said, sliding the paper across the counter.

“Well then. I’m sorry to your ugly friend. And oppa. Are you sure you don’t want my number? We can be friends first!” The girl tried again.

“Stop being to rude to him okay! He’s my boyfriend so now will you back off?” Mingyu retorted, annoyed at the girl’s attitude. He then pulled Wonwoo’s hand and led him away from the burger shop. Mingyu remained silent the entire time, and Wonwoo felt so uncomfortable.

“Mingyu-ah…are you okay? Why are you so quiet?” Wonwoo asked, shaking their joined hands.

“Hmmm? Yeah…I’m fine…just a little pissed at the girl for saying that you’re ugly…” Mingyu pouted.

“Well…she’s not entirely wrong…” Wonwoo said, letting go of Mingyu’s hand gradually.

“No. Won ah. Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re ugly. Because you’re not.” Mingyu huffed, crossing his arms.

“Aigooo…my friend is so concerned about me. Okay okay. I’ll not. Don’t be upset anymore. Where do you wanna go?” Wonwoo asked.

“Should we go…cycling? It’s still early.” Mingyu asked, looking at Wonwoo. The older turned pale at the thought of cycling.

“H-huh? Cycling? I…don’t think it’s a good idea. I don’t want to get…erm tan.” Wonwoo lied.

“Why not? Do you not know how to cycle? Come on! I’ll teach you! I’ll catch you if you ever fall.” Mingyu said, pulling Wonwoo by his hand. Rejection and giving up are three words that never ever exist in Mingyu’s dictionary. There was a reason why Wonwoo didn’t want to go cycling. It was because the last time he did was with Sejun.

Flashback

“Won-ah! Shall we go cycling? The weather’s pretty nice!” Sejun asked, smiling brightly at the thought of cycling and having the wind blow in his face.

“H-huh…but I don’t know how to ride a bike?” Wonwoo said, embarrassed.

“It’s okay! I’ll teach you how! I’ll catch you if you ever fall.” Sejun smiled, holding Wonwoo’s hand as they walked to the park near their school. They rented one bike as Sejun insisted on teaching Wonwoo first.

“Okay. Won-ah! Look forward, hold the handlebar straight with both hands and just keep pedalling. I’ll be holding you from behind to make sure that you don’t fall okay?” Sejun instructed as Wonwoo carefully got on the bike. Sejun placed his arms on Wonwoo’s sides, to make sure that he was stable. What he couldn’t see was Wonwoo blushing really hard. His ears, neck and entire face was red. His friends never used this much skinship before, and he wasn’t used to it. What more his crush was holding him.

“Now pedal! Go go go! I’ll be holding you!” Sejun said, as Wonwoo began to pedal.

“Don’t let go! I’m going to fall! Sejun-ah!” Wonwoo screamed as his bike went the wrong way when he turned to look at Sejun.

“Ahhhhh. My knee! It’s bleeding! Sejun-ah! Save me!” Wonwoo screamed. Sejun hurriedly ran over to where Wonwoo was, apologizing profusely.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry! It’s all my fault! I suggested to ride a bike. Look what happened now. . I’m really sorry Won-ah!” Sejun said, as he used his school shirt to clean up the blood that was flowing out of Wonwoo’s wound.

“S-sejun…I’m really scared of blood. Help…” Wonwoo whispered with his eyes shut tightly.

“Alright! I’ll carry to back to the shop first and I’ll go get the first aid kit okay!” Sejun said, carrying Wonwoo in a bridal style. Wonwoo wrapped his arms around Sejun’s neck, not wanting to fall off.

“Stay here okay! I’ll go get a first aid kit.” Sejun said, placing Wonwoo down on a bench. He ran into the shop and returned with a first aid kit. He quickly cleaned up Wonwoo’s wound, wrapping it up professionally.

“Thanks Sejun-ah…” Wonwoo said with a bright smile.

“Wonnie-ah! Are you okay? Why are you crying?! If you really don’t want to go cycling then its fine!” Mingyu asked worriedly, as he wiped the tears off Wonwoo’s face. Why am I crying…I didn’t even realize…do I really miss Sejun that much? Or is it that I have slowly come to realize that it’s all in the past?

“Won-ah? Do you want to go home? I can send you home if you want?” Mingyu asked. Wonwoo shook his head, cleaning the tears on his cheeks.

“Can…I go visit the others? At the orphanage.” Wonwoo asked, looking down at his feet.

“You wanna come? Sure! Why not! I’m sure they missed you. Lots. But before that, we need to get Chan some fried chicken I promised.” Mingyu grinned, hooking his arm with Wonwoo. The two then bought some fried chicken to go and sat at the bustop drinking the bubbletea they bought on the way out.

“Wonnie-ah…what happened back there? Can’t you tell me?” Mingyu asked, looking at the view in front of them. Wonwoo, who was swinging his leg previously, paused and he looked down at his feet again.

“N-nothing much…just some…old memories.” Wonwoo sighed.

“Hey…you know you can tell me anything r

Please log in to read the full chapter