8 years later...

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 17- 8 years later…

Unknowingly, 8 years has passed. Ever since the day Wonwoo and Jihoon left, they never came back. Even though Mr Choi did promise the boys that the two were allowed to come back for a visit, it seems like they have chosen not to visit. The first month after they left, everyone in the orphanage was in a mess. Especially Mingyu. The poor boy waited at the porch every day after school, hoping that Wonwoo would come up the walkway, telling him the nightmare was over. After the first month, Mingyu has somehow convinced himself into thinking that Wonwoo must have left because of him. The other boys did their best to tell him that it was not that case, but Mingyu was stubborn. Nothing they said could ever penetrate into his mind. Gradually, Mingyu got over Wonwoo. Years passed, and Mingyu was now convinced that he was never going to see Wonwoo again. But fate, has decided to play a game.

“Jeon Wonwoo! Get up! We have to get to school early today! Don’t forget that we’re part of the student council. It’s the first day of school. The freshman are counting on Wonwoo-sunbaenim to lead them! GET UP YOU SLOTH!” Jihoon was hollering at Wonwoo, who was currently hiding under heaps of blankets.

“Ahhhhhhh! Jihoon ah…10 minutes. Just 10 minutes. Pleaseeeeee. The gaming tournament didn’t end till 3am…” Wonwoo whined, covering his head under his pillows.

“Jeon. I’m giving you 3 seconds. You know the consequences right? 3…2…” Jihoon counted down, crossing his arms.

“Yes my king! I’m up!” Wonwoo threw his blanket and pillows onto the bed before dashing out of his room to wash up.

The last time he ignored Jihoon’s countdown, the smaller boy threw a pail of ice cold water on him. During winter. And his bed was wet for at least days. Jihoon sniggered, before walking back to his own room to change into his uniform. Normally, it would be Wonwoo waking Jihoon up. But on days where they have important events and duties, Jihoon would be in charge of waking up first. Jihoon was someone who took his responsibilities very seriously. And Wonwoo? He’s just slightly behind Jihoon. Just a little. It’s just his body clock was still not adjusted back yet due to the long break, and gaming tournaments the night before didn’t help. As Jihoon walked past Wonwoo’s room, he could see the boy packing his bag at the very last moment. Typical. Wonwoo was flustered. He couldn’t find his school tie and student council badge. Something very important. If he didn’t bring them again, pretty sure Mr Kim would not let him off easily this time round. Yes, Wonwoo grew up to be one of those typical forgetful teenager. If not for his grades, he would have been kicked out of the student council.

“Aigooo. Is Wonwoo bumping his way, looking for his stuff again?” Mrs Jung asked Jihoon. Despite living together with the couple for years, the boys preferred calling Mrs Jung, Aunt Soomin and Mr Jung, Uncle Junmin.

“Yeah. As always. Now we’re going to be late for the student council meeting.” Jihoon laughed as he heard Wonwoo’s heavy footsteps coming down the steps.

“I’ll send you boys to school for today. No worries alright! My meeting starts at 8am and it’s only 6.45am. We can get to Pledis High by 7am for your meeting!” Uncle Junmin said as he finished up the remains of his breakfast.

Wonwoo’s was in a mess. His shirt was not even tucked into his pants, his blazer dangling off his shoulder and his tie was not even tied properly. Jihoon clicked his tongue, judging Wonwoo’s appearance. Well, at least his hair is neatly gelled up. But it just made his dark eye circles more prominent. Wonwoo grabbed a piece of toast and stuffed it into his mouth before wearing his school shoes. They bade goodbye to Aunt Soomin before stepping his Uncle Junmin’s car. Wonwoo took out his phone from his pocket, reading through all the messages sent in the student council group chat. After reading them, he decided to text Jun. Jun and Wonwoo were always in contact with each other, even after Wonwoo transferred schools. Turned out Jun’s father was Uncle Junmin’s business partner. So the two along with Jihoon, spent most of their weekends together. Watching their fathers play golf. They would either hang out at the pool or arcade zones in the golf club. And of course, they all ended up in the same school. Pledis High.

Pledis High was one of the rare schools which offered different paths for students. There was sports, music, social sciences, sciences, business and literature. The students were allowed to mix their classes so that they could socialize around and also try out the different paths before deciding what they really want for college.

To: Jun the Moon

Yo, Moon. Are you awake? -6.47am

Probably not because who the hell in their right state of mind wakes up at this god damn hour. -6.47am

Hey. Just wanted to tell you that I’m not attending lessons today. -6.47am

Just in case you were wondering. I’m not skipping. -6.47am

Student council responsibilities. -6.47am

Wait. Crap. Change that to 3 days’ worth of lessons. -6.57am

They just messaged us saying that we need to follow the freshies around for 3 whole days. -6.57am

IDGI. Are we their mothers? -6.58am

Wonwoo sniggered at his phone, imagining Jun’s expressions if he read the message. It would probably be a frown. And if Wonwoo was next to him, Jun would have him in a headlock, followed by a “Stop calling me Moon. I hate it.” Wonwoo didn’t understand why Jun hated it so much when he calls him ‘Moon’. Wonwoo would only call Jun ‘M

Please log in to read the full chapter