Speak Up

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 61- Speak Up

“Are you feeling better?” Jihoon asked, sitting down next to the bed Wonwoo was lying on. Wonwoo shook his head, turning his body around, back facing Jihoon.

“…yah…don’t give me the cold shoulder…I want an explanation…I didn’t send him out for nothing…” Jihoon said, staring at Wonwoo’s back.

“…maybe later…” Wonwoo sobbed out, as he wiped the tears away. Why am I crying? Oh my god…Jeon Wonwoo. What is wrong with you…You don’t even remember him…he’s just a friend. Why are you crying? Maybe that’s his girlfriend. But didn’t he say…he would always wait for me…until I remember him? Did he change his mind? That’s fast…Maybe that was why I broke up with him huh…because he’s a fickle minded jerk.

“Won. Is there something you’re not telling me?” Jihoon asked, still persistent about knowing what happened back there in the hallways.

“J-just more flashbacks…” Wonwoo said, as he stared out of the window.

“…you wanna tell me what you saw?” Jihoon approached Wonwoo, sitting down on the bed next to him.

“…The first flashback…was seeing that vandalized locker…that was mine.” Wonwoo said, as he rolled over to the other side, now facing Jihoon.

“H-hey…don’t cry…everything’s going to be fine.” Jihoon comforted, his thumb wiping that single tear falling down Wonwoo’s cheek. Wonwoo sniffed, while he opened his arms asking Jihoon for a hug. The shorter leaned forward and gave Wonwoo a tight hug. Wonwoo had went through all kinds of problems lately. He needed and deserved a hug. Wonwoo then pulled Jihoon down along when he laid back on the bed. They were lying next to each other, staring at the ceiling, no words exchanged.

“A-and I saw…him kissing another girl.” Wonwoo spoke up, startling Jihoon who almost fell asleep.

“W-what?! Won! Are you sure? Your eyes may be playing tricks on you!” Jihoon exclaimed. He was wide awake now.

“Sssh! That’s when…I had the second flashback…and the headache got like 100 times worse…I almost passed out….” Wonwoo explained.

“I don’t think that was the first time the girl kissed him…? She looked exactly like that girl in my flashback. And she kissed him twice in the flashback…” Wonwoo continued when Jihoon kept silent.

“Your memories…are really coming back aren’t they…?” Jihoon stated.

“Hoonie-ah…are you guys sure…that he used to be my boyfriend…? The way he acts…doesn’t seem like it. He lets another girl kiss him…why would I actually fall for a jerk like that?” Wonwoo questioned.

“I guess…that was why you guys broke up…because you were both so insecure.” Jihoon said. Wonwoo gave him the look to carry on with whatever he needed to say.

“Long story…or short?” Jihoon asked.

“Long. I love stories. If you’re good enough you might make me sleep.” Wonwoo grinned.

“Okay…well…the first time…you guys….hmm…not really broke up. Was because of that stupid bear Sejun gave you. Remember the bear?” Jihoon stopped to let Wonwoo answer.

“Ah…Junnie? But why?” Wonwoo gave a quizzical look.

“You idiot. Remember the stupid message?!” Jihoon knocked Wonwoo’s head, earning a pout from the taller.

“And then…the next time was you busy preparing for his birthday. And then you neglected him. He thought you were cheating on him with Jun. HAHAHAHAHA!” Jihoon couldn’t help but laugh out at the thought of Wonwoo dating Jun.

“HAHAHAHA Oh my god! Are you freaking serious? He actually thought that? HAHAHAHA!” Wonwoo laughed along and the two only stopped when the nurse told them that they were making too much noise.

“Oh god…geez. This is such a joke.” Wonwoo said when he finally calmed down.

“Yeah…I know right…but it’s probably because he didn’t know that Jun used to have a crush on you. And when he finally knew, he was scared of losing you. I mean…Jun and us. We’re so close…” Jihoon explained as Wonwoo nodded his head.

“And then…you went to…see your mother…with Mingyu.” Jihoon continued. Wonwoo’s eyes widened as he sat up.

“I-I w-what?!” Wonwoo exclaimed as he sat up.

“You mean…you don’t remember that either?” Jihoon asked, his brows clenching together.

“Obviously not! And then what happened?” Wonwoo exclaimed.

“And then…here we are…? I remember…the last thing you told me about Mingyu…on that very day you got injured…was that you still have feelings for him…” Jihoon sighed.

“…I do?” Wonwoo asked.

“How would I know?” Jihoon retorted, flicking Wonwoo’s forehead.

“…But even if I did…I wouldn’t have any left…now…” Wonwoo sighed.

“But Won…are you really really really like 100 percent sure that they kissed?” Jihoon asked. Wonwoo glared at him, making the shorter back away.

“But that doesn’t make sense…Mingyu obviously still loves you…” Jihoon mumbled to himself.

“That’s just what he says. He probably just wants all of you to think that way. So that you guys can come convince me and all that . And then behind our backs he does all that with the girl.” Wonwoo tried coming up with some kind of explanation. He still had his doubts about Mingyu’s feelings. The two fell asleep and only woke up when the bell for lunch rang.

“Let’s go get some food.” Jihoon said, as he allowed Wonwoo to wrap an arm around his shoulder. He would do anything to make Wonwoo feel better and happier.

“Can’t we eat in here…? I mean there’s hardly anyone around during midterms. We didn’t hang out here as much because of the noise…” Wonwoo asked, after they got their food.

“B-but why? I’m sure the rest are waiting for us though…” Jihoon hesitated, million thoughts going through his head.

“J-just…I don’t feel like seeing him for some time…the headaches are really making me feel terrible…” Wonwoo said, lowering his head.

“Alright then…let’s find a table…” Jihoon gave in, and almost immediately, Wonwoo’s expressions brightened up. They sat down at a table furthest away, happily chomping on their food. As they were chatting, a girl with freshly cut bangs walked with pride towards their table. Wonwoo recognised her as the girl who kissed Mingyu in the morning. Jihoon rolled his eyes when the girl stopped by their table.

“Hey losers. I heard you lost your memories?” Nayeon greeted, directing her question at Wonwoo. Wonwoo looked towards Jihoon, his eyes asking for an answer. 

“Looks like you really don’t remember me huh? Nice to meet you. I’m Nayeon. Mingyu’s girlfriend. So stay away from him. Thanks and bye.” Nayeon said, flipping her hair before walking off.

“Girlfriend my . He has to think you’re normal for that to happen. And you sure are a psychopath…” Jihoon mumbled under his breath, totally not noticing Wonwoo.

“Yah…why are you so angry at her…? She’s pretty though. I won’t be surprised if they really ended up together.” Wonwoo laughed.

“Are you crazy?! That psychopath did all sorts of to hurt you. I’ll be the crazy one if I wasn’t angry at her.” Jihoon scolded.

“Alright I got you marshmallow…” Wonwoo said, ruffling Jihoon’s hair. The shorter in turn bit his hand, and Wonwoo groaned. Jihoon smirked in victory. No one ever goes untouched if they called Jihoon a marshmallow. They headed back to class when they were done, only to see a seething Soonyoung and Jun.

“YAH! The two of you are s. Left us in class and you guys even dumped us during lunch. This friendship needs a little consideration.” Soonyoung huffed, crossing his arms, staring through his bangs.

“Overreacting again Kwon.” Jihoon said, smacking the other’s arm as he sat down.

“Where did you guys go anyways?” Soonyoung asked, shifting his chair around to face Wonwoo and Jun who were sitting behind them.

“We fell asleep in the infirmary. And we ate in the cafeteria if that’s what you want to know.” Wonwoo answered.

“Why didn’t you guys ask me along…do you know how awkward I felt there…” Jun rolled his eyes.

“Betrayer! You were supposed to be on my side!” Soonyoung cried.

“Weren’t you supposed to be a social butterfly my dear Junhui…” Wonwoo said sarcastically, earning himself another eye roll from Jun.

“It would have helped if some loser stopped faces in the clubroom. And that kid wouldn’t stop sulking because he got chased out of the infirmary by Jihoon and you guys didn’t even turn up for lunch. Don’t even start on Seungcheol hyung. He was busy with your ing student council .” Jun retorted.

“Oh come on. Don’t act all innocent.” Soonyoung said. Before Jun could shoot back with his wants to start an argument, the teacher stepped into class. All that could be heard for the next 2 hours were furious scribblings, flipping of papers and the occasional groans and ruffl

Please log in to read the full chapter